1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 30 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 29 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 17 hours, 30 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 16 hours, 29 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 8 of 380 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast
    Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...92#post1582892

I'm Gandora on the OF. Am I being retarded with my statement? because if its the case i'll gladly go headbut the 1st wall I come across to..

Main problem with people talking or thinking about new jobs is the narrow viewpoint they have of what the job can do. DRK can only use a greatsword and abilities from FF4 and 11! Also, I don't know anyone who actually cares about the point distribution between SCH and SMN. Pick the one you like the most and go all out, go 50/50, do whatever the fuck you want as long as you know how to play the job.

If you want to respec every time you switch jobs, good for you, but you don't have to. I'm sure if you like both jobs from the same class you'll have some choices to make, easy choices, but choices all the same. No SE, I don't want to make a choice or a lasting decision with consequencesssss.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Your issue was arguing with people on the OF.

Regardless, it's mostly speculation until it comes out if it comes out.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Main problem with people talking or thinking about new jobs is the narrow viewpoint they have of what the job can do. DRK can only use a greatsword and abilities from FF4 and 11! Also, I don't know anyone who actually cares about the point distribution between SCH and SMN. Pick the one you like the most and go all out, go 50/50, do whatever the fuck you want as long as you know how to play the job.

If you want to respec every time you switch jobs, good for you, but you don't have to. I'm sure if you like both jobs from the same class you'll have some choices to make, easy choices, but choices all the same. No SE, I don't want to make a choice or a lasting decision with consequencesssss.
    The point distribution betwin SCH & SMN is a problem for ppl who like both jobs equaly, I believe there is a good amount of ppl like that. There are 2 in my FC at least.

Quote Originally Posted by FHT View Post
    The point distribution betwin SCH & SMN is a problem for ppl who like both jobs equaly, I believe there is a good amount of ppl like that. There are 2 in my FC at least.
    It isn't a problem for people who like both jobs equally, it's a problem for people who think they need +30 stats in a certain category to be effective. And that +30 in another area, or +15/15 is absolutely out of the question. If you want to be the absolute very best at both jobs, put in the work for stat resets. Or you could just be smart about it.

Yeah, it would be ideal if you apply points based on jobs but god forbid if you have to make a soft, easily reversible decision about it.

Point allocation is in the same boat as cross-class skills, in that they're only there to give the illusion of customization, in practice they're just "choices" with 1 right answer (in situations where the answer isn't clear it's because the skills you can choose from are too low on usefulness to really matter anyway).

Unlike cross-class skills, point allocation has a detrimental effect on playing multiple jobs from the same class. It doesn't allow for any meaningful customization but simply forces you to choose between favoring one job over the other or dulling both of them equally.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Every WAR I encounter with anything other then full VIT is given a hell in PTs (not from me) but from other players. So while some players say that its irrelevant, some others wont hesitate to jump at your throat if you don't fully specialize. Is it me or both thing contradict each other? >.<;

I also saw some SCHs being teared down like trash because of weak heals. making me think, wtf? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    It isn't a problem for people who like both jobs equally, it's a problem for people who think they need +30 stats in a certain category to be effective. And that +30 in another area, or +15/15 is absolutely out of the question. If you want to be the absolute very best at both jobs, put in the work for stat resets. Or you could just be smart about it.

Yeah, it would be ideal if you apply points based on jobs but god forbid if you have to make a soft, easily reversible decision about it.
    15 MND is less than a 4% healing increase, agreed. As long as you're putting a decent amount of points into your main stat, you can't go wrong.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Thank god I'm not a big fan of Smn 30 mnd ftw hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Fojoop View Post
    15 MND is less than a 4% healing increase, agreed.
    It's roughly the same as the 3 DMG increase from relic to relic+1 (yes, +1ing a relic increases other stuff as well, but that's not the point).

Once you start trivializing that, everything becomes trivial. Difference between any given piece of DL and ilvl 90 gear? Trivial! Go turn 5 in full DL.

That's obviously an exaggeration, but for people who like to play their jobs as efficiently as they can it's an irritating system that offers little real value to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    It's roughly the same as the 3 DMG increase from relic to relic+1 (yes, +1ing a relic increases other stuff as well, but that's not the point).

Once you start trivializing that, everything becomes trivial. Difference between any given piece of DL and ilvl 90 gear? Trivial! Go turn 5 in full DL.

That's obviously an exaggeration, but for people who like to play their jobs as efficiently as they can it's an irritating system that offers little real value to the game.
    There's a point where it becomes more about maximization than actually being effective. Is +15/30 stats better than 0? Obviously. Is it worth getting your panties in a twist? Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post

I agree fully with this, the 30 stat points you get don't offer any customization outside of "Put all your points into your main stat" - it's just another half-assed system leftover from 1.0 that might as well not exist in it's current state.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Yeah, they could easily work that into the base attributes.

There's literally no reason to ever do anything OTHER than put 30 into your main attribute, except for maybe in early levels if you want a little extra HP (but you switch all these over as soon as you hit 50).

If there were jobs that utilized more than one main stat, we could make some sense of speccing.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Even with partial i90, you're probably be lucky to hit sub 30 in ak. Even with the sac pulls on bridges and the end (it really doesn't save that much time because you gotta rebuff- steady-rebuff-weakness aware)
    this just in, relic with partial i90s can't do <30 minute AK runs!

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Lol at waiting for weakness

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

There's a misconception about how high WAR DPS is, the truth is, WAR DPS with defiance on is garbage compared to PLD with shield oath. The only time WAR DPS is high is when they don't use defiance, the attack reduction defiance put on is really crippling.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ada Rusheart
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I thought it was the other way around, due to Sword Oath and IB being a decent deeps booster?

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Yeah dunno what you're talking about. WAR in defiance > PLD in shield oath. PLD in sword oath = WAR with no defiance. The gap is even more prominent in single tank situations since PLD benefits from Storm's Eye. The issue is WAR loses all it's tools without defiance, whilst PLD can still SW and CoS.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...-Crystal-Tower...

Someone is already defending the CT shit, great.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 380 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast