FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I think you can with iCoins.....somewhere? Not sure where though, maybe whatever vendor lets you spend those.

edit: Seems to be sold at a general merchant or potion merchant? If you don't have enough iCoins, they are unlocked from an adventure journal npc, she gives you boxes for completing certain achievement type things that open and give you the coins.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

And said adventure journal NPC is over at the east side of town with a wing icon on the map. The general merchant sells both skill and stat resets (for now, seems like it might just be a beta thing), just keep in mind the skill reset requires you to zone after using it to get the points back, so don't sit there getting mad waiting for lag to clear up and give you your shit. Give it a bit to make sure it's gone through then you can relog or zone and all your SP should show up.

Yeah, it was the item merchant's icoin shop. Adventure Journal is weird but free currency is always welcome.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Yeaaah.. think I'll go mage for main.. 3 button presses and a boss 15 lvls over me (tried for shit n giggles) down to almost 50% hp in seconds

Although the berserker video was amazing also, its not so amazing low lvl ;/ Where as mage just presses a button near something and stuff explodes.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

If you plan to go elementalist, make sure you have at least pyro c2, because as elementalist there is an awesome attribute you can learn but it requires you being at least c2 pyro. It's a trait that makes whatever enemy you kill with fire spell, will have chance to explode and do 80% splash dmg aoe, so it's going to be like chain reaction. There is also another trait that requires cryo2 that does the same thing minus the explosion, but instead do aoe slow.

So a nice build would be
    Wiz c1 > Pyro c2 > Elem c3
    or
    Wiz c1 > Cryo c2 > Elem c3

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Pyro is waaay stronger than Cryo and Cryo C2 doesn't get any decent skills, would be a huge waste on any class imo. Getting Wizard 2 for surespell or Linker for some utility would be a lot better I think.

I really like a lot of the wizard classes but the lag/latency makes wizard autoattacks completely unbearable to use so I feel shoehorned in to playing Pyro where it doesn't matter. I like my Cryo build but it's such deadweight whilst waiting for my 2 long as fuck cooldowns. I think I am gonna have to stick to just playing Swordsman/Cleric classes at launch until the servers stop being shit (which I doubt will ever happen but whatever).

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    Pyro is waaay stronger than Cryo and Cryo C2 doesn't get any decent skills, would be a huge waste on any class imo. Getting Wizard 2 for surespell or Linker for some utility would be a lot better I think.

I really like a lot of the wizard classes but the lag/latency makes wizard autoattacks completely unbearable to use so I feel shoehorned in to playing Pyro where it doesn't matter. I like my Cryo build but it's such deadweight whilst waiting for my 2 long as fuck cooldowns. I think I am gonna have to stick to just playing Swordsman/Cleric classes at launch until the servers stop being shit (which I doubt will ever happen but whatever).
    No kidding... soloed the... thorn? final area boss with only one death on pyro in under 6min, being about 6 levels below the thing. 6min on my ranger was something like 15% of its hp maybe

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Picked up a leveling guide, from the highest leveled player right now (166):

*Edit*
    Removed since it's no longer relevant and will screw you over if you follow it. Just use http://www.tosbase.com/database/quests/?page=1 and follow the quest zones/main quest and either grind a level/two, to keep up, or use cards. I don't think anyone will be getting much to 170, but apparently there's a huge exp dessert there, due to no mob density/lack of quests, so if you try and save you cards as much as possible, that's where you currently use them all to catch back up to quest content.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Holy shit playing this game with controller is fun as hell, especially w/ the vibrate. That satisfaction of blowing up a whole room of mobs :D

Btw, that guy who made the guide said he made some error because he ran out of quests/things to grind at lv160, and didnt save up any exp card. Supposedly lv160-180 is an EXP wasteland, cause the mob density sucks on most maps, and you're suppose to save up 200+ exp cards to get through it quickly. He also said the team thats competing with him is going to catch up to him within 20 hours and there is nothing he could do about it, because he has to grind for 5 hr per lvl until the next quest available.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Nearly caught up with my ranger level in 2 days >.>
    Random rant... they should make npc's you've previously found on another character.. show on the map at least instead of having to rediscover all the npc's again >.>

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Apparently, there are multiple chests that give the same Collection, or perhaps a random one. Either way, I got a duplicate Cathedral Collection that basically ate up a key. Need to make keys less common or take that stuff out.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    Ah, yes. 1% drop from the Big Red Kappa that spawns ever 30s or so; good way to make a lot of early money. Drops some boots that are pretty good too.
    Are there any similar mobs like this at every x amount of levels?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by SephYuyX View Post
    Are there any similar mobs like this at every x amount of levels?
    I've seen some on the DB, when I was looking at some maps, but I've never actually seen them. They aren't that good of an idea though, as they tend to get perma spawn-camped so that people control the market on it or everyone has them, which, to me, defeats the purpose of having them in the first place.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

so in order to avoid that murder pit of xp I would keep ALL the xp cards? even the lvl 1 ones, yah?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Koul View Post
    so in order to avoid that murder pit of xp I would keep ALL the xp cards? even the lvl 1 ones, yah?
    The games exp curve goes up and down, at various levels, creating what people call an exp desert. You've run out of quest, and the mob density of the maps you can level on is crap, so that's when you use your exp cards. This gets you past the hump, and back into fast leveling again.

It's really a pretty bad game design; you're leveling curve should be constant, and the exp cards should just be gotten rid of; it's giving rise to stupid stuff like saving them for boss fights, instead of the actual need, created by the games current design, that almost nobody knows about and how to bypass the systems issues. It's only going to get worse as more people start reaching those points, and grinding down the precious few mobs because the channel system doesn't seem to scale as well when there's fewer people around. Tenet had a bunch of channels, and I could hop around and find some spots to grab monsters, then hop again; that's not possible when you only have two channels, and both have five dots.

Ya, I know, it's all Beta, but that's the type of stuff that needs to be corrected to make this a game worth playing.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

My guess on their exp curve decision is kind of something to help stop getting burned out. You start getting to a point where it gets really hard to level, but you know that it is going to be much easier in a few levels, and then you get there and it is much easier to level again renewing your interest in leveling.

I do still find it very odd after playing other games though lol.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Also, that guide I posted doesn't quite work out, from what I'm watching. You want to be the recommended level, for a quest, or maybe 1 level below it, so that you get the most exp for your quests, and that should soften up those dead spots and lessen how much grinding you need to do.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heavy Arms
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Barbarian is fun even though I think it will get nerfed. I can already one or two shot mobs 15 levels above me. Can't imagine if I had the 2h sword with 148 critical attack. Was able to beat the mausoleum boss at 75 in just a few rotations. The boss is lvl 96. Seems kind of broken.

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by Koul View Post
    There are only a few times you need to save it, save and use to get from lv60 to lv70, and save again to use to get from lv160 to lv185ish

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I don't think I've used a card since my 30s, so I may use them to keep up with quest zones, and see how that goes. Lvl 66, and my current quest zone is recommended 69, so if I use them to be one level less, and keep questing, I should be pretty efficient with my use of cards and quest exp.