+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast
    Certified Enhancement Shaman
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meph Taru
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos

stupid question, but how do you get to the other city?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

You have to walk, so far as I know. They aren't connected by fast-travel, unless you've unlocked the statue in the map you want to travel to.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You can just buy a warp scroll to Orsha or Klaipedia from the item npc. It's actually cheaper than using the goddess statue too.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Cass and I started playing this a little here and there, been fun.

We're on Klaipeda server, my ign is Still Loading, Cass' ign is Cassalot Firestarter.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

klaipeda server also here, making a c2 cleric, c3 krivis, c2 druid. char name Voltec

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

IMC has decided to postpone the FTP launch till early mid May. They are also going to have new founder packs starting tomorrow at 50% off.

https://treeofsavior.com/news/?n=378

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

dick move

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

super scummy

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meph Taru
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos

dunno, sounds reasonable to me

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Seems legit to me.

They discovered a flaw, in their token system, due to how STEAM sets regional game prices, and re-negotiated their STEAM contract to possibly eliminate the problem. They are also going to add servers, in those regions, so that there's a reduced chance that the flaw will naturally occur. To implement the changes takes time, so they pushed the F2P back, since those would be the most impacted and also aren't currently giving the company money, then gave a big discount for people who may have stayed F2P, without the price decrease.

The only people truly hurt by this are the ones who got rolled, by their token flaw, or those that were never going to pay for the game. When accommodating customer issues like this, you take care of the paying ones first.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

If anyone is interested in TOS, the FTP version launched today. But they still don't have the TP store up and running yet.

https://forum.treeofsavior.com/t/f2p...10-2016/251161

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I'll jump in for a bit this weekend.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

So is anyone else playing this piece of shit game?

Got two characters level 120~130ish on Klaipeda so far.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meph Taru
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos

yeah I'm trudging along on EU-server. still haven't bothered with dungeons since I've heard nothing but bad things regarding queues but that means I keep running out of quests and have to rely on daily mercenary. Just hit 180

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I've got a few around 50-ish, but I've been jumping around between too many games to focus.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post
    yeah I'm trudging along on EU-server. still haven't bothered with dungeons since I've heard nothing but bad things regarding queues but that means I keep running out of quests and have to rely on daily mercenary. Just hit 180
    Dungeons are really good XP. Especially the earlier ones. They also drop really good loot. You should definitely be running them.

Level 50 dungeon I don't think drops anything big, but it's really good xp, you get some money from mobs, and probably a talt from the boss. On my new character, with token bonus, and one of the free xp book things they gave for whatever reason a while back, I went from 50 to 60~62ish in 3 runs which took about an hour?

Level 90 dungeon is a bit more annoying, exp is a bit less but still good. Boss can drop Arde dagger (~5% drop rate iirc) from his box. REALLY good offhand for pretty much any class. Or you can sell it for like 700~800k+. (Or if you get a 2nd one)

Level 115 dungeon is shitty as fuck. Has a bunch of shit mobs, lots of mages and archers, and fucks that spam a buff that gives them that anti-damage shield for like 8 seconds. (the same one the last tree in the mission does).

Once exp dies off from the 90 dungeon (around level 105~110 or so) you can just join a boss rush party (check channel 1 at dungeon entrance, usually people advertising a party) and just kill the boss for your like 4k silver drop + free talt. (The arde dagger will drop... eventually... maybe.)

Level 130 dungeon is... I don't even know. It's great exp (130 --> 142 after 6 (not all completed...) runs of it + 6 missions) and the final boss can drop petamion recipe (apparently 1% drop rate LOL korean MMO's jesus fucking christ)

One thing that is starting to irritate me, besides the incredibly level of stupidity of some people, is how shittily this game is coded. Queues are absolute shit. Would it be that hard to, I don't know, force the 5 player party to include one of all 4 jobs, and then one duplicate? That alone would make things so much better. Runs with no healer (and obviously the four fucking swordsman you're partying with didn't bring any pots, cause why the fuck not) or runs with 3+ swordsman are fucking terrible. Likewise, a run with 3+ healers and a swordsman are also terrible. Actually, you know what? Swordsman in general are a complete fucking waste in this game. Tanks are decent, but not required. Except 90% of swordsman think they're leet dps and don't take pelt 1 and contribute shit.

Out of the 6 runs of the 130 dungeon, the first three were absolutely terrible. First one was kinda decent. People didn't have pots so they rested every so often, but they muscled through. Second run was going alright, but after the first boss one of the swordsman (the one that didn't take pelt) started bitching to rush the boss, and the wizard agreed with him. (BTW, summoners (or whatever they're called) are incredibly useless and annoying to party with. I keep seeing them and they make me want to slam my head against my desk) So myself, the good tank, and the linker soloed the rest of the dungeon clearing everything. Obviously the other two followed so they could leech exp, but they just sat there and did absolutely nothing but constantly bitch. "Waaah, we can't clear everything we'll run out of time, lets go rush boss" over and over. Cleared the dungeon and the boss with no help from the leechers, with at least 10 minutes remaining at the end.

If that wasn't enough, the last run was the most hilarious. It was three swordsman and a summoner. Yeeeeeeah. We got to the boss, and none of them understood the mechanics of the boss so they died like twice, then everyone just quit the dungeon and left me alone. (To be fair, I didn't fully understand the mechanics at the time, either.)

So what do I do? I solo the first boss and master all the mechanics (SO much easier to SEE all the queues and understand what they lead to when you're solo). Then I cloak up, go to the boss, and solo it too. Fuck. Yeah. Bite me motherfuckers.

Man. I obviously don't like this game because it's so terribly designed, terribly balanced, and terrible pretty much everything. Just look at all of my bitching. But I'm still playing it. I guess I'm somewhat enjoying it and having fun for now? It's probably not gonna last for too much longer. =/

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Also, addons. They completely change the game into something actually playable.

https://github.com/Excrulon/Tree-of-...-Addon-Manager

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meph Taru
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos

yeah that's pretty much what I figured. I just see this as RO-2, so I don't mind soulless grindings from time to time.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heavy Arms
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I'm hooked on the game. 4 characters at 200 plus with one being rank 7 and just started leveling a 5th char. They are slowly improving the game and add ons make it much much better. Overall the game needs work but I really enjoy it. Just wish i had people to play with some times.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Well IMC is fixing things, just at the rate that makes a snail look like a race car. Who knows if players are willing to put up with all the exploits, bots and bugs long term.

I have a 220 swordie, but gave up on him due to the fact that nobody wants a swordie in the party. Sword players really fall off late game. I was hoping to make a templar so I could make my own guild. I've started an cleric alt and he is lvl 165 atm.

I'm playing on klaipeda, team name : Dark Requiem. If anyone wants to hook up.