1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 51 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 8 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 17 hours, 51 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 16 hours, 8 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 50 of 380 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 100 ... LastLast
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Not necessarily a fail but funny. 90k might be caused due to the sun

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...%28Mediacom%29.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

May I present the best PLD IN THE WORLD

On relic run for SCH, in AK now.

This is the same tank I just got out of Chimera with from DF, started the fight saying "don't anyone dare silence or stun, I will lock this down", naturally no less than 6 voices went off.

SITREP: Have 2 decent BLMs in AK. Jesus christ it's fucking AK and I'm bothering to post. Flash has never been cast once, and BLMs are tanking every single pull. Therefore I can't Bane and therefore we're going slower than we should be.

Why would I flash when with 2 BLM we should be sleeping the extras?

I mean I have two coil tanks, but whatever that card isn't even worth playing right? Does anyone bother pointing out their other jobs?

That last pull before the final room, where there's the succubus and the 3-pack. He spent a minute nudging and nudging up to get the Suc by itself. Ok no need but whatever that's fine. Runs in, shield lobs, and aggros everything.

Understatement of the year:

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

shouldn't that be in random fail?

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    shouldn't that be in random fail?

How many damn fail threads we need. Don't fail my fail bro

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    Nah you've been doing really good deeps past months. I say decent cuz like my WAR will outparse heady or joe's BLM np lol.
    fear my i76 blm

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

NO PARTY KICKS

Do you know how yucky that makes you feel to know everyone anonymously agreed they didn't want you around??? I was patting her on the back while she was in the bathroom dry vomiting and in tears after a party kick. I told her this mmo was safe and she wouldn't get bullied here. I thought there was nice people in Final Fantasy.
    Some of the replies to this are priceless.

lol Wife shouldn't have been playing in an MMO Zone.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I unfortunately went and read the thread. It's his "best friend". Not wife, not girlfriend. I can only imagine that living situation is a hilarious friend zone circus.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I was patting her on the back while she was in the bathroom dry vomiting and in tears after a party kick
    Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

What's with society these days and the lack of being able to take any sort of criticism.

I'm pretty confident unless I'm truely being a real prick I'll never be booted. Plus half of the people probably don't read what's on the screen and click yes to it, but at times it must be truely bad if it warranted a kick.

I made fun of a DRG for missing Final Heaven the other day ... told him to get more acc (ifrit jumped before it landed) -- he went "..." and when we wiped he instantly left. Though my typing style and emoticons clearly indicate that I was saying it for a laugh, he took it seriously.

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Had a RL friend of mine take a break last week too cuz she was drunk doin AK and got knocked off the wall and some dude called her a "fuckin retard". Shit was hilarious to me, but I acted like I was sad for her.

I'm not one to really shit talk in the game that much unless you're being at outright douche to someone I'm friends with or to me, I generally offer to help people who are suckin in dungeons, not kick them. Exceptions have been made, though

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post1936471

If you have 3 dead members in Titan, your LB will do so little damage, you might as well not use it and eat a landslide/weight out of carelessness.

Attack LB is the combine raw stats of all members of the PT. with 3 dps dead, you LB is basically crappier then regular skills.
    Uhh...?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

On a side I think everyone can agree that "EXP ONLY: 2 fail = kick" parties sucks, the person who ever came up with that idea 1st really deserve a punch or 2 in the face.

While the reason behind is understandable (yes RNG lot sucks, Yes having to redo the shit 20 times for one item sucks as much,) these people only see their own interest and not the "ingame life quality."

Parties like that will have such a negative impact on the game overtime because any new player hitting Lv50 on his 1st job will be faced to it and might get a very bad point of view of the end game/challenging part. If you were a new player in a MMO and find yourself confronted to it everyday, you'd give up after a little while.

Ofc ppl will come up with (make the training party yourself, find a static its not hard to do, it take time but blah blah blah.) I alway find it hilarous when said people say that, because themselve they want it the easy & fast way. But its another debate.

That kind of post may seems ridiculous, but they still have some sense.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Eh, it's their party, their rules. I usually start extreme parties and require proof of having an extreme weapon; except that I'm a softy and occasionally let a person or two without an ex wep come along. Ya know what that gets me? 6-7 very experienced players sitting around failing 20 times because of the other 1 or 2 guys, which makes me feel like crap for the experienced guys. Learning parties are learning parties, experience parties are experienced parties; pay your dues like everyone else and learn the fights on your own time (without holding experienced people back). I'm sure the need for such parties depends on the average skill of players on your server. On mine that doesn't appear to be very high, unfortunately.

I got Titan to 5% first try ever, cleared the next attempt. Cleared Ifrit the second we found non-murderous healers. Shit ain't rocket surgery.

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Nah the best are the those "Greed PT. XXXXXX ITEM RESERVED DON'T EVEN TRY"

I like telling people it's my first time, on my iLvl90 job. I'm also that guy that chooses Not Ready on Ready Checks and start running around.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

It's a free idiot check. Jump into any HM with a zenith drawn and ask what to do because you've never been there. Bonus points for stepping in front of the crowd as a tank and doing it.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

2 Fails = Kick parties are nice in concept but in reality are the equivalent to most political systems. Great in theory, horrible in practice.

Generally speaking they tend to foster isolation and a stagnant player / skill base. Unfortunately, the extreme opposite, which is "learning parties" are horrible as well since while it may very slowly raise the status quo, influx of new players / elements tend to ruin. I'd argue that learning parties are best in FC groups solely because of the ability to isolate the group that's being taught. Without additional players being infused between runs, the overall average of the group will continue to rise and skill won't be lost between runs which tend to happen in PF/DF groups during rage quits.

Specifically for Titan, which tbh is 90% of where the whole 2 fails = kick system stems from, yeaaaah... personally I think SE dropped the ball on this one. I mean, I can beat it fine, I merc it from time to time, but one shot with no means of revival mechanics have always been pretty stupid. I can get Ultima which is a singular event, but landslide is a bit overboard for the general 2014 pug population. >___> I would actually bet that if Titan didn't have landslide, the pug groups would consist of probably 3-4 healers and just slowly chip down Titan while constantly ressing bads.

Turtle Apprentice
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kame Aoren
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Waraji View Post
    I'm also that guy that chooses Not Ready on Ready Checks and start running around.
    Damn how I love to do this on CT runs, good to know I am not the only one that does it.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

The OF-style "maybe" button for ready checks is fuckin rich btw. Who suggested that crap? Totally defeats the purpose.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by Lyall View Post
    It's a free idiot check. Jump into any HM with a zenith drawn and ask what to do because you've never been there. Bonus points for stepping in front of the crowd as a tank and doing it.
    Except knowing the people in this game, they'll bomb you with reports of "bought account", and when confronted by a GM they'll say "Well here in the chatlog you said you've never been here before, yet you have a zenith weapon. This conforms the reports".