1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 14 hours, 22 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 9 hours, 37 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 7 hours, 22 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 2 hours, 37 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 374 of 380 FirstFirst ... 324 364 372 373 374 375 376 ... LastLast
    Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire View Post
    Tanks took about a 10% dps hit with the str/vit changes.
    They did, but i'm just being optimistic that they'd not penalize healers. Then again, it's them.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...xiv_character/

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...her_drew_this/

I guess these have ruffled some artfag feathers.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Edelweiss View Post
    They did, but i'm just being optimistic that they'd not penalize healers. Then again, it's them.

>My BF's wife.

I know it's a joke but I love some of the reactions.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

The actual pics make me miss that dude who drew the stick mithra comics for XI.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

My fucking sides lmaooooo

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    The actual pics make me miss that dude who drew the stick mithra comics for XI.
    Check out one of the OPs there: MysteriousRyan. Could it truly be Mystery Mithra!?

Also
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...ase_or_player/

Quote Originally Posted by emotional_skyscraper
    On another note, I really don't understand why people keep upvoting the same "I'm new to the game and the community is great blah blah blah" and generic "I got a thing" posts. Does anyone really care?
    Quote Originally Posted by PromiseRain
    "I'm new to this game and let me just say",

"So I guess I'm not allowed to give advice",

"My grandmother's husband's grandson's friend's girlfriend did a thing for me",

"My commission for my",

and the obvious "I personally like my selfie" screenshots are ALL anyone ever posts about in this sub-Reddit.

It's almost like it became a personal blog, photo album, art gallery website.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rojaha
    Also the daily "FFXIV is the best community ever in the history of anything!" threads. Its not discussion of any kind. Its just self-felatio.
    Let's see if these haven't been inundated with downvotes in the next 24 hours.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...e-No-Bonus-DFs

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Check out one of the OPs there: MysteriousRyan. Could it truly be Mystery Mithra!?
    :O no way. I wonder...

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Regardless of what I think about the skill, I feel like Clerics is going to be addressed/changed by the developers eventually. My only hope is that they don't ruin healer DPS completely whenever that happens.

Personally I think a good compromise would be making healer DPS work similarly to tank DPS:
    -Make healer DPS spells scale off MND.
    -Keep Cleric's stance. Remove the INT<->MND swap but keep the 10% mattack boost and 20% healing penalty (maybe change these to +20%/-30%).
    -Move a bigger portion of a healer's DPS into "passive" damage, for example by increasing all DOT durations to at least 25-30s and reducing the potency of direct damage spells slightly .
    (Obviously the goal would be to keep overall DPS the same, all numbers/scaling should be tuned accordingly).

With these changes new people (or bads) can just cast spells whenever and still contribute even outside of Clerics, and the lower risk of DPSing in general would hopefully make it more inviting for people to at least do the bare minimum. At the same time, players who enjoy optimizing and those who enjoy the current state of healing get to keep stance dancing.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

While he makes his point come accross badly he still have a good one. There are plently of good players who get shitted on because they are newer or late to the party, when you have a shit tons of horrific players able to join parties after a paid clear or a free carry.
    My favorites ones are the "Clear for a friend! No bonus!" ones, I mean what sort of hypocrisy or double standard is it.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I love the "Clear for a friend/2 people" parties and the one who start it dies to every mechanic and has absolutely no idea how the fight works.

Kicker is when people want ilvl268-270 for Zurvan.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

At the point you're looking for clears of anything beyond Sephirot (Ex) you should be aiming to find yourself a linkshell or FC that might be willing to help out. But then again we're in the period where many players are going to be moving to complete other games until Stormblood comes out.

If they're coming back.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

There's plenty of learning and clear parties in PF all the time.

And of course, if you can't find one...

make one!

The problem with making the argument that "farm parties that don't want bonus people could let one good player who hasn't cleared in" is that if you open a farm party to one bonus person, pretty much all the slots will end up being filled with bonus people. Cause they will jump on that like it's a learning party even if it clearly says "farm". And then you don't have a farm, you have a learning party.

But it's seriously not hard to get into a learning party or make one. Even someone who doesn't have a lot of time should be able to manage it. This dude is just whining to be carried.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...become-healers.

I guess I didn't even notice this thread. I saw someone talk about the no healer DPS force making another stand here, thread doesn't disappoint (unless you expect people not to defend poor play by choice..).
    As a former career healer from XI days to..sometime last year in XIV before going tank, doing anything about clerics stance is not going to make people want to be healers. Healing folks is something you truly want to do. Anyone can pick up (well..almost)tanking, and DPS, but healing is a totally different league. You have to be ready to make up for other peoples mistakes, you have to be ready when you make your own, you have to know fights(an important thing when it comes to proper stance dancing), you have to always deal with healer's anxiety and be prepared to take the blame when shit goes awry even when it isn't your fault. In some way you have to actually care enough about the group to keep them going.

I myself, did not mind cleric stance, because I've used it so long that I learned when I can use it and when I cannot. The damage boost was also nice. Though like other healers, the 5 second nerf is painful. Jumping on the class was easy because I like doing it, and I found out 15 years ago in FFXI after trying all the starting jobs that healing was my forte, and been doing that in any game that had a healing type class.

Those people are just terrible at WHM/AST/SCH, and would rather just DPS the entire time while everyone rides 20-30% HP, I've seen it happen in my DPS days. I actually feel like they blame SE for their terrible play style.

Healing isn't for folks who don't want or cannot deal with being responsible for the "lives" of others.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
    As a former career healer from XI days to..sometime last year in XIV before going tank, doing anything about clerics stance is not going to make people want to be healers. Healing folks is something you truly want to do. Anyone can pick up (well..almost)tanking, and DPS, but healing is a totally different league. You have to be ready to make up for other peoples mistakes, you have to be ready when you make your own, you have to know fights(an important thing when it comes to proper stance dancing), you have to always deal with healer's anxiety and be prepared to take the blame when shit goes awry even when it isn't your fault. In some way you have to actually care enough about the group to keep them going.

I myself, did not mind cleric stance, because I've used it so long that I learned when I can use it and when I cannot. The damage boost was also nice. Though like other healers, the 5 second nerf is painful. Jumping on the class was easy because I like doing it, and I found out 15 years ago in FFXI after trying all the starting jobs that healing was my forte, and been doing that in any game that had a healing type class.

Those people are just terrible at WHM/AST/SCH, and would rather just DPS the entire time while everyone rides 20-30% HP, I've seen it happen in my DPS days. I actually feel like they blame SE for their terrible play style.

Healing isn't for folks who don't want or cannot deal with being responsible for the "lives" of others.
    Funnily enough tanks says the exact same things.. I say its the players fault for putting their expectations on one another and to be completely infexlible when things don't go their way.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Inflexibility, that's exactly the thing.

There's always that tank who throws a fit and refuses to tank properly when someone pulls ahead of them, or takes aggro off them, or casts Regen on him pre-pull.
    Then there's them healers who refuse to heal people who take aggro off the tank, or aggros, or stands in bad, or is too far.
    Then there's the DPS not being considerate of the tank (out threat tank initially) or healer (not using pots, not using defensive abilities, not doing anything helpful) and proceeds to do dumb things (mah DPS!!!) and remove themselves from the fight.

edit: and for any hybrid, the player who refuse to think their role is for anything but their own role. Looking at you, cleric stance haters

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

To be fair though, if a DPS chooses to pull even before the whole raid is there or in EX primal (like Zurvan) I'm going to let them take the beating they clearly wanted so badly lol. I'm all for doing my job, but I'm also not nice enough to reward impatience/stupidity, same as when I play a healer, I'm not wasting mana raising your 10-12 time dying ass for your inability to dodge mechanics as you're equally useless double weak since hard hitting mechanics will always one shot you.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The main thing I would change about Cleric's Stance is reversing the cooldown. Right now, you can go from heal to DPS any damn time you feel like it, but when something crazy happens and you just switched to DPS (or you got the dreaded double-click coming out of DPS), you have to sit there and do nothing for 5 seconds. The cooldown should be activated when you turn it off, not when you turn it on.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Inflexibility, that's exactly the thing.

There's always that tank who throws a fit and refuses to tank properly when someone pulls ahead of them, or takes aggro off them, or casts Regen on him pre-pull.
    Then there's them healers who refuse to heal people who take aggro off the tank, or aggros, or stands in bad, or is too far.
    Then there's the DPS not being considerate of the tank (out threat tank initially) or healer (not using pots, not using defensive abilities, not doing anything helpful) and proceeds to do dumb things (mah DPS!!!) and remove themselves from the fight.

edit: and for any hybrid, the player who refuse to think their role is for anything but their own role. Looking at you, cleric stance haters
    What you say is perfectly correct, however when one role decide to go "fuck all" they just impact negatively on the 2 others.
    I take your tank example with the early puller DPS, that DPS was an idiot simply because he decided to go ahead and pull out of impatience just to raise his DPS number by a tiny and irrelevant amount, then what happen?

Healer: if they are new to the duty they might panic and cock up, not paying attention to the rest of the party or the tank whos taking a beating.
    If they are vets they do not care.

Tank: if they are new they might lose aggro on all other mobs trying to get enmity back on the one(s) that DPS pulled and not use their CDs as they should.
    They are Vets, the aggro will be gained back while maintaining the rest but time/ressources will be lost in the process.

This is where idiot DPS puller annoys me, its even more annoying if the healer casted a regen on the party because then the DPS who stands 75 miles to the west will have one mob while the 2 remaining mobs are running toward the healer who's standing 150 to the east.. (you get my point.)

When the DPS could have waited half a second, let me place the mobs for him and allow me to have fun with my tools, actually allowing me to DPS better and by doing so shortening the run which was the main aim. Especially as a DRK, it can be troublesome to manage MPs when one DPS do that as you spend more mps trying to set things up, than actually doing more damage.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Then there's the DPS not being considerate of the tank (out threat tank initially)
    Other than not using aggro dumps and pulling themselves, there is no way that a DPS should out threat a tank as long as the tank is appropriately geared and playing properly.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

oops, I should've added that very fact. hah

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...dentity-Crisis

This is such a special thread. Pages of Silverquick (see this previous post for a real gem) arguing with OP about this.