1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 16 hours, 57 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 7 hours, 2 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 9 hours, 57 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 0 hours, 2 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 375 of 380 FirstFirst ... 325 365 373 374 375 376 377 ... LastLast
    A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

If I had a dollar for every "XIV SMN isn't a real SMN" thread...

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orinthia Warsong
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

All it really needs is to just involve the egi/primal more. Could move contagion to the smn instead of garuda egi, or otherwise add/replace abilities on ifrit/titan to have actual synergy with smn abilities in a way that contagion currently does. Overhauls will never happen, but small shit just might.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

"i can double weave with greased lightning 3"

Someone should tell him that isn't a thing. Unless you want a ton of clipping.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...nd_stormblood/

Just found out they moved all the NA servers to be exclusively west coast. I don't want to pay hundreds of dollars a year for a company that when having the option to move all servers, wouldn't pick a centralized US location and would ostracize half the continent. Some will argue that it doesn't matter much, but when you're competitive with your gaming, the difference between 20-30 ping and 100 is huge.
    What's the procedure for getting a refund, I called the Sq Enix support number and they told me another company handles billing and they can't help me.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

The fact he bought the game 7 days ago, blew me the fuck away. Lol

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Haalia Melchiott
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I came straight here after reading that thread to see if someone had picked up on it. BG doesn't disappoint.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...yerbase_for_a/

Quote Originally Posted by GetchaCrowds
    I've been thinking about this for a very long time now, longer than I probably should have, on how I should articulate this question or how to get my view of things across to everyone. You're free to correct my assumptions here and such but it's honestly been wrecking my brain for a long time now and it's all accumulated with this server move and everyone's reactions.

I'm an EU player playing on an NA server because all of my friends live within the NA so I like to play with them. For a long time I've obviously been playing with pings within the 100s, not accounting for spikes in ping potentially, and I've found my gaming experience to be absolutely fine. I will grant that perhaps the millisecond of delay pretty attacks or dodging AoEs can fuck me up but I've adapted and adjusted just fine. I love this game a lot, it's the only MMO I have EVER gotten to end game content with consistently but here's where the playerbase comes into it.

Now, whenever I do end-game raids i find that we clear things just fine or we'll do the classic wipe (whoops) because of human error or something unexpected happened. All sorts of things. And as I swim my way through the numerous amounts of players I've found the overwhelming amounts people who ask for the tip-top ultimate amounts of skill or that something be done precisely as such and it honestly gives me anxiety to even try and ask. Hell, I haven't even been able to clear Alexander Savage fully due to the sheer lack of anyone willing to help someone who hasn't cleared it yet.

The playerbase seems hostile to anyone who doesn't offer them complete and utter optimized play. Now, I can understand that to an extent and my reason for that is because when it isn't optimized the content still gets cleared a majority of the time. This leaves me questioning a lot of my thoughts on everything that goes on in end-game raiding. The most important thing is that when farming raids and extreme trials is that these things get cleared imo and I see so many people screeching about how the game is now utterly unplayable because their pings jumped from 20 to 40 straight to 100 or so. Much sadness was had.

Except I've played with that my entire time playing and I've done absolutely fine. I'm even caught up with many of these types of players in terms of skill and ilevels (that I've been allowed to do due to lack of help). Heck, the fear mongering got so bad about the ping that even I was scared to see how bad it was. Guess what? No change, or better yet so very little change that it didn't even matter. Merely another tiny adaption to be made. Between 100 and 180 ping the change I found was so miniscule that I laughed at myself for being so idiotic to get swept up in the fear.

It seems everyone is able to clear the same things just fine. So, in the end of this enormous rant I ask you this; Is the playerbase truly so hostile towards non-optimal/casual players because it might add a few more seconds to their clear times?

I apologize for the somewhat messy construction of this as I've honestly been struggling to articulate this entire thought process and I thank you for even taking the time to try and decipher my mad ramblings. I'm not saying we should always deal with the hand we are dealt but sometimes I find the reactions of the playerbase are so overwhelmingly toxic it leaves my head spinning.

tl;dr is the playerbase so easily upset at their clear times taking a few seconds longer to clear cuz they can't max out dps sometimes?
    My guess is they don't play optimally, let alone understand how doubling one's ping can really fuck your ability to double-weave (because I sure as fuck am not with my 147 ms average ping to the new servers).

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Haalia Melchiott
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

The many deaths of FFXIV: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...al-Fantasy-XIV

Not a fail, this one is actually on point

*snip*
    4. Adding Echo to EX Primals: every person enjoys challenging themselves just a little bit more. While some players struggled with Titan Hard, others made a plea to SE: "Please give us even harder versions of these fights!" SE listened, and added a new level of challenge: Extreme. This battles were plenty difficult, some players even stating that Ifrit EX was impossible because they needed to clear Titan EX first. As newer challenges came later, SE decided it was time to allow everyone to catch up with the additions of Moggle Mog XII EX and Leviathan EX, and gave Echo to the struggling groups. The players became infuriated. "It's supposed to be hard! Leave it as it is! We don't need no n00bs stankin' up our endgame!" Many players quit the game at this point, causing SE to take the servers offline as it was no longer profitable.

5. Adding The Binding Coil of Bahamut to Duty Finder and giving it Echo: Hardcore endgame raiders were up in arms over this. "How dare the plebians be able to access our content? They do not deserve even T3! Now anyone can roll through it like a level 90 WoW players runs through Molten Core! Twintania will be as difficult as the first mob you kill in the game!" Many players quit the game at this point, causing SE to take the servers offline because the game was no longer profitable.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Yeah! How dare those casual scum do dated content and contaminate the playerbase!

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Haalia Melchiott
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I was totally one of those people whining about "casuals" getting access to content. Now I've come back to the game and I'm completely casual, I just want to queue up and see the fights once before moving onto Stormblood.
    I'm always sure to say "hi i'm new" too and see if I get any dickhead replies

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

The only reason I personally hate it is because they're causing the content to be designed for the LCD....

And that's still too hard for them so the bar goes lower..and lower..and lower to the point of what isn't considered "too hard for the general playerbase" at this point? I mean after all this time people STILL wipe to Diabolos Ex and he has the easiest..most dodgable mechanics in that raid next to deathgaze.

I do like seeing how off the rails some people get when a new person is in an ex primal or something.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I mean they have to. The LCD means a greater playerbase which means more subscribers which means more generated income through subscriptions and the mog station. Not to mention since FFXIV is entirely story driven (As in thou shalt beat heavensward to continue to stormblood) all content has to be beatable to someone spamming 123(4).

FFXIV is still gonna be a monetary success with stormblood but we're going to run into the same issue with players getting bored we ran into in 3.0. We're gonna have two extreme primals (Hopefully one primal's rewards aren't dead on arrival like Bismark's) and one raid. Good thing Destiny 2 is gonna come out for PC.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

HW's biggest problem was the significant amount of time between patches, which has (iirc) been acknowledged as a mistake by the devs. There were so many people quitting due to shitty patches and the length between them (including me).
    If that trend does not continue in SB and they roll out timely patches after launch, the boredom factor should be lessened significantly.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

One can hope for something which will give us sand box content rather than theme park content... ?

Take the Timeless isle for example in WoW. Just need a way to make it big enough so it's not packed.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    HW's biggest problem was the significant amount of time between patches, which has (iirc) been acknowledged as a mistake by the devs. There were so many people quitting due to shitty patches and the length between them (including me).
    If that trend does not continue in SB and they roll out timely patches after launch, the boredom factor should be lessened significantly.
    The only time I saw that as a (serious) problem was with the gap between 3.0 and 3.1. Granted 3.1 only really brought Diadem v1, Void Ark, Relic, And Thordan Ex as long term investments for three and a half months.

@Stig: I really don't see any hope of sand box content in FFXIV since our only interactions with the world are select target and kill and we've all seen how much of a joke hunts and FATEs are.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Nyanoko View Post
    The many deaths of FFXIV: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...al-Fantasy-XIV

Not a fail, this one is actually on point
    Companion thread:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...l_fantasy_xiv/

TL;DR: leddit and the OF don't really understand why Gordias was terrible, etc.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

What made Midas (A6S - A8S) easier than Goridas (A3S + A4S). I just cleared A8S and the amount of mechanical precision was honestly a little difficult with the random height error, the flash from second intermission, and the random deaths from standing in the wrong place.

I would've thought Goridas would've been seen as easier than Midas in hindsight. (Not counting Goridas nerfs)

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Gordias wasn't "hard" because the dev team listened to some ambiguous group of the playerbase. It was "hard" because it came at the same time a bunch of Jobs became tedious buff maintenance experiences, ontop of poor playtesting of the content (A4S is an especially bad example of this on the developer's end) and high bars for DPS checks (healer DPS and group-wide optimization were absolutely necessary). I'm sure the flawed implementation of things like Wanderer's Minuet and the like also complicated shit, as the latter blocks of Alexander had some of those problems ironed out ontop of the "easing" of the content itself.

As an aside, I'm pretty sure the fact they playtested Gordias with invincibility mode on (in its entirety) became a meme or something for awhile.

Midas was mechanically intensive, but the DPS checks were lessened considerably (in my opinion). Also congrats on clearing A8S. Would sure be nice if we had some punny titles to go with this stuff.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I'd say gordias is easier then midas. Its just so many quit during gordias that there weren't as many bad players left to complain about midas being too hard. They also nerfed A6S very quickly instead of letting it wreck groups for months like A3S did. Pre-nerf A6S progression was harder then all of creator progression combined lol.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme..._need_to_talk/

I don't even know how else to describe this thread. Cancer? It'd certainly apply to that OmgYoshiPLZ dude.

Also there's this and the 642 points it got:

Quote Originally Posted by Tooluka
    This subreddit is 99% about bad fanart and discussions how that one guy in duty was slacking (degree of slacking varying).
    Real shame that there's a containment subreddit for all that cancerous fanart, but Internet asspats matter. Also, there doesn't seem to be a way to filter all that shit ("LIFECHANGING CATGIRL SCREENSHOT XD," etc.) without making an account.