1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 21 hours, 46 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 2 hours, 13 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 14 hours, 46 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 19 hours, 13 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 379 of 380 FirstFirst ... 329 369 377 378 379 380 LastLast
    RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Burning Legion

Quote Originally Posted by carlweathers View Post
    You have the patience of a saint.
    That's kind of you to say, but I really don't. I was just benefiting from being able to rant and say heinous things that would surely get me banned to my husband.

:D

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I like healers DPSing discussions (or arguements)

It's like RDM melee all over again

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

None of those healers I would consider trust worthy in party situations. The amount of bad practices/playstyles thrown around in there is scary sometimes.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

If you're not even willing to dps once stancedancing is out of the picture, you're a straight up retard.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Burning Legion

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    If you're not even willing to dps once stancedancing is out of the picture, you're a straight up retard.
    That's basically what I have been trying to express on the OF (in a manner that will hopefully not get me bannned, but who knows?). That being said, there are a fair few people who are still super obstinate about it and refuse to even try come 4.0. I can't understand that mentality at all.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    "But Yoshida himself said it's okay if I only heal so get over it you elitist"

Still can't wait to see this.

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    "But Yoshida himself said it's okay if I only heal so get over it you elitist"

Still can't wait to see this.
    Oh it's there...

YEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS, YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS take that you pseudo elitists!! XD
    Now you can do nothing to stop a healer not dpsing, NOTHING, this is so EPIC. Try to kick the healer now LOL.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

You can still kick for "differences in playstyle" lol

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

I'm not surprised yet I feel I need to go watch cute animals to restore some faith in humanity...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If you bring a friend with you to dungeons you can kick any asshole you please.

Awww I'm sad they locked that thread. 111 pages in less than two days. It was truly incredible.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

that thread is gold and magic and rainbows and puppies

for the life of me I cannot understand what is so complicated about "healer dps isn't mandatory, but if you don't even try you're being selfish and wasting everyone else's time."

it's not a complicated concept...

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post

for the life of me I cannot understand what is so complicated about "healer dps isn't mandatory, but if you don't even try you're being selfish and wasting everyone else's time."

Whenever I see those threads the only thing I can think about is that XI player from back in the day who refused to level anything besides whm or thf telling everyone on KI: "You don't pay my sub! It's my $12 a month!" God, those flame threads were fantastic.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You're right it's not complicated. And it appears I've misunderstood the mentality of OF healers.

I was posting there at a time where it was Healer DPS or GTFO. It seems they shifted the other way now.

To that end, I say that it's not hard to find time to DPS, for a reasonable amount of time too. Everyone here at BG knows that. You can't argue that point on the OF though. You can come up with the regenerative heal combos/ideal times to drop shields/etc that allow for DPS time, and they'll likely make excuses about not doing that.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Maybe if we (pro-DPS healers) keep moaning they'll add a healing effect to our DPS spells lol

So if we cast Holy, it'll apply a 50/100 potency cure effect to all friendly targets around you.

Cast Stone, which has an added effect of a splash-heal 50-100 potency around the target it hits.

Everyone wins!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Watch them quit healers altogether then because they still don't want to dps. Just to switch to a dps, haha

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Maybe if we (pro-DPS healers) keep moaning they'll add a healing effect to our DPS spells lol
    Assize is a thing

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

need something spammable lol

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It's mostly WHMs I see being lazy as shit in dungeons. Make their DPS spells guarantee lily proc.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post

So if we cast Holy, it'll apply a 50/100 potency cure effect to all friendly targets around you.

Cast Stone, which has an added effect of a splash-heal 50-100 potency around the target it hits.

Everyone wins!
    You know this could be a good suggestion tho, Cast stone 25% chances to apply a Stoneskin effect to the melee around.
    Cast Aero 25% chances to apply a 1 hit avoidance buff such as the NIN ability or 10% chances to give a 10 sec +10% Skill speed buff to the melee.
    Cast Holy, 15% of total damages to party heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Watch them quit healers altogether then because they still don't want to dps. Just to switch to a dps, haha
    No they will go tank and use the DPS nerf to say "Look I can helmet and helmet only because Yoshida said so!"

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post

Its all down to players expecations, but everything we do is bad in a way, let me try to explain. You end up in a duty and:

You see someone full iLv270 (tomes/Proto Ultima) with 275 relic on any job > You think "oh they are iLv270, they cleared Dun Scath at least 5 times and have a relic, they might know what they are doing a minimum" then they are being outdps'd by the iLv230 DPS.

You see someone in BIS gear with iLv275 Alex Weapon you think "Oh they cleared Alex top floor they will know what they are doing!" <--- Happened to me with a WHM, we died 9 times in Baelsar Wall, no joke simply because she only wanted to DPS without casting Regen spells or paying enough attention to people health which could be seen as the other extrem of the argument.

All of that while greedy people sell clears, or "Clear for a friend" where the FC clear and gear stuff for the good buddy, the girl who send them boobs pics or what have you. Player achievments mean nothing because its something you can buy, and we expect way too much because most of the time we play with FC people or friends we know perform very well or to top standards, then we go to any Roulette or DF/PF and we expect the same from unknown people.

Its the same here, Tank doing a good tanking or Healer keeping parties alive is the minimum their job require and as such the minimum should be expected from them, its up to them to do more like its up to me to DPS as DRK because its my personal standards.

DF healers don't DPS, its annoying but I used Roulettes so I can't really do anything beside bitching about it here.
    PF? I can set my own expectation and say "Please Healer DPS only" then kick them if they don't.

Now before one of you accuse me of advocating it, I don't, I just don't care about what others does as long as its in DF where I have no control over it until it gets out of hands (like causing a wipe) but again it was Roulette so..