1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 20 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 39 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 15 hours, 20 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 18 hours, 39 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 7 of 380 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast
    Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    yay suspemded on the OF

Great news!
    What'd you do? They e-mail you what you did, post it!

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fojoop View Post
    What'd you do? They e-mail you what you did, post it!

Post i made on the 18th

Someone just went full retard

So I guess that means you'll take a healer for Twintania that dpses in AK but can't heal progression for crap versus a healer that doesn't DPS in AK and is really good at doing their job where it counts.

Before you scream false dilemma on that, what you're essentially arguing is mastery vs. performance, and I can turn it around on you and say if the dungeon is completed, who cares whether the healer was DPSing or not. It's about mastery, not performing objectives right? Therefore the good healer is the one that shows mastery over non-trivial content. And to pre-empt your final argument, no it's not the one that shows mastery over difficult progression and dpses in AK, hard content skill disparity doesn't work that way. The guy who is in the 0.01% of healers on progression is your good healer whether or not he dpses AK. But you can totally take the guy that's in the top 10% of healers that you KNOW dpses AK, since they're both masters at raid healing, this guy is better right?

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

And it begins:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...42#post1579242

I noticed a lot of Warriors / Marauders on here stating "OMG love the changes, thank you sooo much!"

This would lead me to believe said individuals don't know how to play their class that effectively, been party and witness to Warriors tanking all content very effectively, admittedly they needed a retouch on some aspects but what SE have done has definitely made the job now a job that even a mentally retracted slowpoke can play. The attraction the job had was that it required a lot of knowledge and know how, to be able to warrant calling yourself a good player, it'll now just be an easy mode class to play for those whom are less fortunate in the IQ area.

Some of the changes definitely seem excessive but ack well, SE going balls out again to completely derail this game.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

rofl, yeah 'cause holding onto wrath stacks was soooo hard

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Gotta love the butthurt people who thought Warriors were balanced. They needed this update and I'm happy for them.

BG Level

WAR is going to be OP. RIP PLDs:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...t-ruin-the-War

Yeah i know that there's an identic thread but this thing must have more visibility. I'm really pissed of because of the recents updates. The War is going to be terribly overpowered, TERRIBLY. It's quite good as it is now, there's A LOT of people that have little/none problems with the war, tanking Titan, Caduceus, Twintania and other Coil bosses, but there's a lot of people who have problems too. Idiots that use the job for 1-2 days, thinks that it's like the PLD, see that there's something wrong, blaming the job instead of themselves and saying "oh this job is so weak, the pld is much better, square fix it pls". Here are the results, a war that is IDENTIC to the pld, but has more HP, auto heal and much more damage. And there are still people that say that it isnt' OP, it's ridiculous, serioulsy ridiculous. SE, please, PLEASE, don't ruin the war, don't make it a goddamn invincible terminator with the pld's mitigation and dd's dps. Thanks for reading and sorry for bad english

Bitchfist
    The horn knows no mercy; only wrath

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

IDENTIC

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

The entire 2nd page: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...d-You%29/page2

Technically speaking, the tank shouldn't be able to hold threat for that long to die there. Usually your DPS will be aoe-ing hard enough to split the threat, and balance out the damage. (though you do have to get stress on healing both sides is a different issue).

Blms should also be putting in a sleep-ga before initial AoE rotation, to steady the group enough time for you to top off the tank, and/or Stoneskin.

It's team work, and without it, stop shaving a few seconds, and just keeping keeping a longer run.
    I don't know of any pld that can outthreat a blm's flare rotation. They will take threat very soon no matter what you do. By that time, it shouldn't matter if the healer is in sync, because the blm will be getting Stoneskin, and have his own walls.

If you've been having blms that can't take threat from you, they are doing you a favor. Those flares are more or less impossible to pull back from, once they get into it.
    I gotta tell my blms to stop holding back and to more.

I didn't realise WAR DPS was so good. I guess real DPS jobs aren't needed and everyone should go WAR.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    I didn't realise WAR DPS was so good. I guess real DPS jobs aren't needed and everyone should go WAR.

BUT THEN WE CAN'T QUEUE FOR DUTY FINDER, YO!

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...pecting/page33

Just saw this post when quoting Yoshi-P talking about Holmgang

Will this replace Tomahawk? Or is it a new skill?
    How does this "When using this skill, a player's HP cannot be reduced lower than 1." work? You use it on an enemy and you gain the buff?
    Is Holmgang a new skill!?

Are they complaining yet about having to be level 45 for the lightning quest lol?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blowfin Jr
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by lilbubbles View Post
    Are they complaining yet about having to be level 45 for the lightning quest lol?
    Yes it's been mentioned. The actual level requirement is meh, people should get over themselves, it's going to be run again soon. The problem I've found is actually using the EXP rewards on jobs. Found myself having to switch to BTN for the 3rd quest to actually use the EXP on a job where it would count. For the lvl 45 quest the EXP will just vanish into thin air, as I don't have anything between 45-50 at the moment. I'd imagine a bunch of people are in the same boat.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

cover and absolutely worthless
    BRB, killing my coil BLM for being bad and needing cover.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post1580053
    You are nowhere NEAR done with this game. You leveled 1 Job class to 50. Didn't you hear? Each class has it's own back story, which is a storyline all on its own! Perhaps if the above picture showed you at all 50's then yes, i'd say you are done, go take a break, go read a book, and wait until 2.1 and 2.2 but you are far from done! Sure you have a WHM all decked out. That's one character. That's one job storyline you have completed. No content...jeez kids these days.
    It's content you haven't done, because each job/class plays differently. There are also stories for each class that you have not seen yet, not to mention crafting and gathering. So, just because you don't want to do it, doesn't mean it's non-existent.
    There is a massive difference between "Having no content" and "I have the content but I dont feel like doing any of it". This is the case of the second one.

Like I said, if he was all level 50, I would kneel before his statement and not have posted here at all. But he's not. No content means you finished everything there is to do in the game, which he has not. The content is there. Just because he doesn't seem to want to do any of the additional content was a choice made by him. It's not your fault, its not SE's fault, it's not my fault, its his for not wanting to do the other content that this game provides. The content is there, simply choosing to not do it doesn't mean there's no content :/
    Fate grinding is now content. Sitting in town 1 button macro crafting and mindlessly botting or running from node to node to gather shit is now content as well.

The worst part is this post got 43 likes, seriously? Is this what the majority of players on the OF think?

Just finish Coil turn 1. And my guildhest only opened till lv 30. Havent join all FATE

Poor OP
    You aren't finished with this game until you've done every single fate.

I'm not one of those debbie downers who hates on everything ffxiv related, I actually love it and think this is one of the better games ever made, but fuck fates seriously.

They are really cool for your first job, or two... but after 6 no way no how not doing them anymore. At least with grinding in exp parties I could watch tv, even getting all my crafts to 50 was ok for the same reason. Fates provide just enough challenge (running my ass off getting to them in time for the exp) to not zone out doing it but not enough challenge to make it any fun at all. I could stand them if they had a mechanic that made them last at least 5 min.

I'll just wait for my exp buff from sanctuary to accumulate and do dungeons for the exp or wait until 2018 when 2.1 comes out and have an alternate means of leveling.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ada Rusheart
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The worst part is this post got 43 likes, seriously? Is this what the majority of players on the OF think?
    You'll never know, because there's no downboat button. Can't have people's feelings getting bruised.

:3
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Skywall

I dunno, I would have agreed, until I decided to try and solo the Alchemist boss in the mines on BLM.

Boy did I learn a fun lesson about BLM and those types of bosses.

I'm actually inclined to say you may just not have experienced all there is to be without doing some of those odd-ball fates.

Others, however, are a joke and make you sob tears of why is this a lvl 48 fate.

BG Level

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post1580053
    Fate grinding is now content. Sitting in town 1 button macro crafting and mindlessly botting or running from node to node to gather shit is now content as well.
    I had someone feed me that BS last night when I said I was getting bored of having nothing to do.

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 380 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast