1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 21 hours, 23 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 2 hours, 36 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 14 hours, 23 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 19 hours, 36 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 318 of 380 FirstFirst ... 268 308 316 317 318 319 320 328 368 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by haroldsaxon View Post
    Just because you say its a pointless discussion, it doesn't mean it is
    Well go find someone else to have the sub discussion with, because I'm not doing it.

I don't go at content super hard, I work full time. I play a few hours a few days a week - I could do a few hours a night but i'd rather play other games because there isn't really much to do.
    Okay? So 8 bosses in Gordian and all of a sudden you'll love the game? I just don't get it. I'd like to see more raid content but I think it'd be at the cost of other content.

You keep saying a minority of players, but there has certainly been a rising trend of players being unhappy and leaving the game. What happens when the dedicated community goes elsewhere? Who does the theorycrafting? Who makes the video guides? Who makes the gear tool websites. Who logs in to do Roulettes for current tomes?
    People are always unhappy about these fucking games. Honestly, I cannot tell FFXIV OF apart from WoW when it was literally the best and most popular MMO on the planet. Everyone was either crying about how ToC was too short and how it ruined Ulduar because no one wanted to do Ulduar or bitching about how people demanding ilvl for ICC was ruining their experience. I just can't accept the online behavior of maybe most the whiniest game genre fanbase as evidence of anything.

Its Extreme, its not like its Savage. I don't think they would ever implement it because people would cry about it, but the dev time required to adjust it would certainly be less than creating a who new raid, and it would also help move the game away from 8 man statics and open up more content for Linkshells/FC's.
    Not to mention the crying about how it's rehashed content.

People still Diadem for the rewards before Relic came out. The rewards were hugely incentivized for Diadem. Best in Slot i210 plus Tier 5 Materia - getting ready for 3.2. For Void Ark, upgrade items weekly (can also be got from Hunts) and the i200 gear is outstripped by the rewards for Diadem. People would still do Void Ark if the rewards were relevant.
    Actually why do we have to speak in such absolutes here? People ARE still doing Void Ark, granted it's mainly for the upgrade material, and even then people are only going to do it at most once a week because of the inherent design (flaw) of it.

Do you mean post-expansion because everything I listed there was post expansion. I never said its the standard state of affairs, I specifically said that this was an issue with the expansion. I wasn't a fan of it pre-expansion, but I could understand why they did it and could live with it. But they sped it up with 3.0.
    Yeah typo, but anyway it just felt like you were conflating standard obsolescence with the cluster fuck of 3.0 which was expressly a post expansion issue.

There is nothing challenging to do outside of stuff with my raid group. Nothing to do stuff with my FC. Nothing to do with people i'm in linkshells with. Variety is good - if people want to get Eso's, at this point they should be uncapped. Give people multiple avenues for doing it. Its boring doing the exact same thing multiple times day in day out.
    You really seem to have a lot of faith in everything dropping Eso and Eso being upcapped as some revitalizing thing for the game, I just don't see that. If they uncap them now fine I don't really have an issue with it

Making Diadem 190/200/210 would have made 0 difference whatsoever. Why? Because the 190/200 would still have been junk.
    We're talking about gearing alts here(at least I specifically mentioned that), having more access to i200 gear would be great for alts frankly. 205 weapon and full 200 with some pieces of 210 would make your alt raid viable. I mean think about it for a second, there's almost no access to i200 gear, it's locked behind esoterics or locked behind a weekly lock out. I can kind of agree that it's ridiculous that i200 gear is the choke point when it's possibly to obtain an almost endless supply of the upgrade materials.

I'd like the patch schedule if it was 2014. But 2015 was a very disappointing year for FFXIV. 5 months between patches with a lower amount of content isn't good enough imo.
    Yeah god people are really sore about that delay huh? It was disappointing but overall I liked it enough through ARR just to give them a pass and see if we get back to scheduled ... scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    Not talking about alts. I'm talking about the relevant fundamental difference between WoW and XIV. In WoW you play one class per toon. On XIV you can play all of them on one toon (to the best of my understanding). I don't know how gear lockouts or whatever worked on WoW, but if you only had to worry about gathering gear for one class then lockouts might not seem so bad. XIV however is designed around the concept of playing every class on one toon and switching at will. If you want to get around the gear caps and gear two jobs simultaneously in XIV you have to make another character. That's why I'm suggesting that what worked well in WoW might not be so healthy for XIV. The class system and expectations for what you should be allowed to do in XIV, particularly regarding gear, is fundamentally different. The game encourages leveling and playing all jobs, but limits how many you can gear per gear cycle. It's stupid.
    That makes more sense, I guess but alt gearing in WoW wasn't super easy anyway. It required a lot more play time since raids took time to organize and at that point in Wrath you were ideally running 10 man and 25 man once a week on both characters. You got badges for your Tier gear (equivalent of Eso gear) from both daily dungeons and raid lockout. So you weren't getting very close at all to that gear just by running your daily dungeon quests, it'd be five weeks just for your chest alone just by doing dungeons and a weekly easy raid.

edit: I don't remember this all very well and am going off some old wowhead posts so forgive me if I got something wrong.

I guess they could do something to make alt gearing a little easier in FFXIV but I don't see any potential system where "being able to gear two jobs" won't end up used as "gearing my main job twice as fast". I'd be more for just not putting a weekly lockout on Void Ark, maybe instead give someone a bonus on their first roll of the week, or put in a vendor so everyone gets a free item each week. Honestly I still feel like the whole token system from Alexander kind of solves this problem because your Static is going to start passing way earlier and you're going to be able to gear that off spec.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Worm View Post
    Well go find someone else to have the sub discussion with, because I'm not doing it.
    You asked me a question. I answered it. Don't throw your toys out of the pram because you didn't like the answer.

Okay? So 8 bosses in Gordian and all of a sudden you'll love the game? I just don't get it. I'd like to see more raid content but I think it'd be at the cost of other content.
    Where did I say that? Where did I specify just raid content? Please, feel free to quote me where I specifically said that. I want more challenging content. Personally, I feel 4 x Story, 4 x Final Coil and 4 x Savage level fights would actually be fair, but when I talk about more content, I mean more trials. More dungeons. New treasure maps. And I would like a fair portion of that to be challenging content.

People are always unhappy about these fucking games. Honestly, I cannot tell FFXIV OF apart from WoW when it was literally the best and most popular MMO on the planet. Everyone was either crying about how ToC was too short and how it ruined Ulduar because no one wanted to do Ulduar or bitching about how people demanding ilvl for ICC was ruining their experience. I just can't accept the online behavior of maybe most the whiniest game genre fanbase as evidence of anything.
    So just because you can't accept something people aren't allowed to discuss it? I suggest you make a tumblr blog.

Not to mention the crying about how it's rehashed content.
    Its a legitimate complaint, but its still better than nothing at all. The idea of a level 60 Titan fight that was talked about in Yoshi-P's latest interview sounded entertaining

Actually why do we have to speak in such absolutes here? People ARE still doing Void Ark, granted it's mainly for the upgrade material, and even then people are only going to do it at most once a week because of the inherent design (flaw) of it.
    I was talking about from my experience, when I specifically said "Most people I know don't do Void Ark because Diadem gear is better". Imo, its a legitimate complaint because of the lack of incentive to do that content.

Yeah typo, but anyway it just felt like you were conflating standard obsolescence with the cluster fuck of 3.0 which was expressly a post expansion issue.
    I never said it wasn't a post expansion issue, it was specifically what I was talking about. And with Story mode confirmed for 3.2, who is to say it will be anything different?

You really seem to have a lot of faith in everything dropping Eso and Eso being upcapped as some revitalizing thing for the game, I just don't see that. If they uncap them now fine I don't really have an issue with it
    When have I said that it would revitalize the game? Theres a lot of changes that I would like to see, but imo without more content, I can't see the game improving.

We're talking about gearing alts here(at least I specifically mentioned that), having more access to i200 gear would be great for alts frankly. 205 weapon and full 200 with some pieces of 210 would make your alt raid viable. I mean think about it for a second, there's almost no access to i200 gear, it's locked behind esoterics or locked behind a weekly lock out. I can kind of agree that it's ridiculous that i200 gear is the choke point when it's possibly to obtain an almost endless supply of the upgrade materials.
    As long as i210 is available from Diadem, anything below that is worthless. Void ark gear should have been upgradable to i210 with the raid upgrade items, and the diadem gear should not have been Aetherial.

Yeah god people are really sore about that delay huh? It was disappointing but overall I liked it enough through ARR just to give them a pass and see if we get back to scheduled ... scheduling.
    Name me a major patch that occurred in 2015 that wasn't either delayed and/or had content moved to a side patch.

That makes more sense, I guess but alt gearing in WoW wasn't super easy anyway. It required a lot more play time since raids took time to organize and at that point in Wrath you were ideally running 10 man and 25 man once a week on both characters. You got badges for your Tier gear (equivalent of Eso gear) from both daily dungeons and raid lockout. So you weren't getting very close at all to that gear just by running your daily dungeon quests, it'd be five weeks just for your chest alone just by doing dungeons and a weekly easy raid.

edit: I don't remember this all very well and am going off some old wowhead posts so forgive me if I got something wrong.

I guess they could do something to make alt gearing a little easier in FFXIV but I don't see any potential system where "being able to gear two jobs" won't end up used as "gearing my main job twice as fast". I'd be more for just not putting a weekly lockout on Void Ark, maybe instead give someone a bonus on their first roll of the week, or put in a vendor so everyone gets a free item each week. Honestly I still feel like the whole token system from Alexander kind of solves this problem because your Static is going to start passing way earlier and you're going to be able to gear that off spec.
    I never played WoW so I can't really comment.

Alt gearing is already ridiculously easy. If you are talking about my posts about a separate cap for each job, that is more for raiding balance so people can be encourage to switch between fights.

While those Void Ark changes wouldn't be too bad, it still wouldn't make a difference when Diadem would be free welfare i210 bis.

You asked me a question. I answered it. Don't throw your toys out of the pram because you didn't like the answer.
    Yeah I tell you I don't think something is worth talking about and type out a full fucking reply to you about everything else. What a piece of shit I am, huh?

Where did I say that? Where did I specify just raid content? Please, feel free to quote me where I specifically said that.
    You are getting really fucking tiresome with this shit. I made an apparently wrong assumption, don't be such a pissant about it.

I want more challenging content. Personally, I feel 4 x Story, 4 x Final Coil and 4 x Savage level fights would actually be fair, but when I talk about more content, I mean more trials. More dungeons. New treasure maps. And I would like a fair portion of that to be challenging
    In my mind raid means all 8 man content, so I was including trials/primals. Though yeah, that's what I figured you meant. Sure I'd love to see them add more challenging dungeons too, but even if we got 5 more dungeons it'd just still be that same base difficulty. So when someone talking about more content so they have something do I'm not going to assume they mean dungeons and treasure maps anymore than I'm going to assume they mean LoV or Triple Triad.

So just because you can't accept something people aren't allowed to discuss it? I suggest you make a tumblr blog.
    Jesus, you're even getting topical here. I'll just repeat myself because obviously you were so excited with zinger that you didn't read what I said. Pointing to forums where people are ALWAYS FUCKING MISERABLE is not a good indicator of mood. You could point to Lucky Bancho's site or something but there isn't a good indicator of a population drop there yet. Might have to do with when he does his scrapes, I don't know really. Telling me that MMO forum retards are banging on their cages just isn't a compelling argument, sorry.

Its a legitimate complaint, but its still better than nothing at all. The idea of a level 60 Titan fight that was talked about in Yoshi-P's latest interview sounded entertaining
    I don't care if it's rehashed, I think updating fights is perfectly acceptable as long as it doesn't become a replacement for brand new content.

I never said it wasn't a post expansion issue, it was specifically what I was talking about. And with Story mode confirmed for 3.2, who is to say it will be anything different?
    I'm having trouble with this sentence here, you never said it's was a post expansion issue, except in 3.2 when it happens again? The main difference is that all the content will be in at the start of 3.2 things won't have to be paced to keep people from killing themselves.

When have I said that it would revitalize the game? Theres a lot of changes that I would like to see, but imo without more content, I can't see the game improving.
    You literally wrote about how you have nothing to do, variety is good, it's boring doing the same thing every day, so they should uncap Eso can give people more avenues to pursue it. Really seemed heavily implied to me, you set it up with a problem about the game being boring and then offer a solution, uncapping eso and putting it on more things.

As long as i210 is available from Diadem, anything below that is worthless. Void ark gear should have been upgradable to i210 with the raid upgrade items, and the diadem gear should not have been Aetherial.
    This is such an ass backward way to think. i200 is perfectly acceptable for working at the hardest content in the game right now, and if people are gearing for that (literally the only thing worth gearing for) then no i200 gear isn't worthless at all. I don't know why you think everyone needs to be showered with i210 gear just because a little of it was opened up outside of Alexander.

Name me a major patch that occurred in 2015 that wasn't either delayed and/or had content moved to a side patch.
    2.5 was 3 months after 2.4. The only reason "content was moved to a side patch" was so it could coincide with the Heavensward release which did get delayed. Of course it'd be a bit silly if ARR ended 3 or 4 months before HW's original release date (Probably April or May).

I never played WoW so I can't really comment.

Alt gearing is already ridiculously easy. If you are talking about my posts about a separate cap for each job, that is more for raiding balance so people can be encourage to switch between fights.

While those Void Ark changes wouldn't be too bad, it still wouldn't make a difference when Diadem would be free welfare i210 bis.
    Naw I was just spit balling. I can see people's complaints about alt gearing but it shouldn't be that bad as long as you can clear A1S and A2S.

Anyway this is fun but we're completely making a mess out of this thread, if you want to reply again just dump it in the game complaints thread or PM me, whatever.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

The
    official
    forum
    fail
    thread:
    The
    number
    of
    quotes
    is
    too
    damn
    high.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yes please ^

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

LMAO

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I guess they could do something to make alt gearing a little easier in FFXIV but I don't see any potential system where "being able to gear two jobs" won't end up used as "gearing my main job twice as fast".
    There have been a few good ideas from players about how to fix this.

1. Preserve the weekly tomestone cap but use tomestones to unlock gear slots (and use some other method or different uncapped tomestones to obtain the actual gear). Then you could buy or farm gear for the unlocked slot across all jobs. This would still limit players to an incomplete set on any one job for x number of weeks, but allow them to gear as many jobs as they want simultaneously.

2. Instead of having one pool of tomestones to draw from, the total tomestones you collect for the week are given to each job. For example, if you collect 400 tomestones in the week, each job has 400 tomestones to spend on its job-specific gear. You must be on the job to exchange job-specific tomestones and you can only buy job-specific armors/accessories for that job. This only works if they keep the same paradigm they have now with eso gear having separate gear for each job, though.

I'm sure there are many variations of these ideas that would still keep players from being able to gear up all at once while still being allowed to gear all their jobs at about the same rate. It's not exactly rocket science, SE just wants our secondary jobs to live on shittier gear than our mains for some reason. Probably to keep old gear needed longer, hah.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The unlocking slots seems like a good idea; you could use eso to unlock slots and then more law to buy the items. The only "problem" is that if you can unlock slots in that fashion, Void Ark gear becomes even more useless than it already is... unless you make Void Ark gear upgradable too! But with three sets of (leftside) endgame gear, it becomes harder to ensure that there is a sufficient incentive to do Savage for "BiS" gear.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Not going to bother PM'ing you as you - when you actually want to read my posts rather than just add in things that I didn't say to complain about then feel free to post.

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    There have been a few good ideas from players about how to fix this.

1. Preserve the weekly tomestone cap but use tomestones to unlock gear slots (and use some other method or different uncapped tomestones to obtain the actual gear). Then you could buy or farm gear for the unlocked slot across all jobs. This would still limit players to an incomplete set on any one job for x number of weeks, but allow them to gear as many jobs as they want simultaneously.

2. Instead of having one pool of tomestones to draw from, the total tomestones you collect for the week are given to each job. For example, if you collect 400 tomestones in the week, each job has 400 tomestones to spend on its job-specific gear. You must be on the job to exchange job-specific tomestones and you can only buy job-specific armors/accessories for that job. This only works if they keep the same paradigm they have now with eso gear having separate gear for each job, though.

I'm sure there are many variations of these ideas that would still keep players from being able to gear up all at once while still being allowed to gear all their jobs at about the same rate. It's not exactly rocket science, SE just wants our secondary jobs to live on shittier gear than our mains for some reason. Probably to keep old gear needed longer, hah.
    This goes back into this weird desire to be omni* I see out of players in this game. People wet their pants over the specialization system because it kills omnicrafters, and now we need some contrivance so everyone can have a fully geared everything? I still feel like there should be some limitation on gearing alts, and honestly I still don't see why the way raid tokens work is unacceptable. If you're regularly raiding you're going to gear up alts pretty quick because tokens not only pile when your main is geared, but also open up more loot to you as people gear their mains.

With how weird they are about adding more currency or putting things in the Key Item tab I can't imagine we'll see class specific tomestones. Though this would be an acceptable system to me, I just don't see the need for someone to have a full set of 200 alts for essentially next to no effort and 210 alts for a small amount of effort(I guess that depends on how bad hunts are on your server).

I honestly think it's just their idea of pacing but really it's an issue of i200 gear somehow being almost less accessible than i210 gear, which is just a really stupid itemization choice. I think either upgrade materials need to be actually limited or they just need to give more greeds per week in Void Ark. It's ridiculous how much loot goes to rot in the existing system.

Not going to bother PM'ing you as you - when you actually want to read my posts rather than just add in things that I didn't say to complain about then feel free to post.
    I'm sorry I deflected your "QUOTE ME EXACTLY WHERE I SAID THAT" bullshit, but I just feel dungeons are barely content so I just inferred you meant more of the only meaningful content in the game right now. You were talking about content adjustment, not just more content. Like it might seem like I'm being petty here, but when people say "this game just needs more content" I don't expect them to mean more and significantly better content. Yes all games will be better with better content.

Cassalot

jesus christ. just shut up already.

Hey I specifically didn't hyper quote Silenka there, that has to be worth something right?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I think it's safe to say we all have a difference of opinion that won't align and maybe best to leave it at that.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Can we all just be friends? ;__;

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Peachi View Post
    Can we all just be friends? ;__;
    No. We're on BG.

Related to the thread, I clicked the "post your Miqo" thread on accident.

Holy shit was that a mistake. Almost every post in there can be counted as an OF fail in some form or another.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Lujei View Post
    No. We're on BG.

Related to the thread, I clicked the "post your Miqo" thread on accident.

Holy shit was that a mistake. Almost every post in there can be counted as an OF fail in some form or another.
    Having never entered that darkness, I can only assume it's FurAffinity Lite.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

The easiest way to describe it would be 13 year-old girls that are really 30 year-old men RPing as cats, posting their character's face expressing their current mood, and "totally-not-lewd-I-swear!" pictures of themselves and some stranger's afk character.

Quote Originally Posted by Lujei View Post
    The easiest way to describe it would be 13 year-old girls that are really 30 year-old men RPing as cats, posting their character's face expressing their current mood, and "totally-not-lewd-I-swear!" pictures of themselves and some stranger's afk character.
    You pretty much described every RP group in ff14.

XI was, and will always be, better.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Korialstrasz View Post
    The forum thread: number quotes too high.
    10/10

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Not the right place for it, but I'm becoming increasingly aware that calling something with only two sides a "roulette" is sort of missing the point. It's a goddamn coinflip, not a roulette.

I guess it counts, if the spots are all unlabeled and are just red or black.