1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 17 hours, 15 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 6 hours, 44 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 10 hours, 15 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 23 hours, 44 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 380 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dejet View Post
    Most people rage over that. Every odin I have been in has had someone saying this. I have no clue if its true or not, but AoE's are like the only way to hit the guy when you can not see him.
    It was mostly due to the one I was at last night. Holy shit I never saw such a case of butthurt in my life.

I'll agree the mechanic is ass, but not worth getting your panties in a knot over.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    I thought your attacks don't even hit if you can't see the target?
    Not a clue as I can normally see everything, even Odin I see most of the time. He will go mia once every min or so.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by dejet View Post
    Not a clue as I can normally see everything, even Odin I see most of the time. He will go mia once every min or so.
    I was told it doesn't. Which makes people spamming AOEs in those fates even more frustrating.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Wow just wow... Kitru's retardation will never fail to amaze me..

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...nk-class/page3

DRK tank anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitru
    RDM was a melee fighter, but it was never a frontline fighter because it lacked the survivability.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitru
    There aren't many "historical" Dark Knights, but those that have in the FF games been very tanky, essentially PLD themed around unholy rather than holy. It wasn't really a Warrior/Black Mage so much as a Warrior/anti-White Mage. The first was Cecil, pre-paladin, in FFIV. After that, you got Gafgarion from Tactics, who was definitely tanky, what with using the same gear loadout as a Knight and having a weapon based drain attack that he could use at-will so that he was almost impossible to kill. The only other major manifestation was in FFX-2, wherein they were, once again, a really durable class (i.e. high defense and craploads of hp) with the ability to toss out a bit more damage by sacrificing some hp.

Dark Knight never had Black Magic (baseline, you could add it as part of the baseline system though, with the stats it had, the damage would suck). The only connection between the two is in the name (Dark and Black). It was always an exceptionally durable (which it needed to be to be able to sacrifice hp to deal damage) and used the same gear loadout as the Knight/Warrior/Fighter (i.e. tank). High hp and defense have always been part of the mechanical makeup.

The only place where I've ever seen Dark Knight be interpreted as DPS was in FFXI (which also happens to be the only place where it got tied to using Black Magic). Everywhere else it was just one of the various tank-y types.
    Geez

This amnie guy has to be a troll, no way someone can be this openly stupid.
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/s...rchid=14419334
    Highlights:
    In response to "The majority of players are level 50"
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post1571034
    my character number is 6612. I had 37 hours played for this game last week. I have one lvl 50. botanist. you don't decide whether or not I play the game 'enough' or 'incorrectly' or whatever. you are not speaking for the majority, and neither do I.
    as I said, I had 36 hours of playtime last week. bite me.

again:
    I KNOW how to level fast. I just don't.

repeating that I'm 'wrong' a bazillion times doesn't make it so.
    I haven't played my highest combat class (my arc/brd) in 3 weeks. I am not listing all the other things one can do in this game again, since 'you guys' refuse to listen anyway.
    all you think is that i'm saying you have to do these things. that is not what I'm doing. I'm just starting to get really annoyed by people thinking they are the majority. SE has the numbers. they KNOW who the majority are.
    you know, I played 1.0 up until about march/april 2012 (don't remember when I stopped exactly but my sub ran out in april) and what was my highest level at the end?

how the hell does that say anything about the majority?

while I too think that 30 is probably stacking a little low, claiming the majority is 50 is just ignorant, nothing else.
    I guess I 'don't play the game', then. my xfire profile is lying when it says I played 38 hours last week. fcking xfire. where are they getting their numbers from?
    in reply to "European servers should be in europe"
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post1566836
    and how exactly is that going to fix anything? did you even read the OP? the DISTANCE is not what is causing the latency. your connection will STILL be 'bad' even if the server is in your country. if the problem was the lines underneath the atlantic ocean then that would mean the following:

a) people from NA would not have any issues
    b) everyone from EU would have the issues

neither is the case.
    atency can have different issues. distance is one of them, yes. however, the ping to Montreal for me are better than they are to the european (!) servers for SW:TOR for example. I play on a US server (ping ~180 to 200 usually), and I never ever have any issues with dodging (and timewise it's often a lot shorter in that game). I play tsw on a server located in NA, too. lots of aoe to dodge, no problems except 'derp'.
    I play PS2 relatively competative on a US server. I know my legitimate server distance lag.

ARR?
    not a chance. a ping of 120-140 does NOT cause this latency. people with a ping of 20 (!!!) have the same issues that I have.

european servers would not 'vastly' improve the issues, but be a waste of money SE should spend on actually changing the system. they need any penny/cent for it.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by FHT View Post
    Wow just wow... Kitru's retardation will never fail to amaze me..
    I love when these guys try to use single player FFs to make their case.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Hey, I'm guilty of that within the context of "Dragoons didn't suck in main-line FFs, so why the fuck did you make them ass in XI" thinking.

I take no credit for this new crop of fools, however.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Fojoop View Post
    This amnie guy has to be a troll, no way someone can be this openly stupid.
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/s...rchid=14413711
    seems like this one got nuked :3

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    I love when these guys try to use single player FFs to make their case.
    He's such a case, I don't know how he do it but he bypass the 1k word restriction and profit of it to alway write huge walls of stupidities to back-up his arguments. Never saw such an idiot..

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Hey, I'm guilty of that within the context of "Dragoons didn't suck in main-line FFs, so why the fuck did you make them ass in XI" thinking.

I take no credit for this new crop of fools, however.

I'd have to disagree with you on that. Mostly since I found Jump to be more of a liability than a benefit for them.

seems like this one got nuked :3

He's such a case, I don't know how he do it but he bypass the 1k word restriction and profit of it to alway write huge walls of stupidities to back-up his arguments. Never saw such an idiot..
    Weird, http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/s...rchid=14419334

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

I don't know how he do it but he bypass the 1k word restriction
    can't you just make a post then edit it later to bypass the restriction?

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    I'd have to disagree with you on that. Mostly since I found Jump to be more of a liability than a benefit for them.
    Depends on the content. Soloing certain bosses in numbered games through jump mechanics is no liability, whether it be in 4, 5, 6, 9 or Tactics.

BG Level

True, but half the time my luck is when they're readying Jump they get hit hard, I can't cure, they come back down, then get hit and killed before I can heal them. So most of the time I keep them on the ground, in which case I feel like I'm better off with a Knight or something else.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Best jump was freya in ff9.

On topic: that guy tupsi needs a slap in the face. Comes in basically ever lag thread to say, "it's not SE's fault guys!!!" And can't grasp that no one even gives a fuck whose fault it is, but we know SE can fix/compensate for it.

BG Level

Another person defendign Yoshida's "zoom out for Titan" crap:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post1575491

He's not lying. I'm playing with 200+ ping, and don't have a problem with Titan. I almost always survive til the end.
    Raiding for years doesn't automatically make you a good player.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by KItru
    The question then lies in how "tanky" does something have to be in a game that doesn't actually have any tanks in order to qualify as a tank in a game that does? It's part of the problem with trying to assign roles to classes that existed in games that didn't have roles.

As I see it, the differentiation can't be determined based upon offensive capability, mainly because *every* character in an FF game is general designed around being able to dole out damage as effectively as possible, with the possible exception of your healer. In the pre-MMO FF games, there isn't a "tank" role: there's DPS and healers. Even Cecil, the fundamental example of an FF Paladin was able to hold his own in the beating down of foes. Using the offensive capability of a character from those games to define their functionality in a game that actually *has* defined roles. It's for *this* reason that I see Dark Knight as being a tank: it was always "tanky". It always had high defenses. The method in which it dealt damage differed from others (essentially, stabbing things and bringing its own unique brand of magic), but it was still, fundamentally, one of the more durable classes to have around.
    So.. you can't label a job as a damage dealer because all the classes in the single player games had some "offensive capabilities", including Paladin, but can turn around and say that Dark Knight is a tank because it is "tanky" in those same single player games. Also, they have "their own brand of magic" not Black Magic. Come on guys.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    So.. you can't label a job as a damage dealer because all the classes in the single player games had some "offensive capabilities", including Paladin, but can turn around and say that Dark Knight is a tank because it is "tanky" in those same single player games. Also, they have "their own brand of magic" not Black Magic. Come on guys.
    You know that smartass pulled a comment on how DRK could be a good tank with Darkness, using HP to deal damage & keep hate.. I will try to find his post.

BG Level

Why are these guys even talking about DRK tank? Gladiator already has a tank job FFS. (Assuming Yoshida didn't change his mind about DRK coming from GLA)

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I don't know why he referenced FFT anyway considering there really wasn't a designated "Tank" class in that game. Gaf wasn't tanky he was just OP as fuck specifically because of one move (same as Thunder God Cid too). I like how he failed to reference the actual Dark Knight job they added in the PSP remake which, as you can guess, sacrificed defense for better damage.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

No but the whole thread is a joke.. Also lolYoshida for giving DRK a sub GLA... we can assume that DRK would have acces to Flash & such? what would be the point really? I really think the job would need a new class to perform effectively..

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 380 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast