FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I tell you what, as much as I fucking HATE the genre, that new bullshit Breath of Fire 6 (ughhhhhh....) Mobile title bullshit looks a LOT like the Moeblob RO genre.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tekni Wintersbane
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Mok'Nathal

Im still going to probably play it of it ever comes out in English being the bof nerd that I am

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Two new Swordsman classes announced.

Squire

Squire is a supportive class with no active combat skills. Squire can “arrest” monsters and limit their movement. This skill can even be used on larger monsters. This class is also able to repair damaged items like the NPC does, and even does better by adding additional durability points (such as 58/38) and also add temporary bonus stats (such as ATK +14 for 200 attacks).

Squire has the ability to set up a camp anywhere in the field for his party members to return and rest. Party members can use the warehouse function, or enjoy the snacks prepared by the Squire which can temporarily increase party member’s stats such as maximum HP, maximum SP and etc. Also, buffs cast on each party members inside the base camp get double duration time.

Centurion

Centurion is a class who can activate formations which other players can enter into the slots. Control is given to the Centurion upon entering, though players can leave the formation any time.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tekni Wintersbane
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Mok'Nathal

Hmmm root that works on nms? Sounds hax as shit. Betcha that shit doesn't last longer than five seconds for balancing issues

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Closed Beta 2 has been announced.

In preparation for the event, Nexon published the schedule leading up to the CBT start. Interested players can sign up from April 2-13 with over ten thousand to be chosen. The closed beta event will run from April 21-26, with servers being live twelve hours a day. This event will have 44 out of the 80 classes to play.

If your interested in the playable 44 classes so far you can check out the Nexon website

http://info.tos.nexon.com/character/info.aspx

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Damn, I really want to play this game. Guess I better start learning Korean.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I used to play on iRO Chaos back in 2002ish-2004 (I was in Gods of War), I didn't feel the grind was -that- bad, unlike trying to get a card to drop, which was ridiculous sometimes if you were unlucky, maybe because the game gave you so much freedom build wise that I never found it too boring, got a priest and a knight to the high 90's but never made them to 99.

I absolutely loved the guild dungeon parties in aldebaran castles, they taught me the basics of big parties; pulling, healing, AoEing everything to dust, it's a shame they died off when that LoD/hocus pocus shit came out, you could level to 99 in a few days/hours doing that.

RO had a social aspect that no MMO had again for me, hope ToS can do something like that again, the game looks good, now if they didn't instance it so much, or that's what it looks like to me :<

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Icarian View Post
    RO had a social aspect that no MMO had again for me, hope ToS can do something like that again, the game looks good, now if they didn't instance it so much, or that's what it looks like to me :<
    I hate to be that guy, as I really enjoyed iRO as well (but I played before the guild stuff cake about on there), but no game will ever match that first interaction you had. You can see that now in the Nostalgia thread in general regarding XI.

It sucks, for all of us really, but there is certainly a different feeling from your first experiences with a community that you won't get again.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    I hate to be that guy, as I really enjoyed iRO as well (but I played before the guild stuff cake about on there), but no game will ever match that first interaction you had. You can see that now in the Nostalgia thread in general regarding XI.
    RO wasn't my first MMO and it's not quite a nostalgia thing, It's more about the fact that the MMO scene has changed quite a bit and sitting in a city/exp spot talking while taking a break or something is basically non existent, partly because players are extremely solo-focused now but also because most modern games do not allow it to happen due instances/whatever.

I've met quite a few people that way and it really didn't happen in XI/WoW, that's something only RO has actually done and what made it unique to me, I want ToS to allow that to flourish the same way it did in RO.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

RO wasn't my first MMO and it's not quite a nostalgia thing, It's more about the fact that the MMO scene has changed quite a bit and sitting in a city/exp spot talking while taking a break or something is basically non existent, partly because players are extremely solo-focused now but also because most modern games do not allow it to happen due instances/whatever.

I've met quite a few people that way and it really didn't happen in XI/WoW, that's something only RO has actually done and what made it unique to me, I want ToS to allow that to flourish the same way it did in RO.
    Yeah my post was a little misleading because I said "first," but it doesn't necessarily have to be your first MMO. iRO was my first MMO I'd guess (can't remember too well), but I didn't get that feeling until XI, being immersed in the world and finding a great community.

I agree with all your points, though. I was just trying to say, whether it's nostalgia or not, getting that same feeling of community is going to be harder and harder as time goes by. I feel it's almost a "right place at the right time" kind of deal where everything clicks for you and creates a great experience.

I hope I'm wrong, but it seems many people chase after that same feeling no matter which game they started in. It's usually why the MMO flavor of the month gets passed on so quickly. Nothing takes people back to "that one time" or "that one game/community."

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

nvm too many hoops to attempt to join this

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I used to play on iRO Chaos back in 2002ish-2004 (I was in Gods of War), I didn't feel the grind was -that- bad
    What was it like, .005% xp per mob after level 30 or something? How can people say this kinda stuff anymore? I feel like its because everyone was a kid or in college back then, but I certainly don't have time to play any game that requires me to kill over a thousand of an enemy to come close to leveling.

I'd play this up to around level 20, then leave, satisfied (if I didn't pay for it) before abhorrent grind kicks in.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

It wasn't that low. I don't think I ever got to the point in RO that I was getting less than .1 in a good party on the stuff I'd kill and with a good build the mobs were dying in seconds.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    What was it like, .005% xp per mob after level 30 or something? How can people say this kinda stuff anymore? I feel like its because everyone was a kid or in college back then, but I certainly don't have time to play any game that requires me to kill over a thousand of an enemy to come close to leveling.

I'd play this up to around level 20, then leave, satisfied (if I didn't pay for it) before abhorrent grind kicks in.
    If you were soloing/killing random shit you were doing it wrong, there was a lot of different ways to grind efficiently, you could easily get 5%~ an hour at level 96+, it's like comparing an exp party in garlaige citadel vs a bird party getting 20k/h+.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

If you were soloing/killing random shit you were doing it wrong, there was a lot of different ways to grind efficiently, you could easily get 5%~ an hour at level 96+, it's like comparing an exp party in garlaige citadel vs a bird party getting 20k/h+.
    Or just farm LoD for a few days.

GoW huh? Pre or post Yuber's Violy breakdown?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Still, twenty hours, for one level, just doesn't fly in today's market.

I watched Steparu's videos, and I didn't see very engaging game-play. If server's aren't up to par, lag death will be a big problem since you take a lot of damage if something actually hits you, especially bosses. Also, they have far too many classes and the community will par it down to the top 10ish or so, based on what's most efficient for killing things.

I'm still interested in seeing what this ends up being, but they've got some big hurdles to jump over.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    GoW huh? Pre or post Yuber's Violy breakdown?
    Pre, although not surprised things went south between those two, I heard pretty nasty things about Violy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko
    You also have to keep in mind that the game was kind of barebones, besides leveling and WoE/PvP there was nothing else, you didn't need to be level 90+ to be efficient, you could do pretty much everything very well by level 80-85, which wasn't that hard at all, specially if it wasn't your first character and you had gear. Look at it like Diablo 3's paragon levels, nobody is going to be like "I need max paragon now!". I found XI's grind for gear way worse than RO's

About the clases, if they're fun to play and are somewhat viable I don't think it'll be much of a problem, like RO's battle priests/sages or agility knights/crusaders.

My only concern is instanced content, I'd like to had a meaningful overworld like the early batch of MMO's, I'm not saying I don't want instances, but don't make it so it's either one or the other.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    Oh it still does, just back over in the motherland of S. Korea. I'm sure it'll be very popular over there. Over here, however, every year we get another of their grinder MMOs that languishes after 6 months or so because of the focus on graphics over gameplay. This, however, isn't graphics at all, just nostalgia over graphics and gameplay. It'll be interesting to dive back in for a bit, but I can't see it holding any real number over here. Its more likely that people will try to make their own private servers of it ASAP, so they can better tweak the xp/droprates while still having the "community aspect" term people are so quick to throw around.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tekni Wintersbane
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Mok'Nathal

Correct. I foresee myself paying for the big game for a bit and then ditching when a mega xp drop rate server pops up that works

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast