1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 43 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 16 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 15 hours, 43 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 18 hours, 16 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 41 of 380 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 ... LastLast
    Relic Horn
    BG Level

I love how many shitheads interpreted his post as him whining.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...group-decision

TLDR: He complains with his long post about tanks skipping pointless trash in TTD.

I have always skipped those useless rooms and just beeline for all the bosses. No complaints in about 5 roulettes. Fastest run so far is 18 min.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by fren. View Post
    I love how many shitheads interpreted his post as him whining.
    When did you drop out of school? Your reading comprehension's not very good.

His post says this is how it is now, that's how it will be, I won't be able to craft naked to save on repair costs, here's the deadline for you to mark so you can enjoy it while it lasts.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Rehn View Post
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...group-decision

TLDR: He complains with his long post about tanks skipping pointless trash in TTD.

I have always skipped those useless rooms and just beeline for all the bosses. No complaints in about 5 roulettes. Fastest run so far is 18 min.
    This is a strawman version of his argument. In reality, he seems to be saying that tanks shouldn't make the unilateral decision to skip mobs; instead, they should ask the PT. Asking the PT isn't uncommon and, since some members do dungeons for XP, skipping mobs isn't necessarily optimal even if they're synced.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Point taken. But as a tank who is expected to do all this stuff from the get-go, I frankly don't care enough anymore to ask every run if we want to skip trash or not. At most, they'll miss 4-5k exp (3 rooms? 2-3 mobs per room) assuming rested and armory bonus (700 per kill with all that).

That said, I'll happily comply if someone reaaaaaally wanted those side rooms that badly. However that has never been brought up in 5 roulette TTDs. Then again the OP could have been in my run and is now being passive aggressive in the forums instead haha.

I always pick the beeline path to the boss doors when I play tank. Never had anyone complain yet (plenty of commendations in fact), and if you don't bring it up in the party chat it's your own fault. I'll happily do the side rooms if you ask.

I don't know if this is the right thread for this, but I see this a lot and it bugs me. There are a LOT of tanks out there that have spent thousands of myth on everything but a +1 sword. I don't mean they have 1 or two myth pieces, I mean they are almost full i90 except for the sword.

Extreme farms have been the worse. I had a guarda group where the offtank was i84 and it took us so long to kill chirada we had 0 chance to damage garuda during the sister phase. We replaced him with my i72 pld(who hit 50 last week) and the same 4 dps were able to burn chirada often before tornados came out. I don't think I was better at hitting 4 buttons than the other guy was, I just think having an i90 weapon is that big of a deal. Am I wrong?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Considering you can beat it with someone dead the entire time (thus no dps) or everyone with NQ relics, something else was going on I imagine.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Depends which slots made the difference between that i84 guy and you. If it was mostly left side (STR) that he has over you, that kind of amounts to the same as a i90 sword vs i80 sword. It certainly wouldn't be the defining factor in meeting a DPS check.

I can certainly feel the difference between a i80 and i90 weapon tank (so-so PUG tanks at least) in Titan EX. With i80 ones I pull hate with Cure3 after the first jump. i90 I'll push orange but not red.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

NQ Relic and +1 for a tank is pretty much just the ease of holding hate. Although the overall parse might be around 10-15 points higher on Garuda adds, if the tank was holding hate properly and not playing ping-pong, it would be embarrassing if that was the reason why you fail EX.

Even when I do Garuda OT, although I go Sword Oath for the extra deeeeepsss, Chirada rarely survives 2 Halone combos and a SW/CoS.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I'm all for equal rights but is this really something to be complaining about?

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...heir-rl-gender

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Oh god lol. While the OP does have a point, some of those comments...

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Your heterosexual privilege is showing.
    I'm sure no one wants to do that, I just want to rip the masks off of people that mewl and scream about how I or anyone else shouldn't be upset at how they've arbitrarily kept people from completing content and show them what they really are; hateful, bigoted homophobes, not matter how loudly and how angrily they say they aren't. Because they are.
    This is getting kinda old lol, 13+ pages for this?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Let's be real, most of the time, even during matches, the two players controlling the two characters are the same gender anyways. It's also a stupid seasonal event, the overwhelmingly vast majority of people aren't romantically involved with the person they link up with. I'm not advocating it in any way, but to say the company is homophobic because of it is just, well, deserving of being put in some sort of Official Forum fail compilation thread.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Best part of the thread

Just suggest to SE that you'd like the next event to include it. They seem to be pretty good at listening.
    Edit: Since that thread was removed I'll just put this here instead

http://oi60.tinypic.com/280obr9.jpg

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire View Post
    When did you drop out of school? Your reading comprehension's not very good.

His post says this is how it is now, that's how it will be, I won't be able to craft naked to save on repair costs, here's the deadline for you to mark so you can enjoy it while it lasts.
    The fuck? He basically explained the benefits of what QS were and said it's no longer gonna be a thing and then you went off on your retarded little rant:

This is amazing. Somehow you just can't please everyone. Fix a system in exactly the way players have been asking for and someone will come up with a way it hurts them. Quick synthesis naked to save on repair costs?? You say you're not complaining, but your post consists of: how it is now, what they're changing, and how you'll lose out afterwards. Even a deadline to take advantage of the good times while they last! :rollseyes:

And they're spectacular!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitzy Mystfire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Titan

This......I don't even........

Quote Originally Posted by Camate(Community Rep)
    We've received a lot of requests to make it possible to pass after you've already lotted on an item, but due to the current system as well as prospects for the future we do not have any plans to implement this at the moment.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

/sigh, ps3 limitation!

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ah SE, failing to implement a system thats been in a 12 year old game you created since launch.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Whenever you lot on something, a guy writes it down on a piece of paper. IN PEN

You can't erase pen!!

Closed Thread
Page 41 of 380 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 ... LastLast