BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

AGI knight.

Havent really been following how the job system works.. but.. can you asily switch between classes or something? Seems wierd all the mages are split up based on element.

Crap ton of jobs..

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I am just gonna run around conscripting niggas if you can do that to random people lol

If you can't, I don't know which class I'd want to play.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by SephYuyX View Post
    AGI knight.

Havent really been following how the job system works.. but.. can you asily switch between classes or something? Seems wierd all the mages are split up based on element.

Crap ton of jobs..
    Tree of Saviour has 80 classes that are split up between 4 categories :

The Swordsman (Melee DPS)
    The Archer (Range DPS)
    The Mage (Magic DPS)
    The Cleric (Tank/Healer/CC/Buff/Debuff)

You start as one of these, and every 15 "job levels" You are given the opportunity to upgrade your class.

Using Cleric as an example, When you first get the chance to upgrade your class, you have 3 choices. Either you choose one of the Rank 2 classes available (Priest, or Krivis) Or you can choose to stay Cleric, upgrading to what is being called the second "Circle". A class can only rank up to the 3rd circle before you can no longer upgrade it.

Upgrading to a new class allows you to access their class specific abilities, while keeping the abilities you've already aquired, But choosing to upgrade to the second or third circle of the same class allows you to pick up a couple more, advanced abilities from that class, as well as having the ability to add even more skill points to that class' skills to get even more powerful versions of it.

Two examples of progression are:

Start as a Cleric, First rank up, you are presented with Priest, or Krivis. Lets say you choose priest. You can never pick cleric or Krivis again You choose priest and give up the other two. Then next rank up, you are presented with Bokor or Dievderbys. Lets say you pick Dievderbys. You can never pick Bokor. Next rank up, you are presented with Sadhu and Paladin, You pick Paladin. Due to your choices, you have access to the "circle 1" abilities of Cleric, Priest, Dievderbys, and Paladin, While GIVING UP Krivis, Bokor, and Sadhu.

Lets do this again, but exploring the Circles.

You start as a cleric, and upon the first rank up, you choose to stay a cleric, You are now a Second Circle Cleric and have given up the chance to become a priest or Krivis. Now, next rank up you are offered Bokor, or Dievderbys. You again choose to rank up Cleric, so you are now a Third circle Cleric, having access to all of its skills, which are several times more powerful than a first circle cleric, however you have Completely thrown away the priest, Krivis, Bokor, and Dievderbys classes.

Next rank up, you are presented with Sadhu and Paladin... You are a Third circle Cleric, meaning you have maxed cleric and can no longer progress in that class, you must choose a new class. So you pick Paladin, giving up the Sadhu.

Using this system, depending on what path you pick, your character can very well be very radically different than everyone elses, especially also considering which skills you choose to take and level up, and all the classes you choose will allow you to use their respective outfits whenever you want.

You can try building your own build using the class builder

http://www.tosbase.com/tools/class-builder/

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Thanks so much for this. Not sure how I feel about having skill choices like RO compared to giving us all of the skills. Here's hoping that skill resets won't cost very much irl money.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Thanks, so it's ROs skill system on crack then.
    Cant wait to see the rage if there are no resets, and people pick fun instead of useful.

If there's skill/stat respec then I think it'll be fine, since RO's biggest problem was being able to permanently screw your character by making the wrong choices. Then later you'd screw up and have to spend 250k (or something) to unscrew yourself.

I'm worried that 90% of the jobs will be useless as well, but I just really want to try this.

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    If there's skill/stat respec then I think it'll be fine, since RO's biggest problem was being able to permanently screw your character by making the wrong choices. Then later you'd screw up and have to spend 250k (or something) to unscrew yourself.

I'm worried that 90% of the jobs will be useless as well, but I just really want to try this.
    I guess you have to think of it as job progression rather than good job vs bad(though I'm sure some will be bad). So if your goal was to be a priest and thats it, you can't because eventually you'll be class capped and need to change to something aka Dievdirbys aka best class. Now, you CAN stay Dievdirbys for a while and carve all the best statues but you still have to change to Oracle in the end. At least, that's how I'm understanding this.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

You can create a crazy CC class. Between Sleep/Lethargy/Stop/Slow and all the other debuffs it's kinda crazy. Wonder if they would affect boss mobs.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by SephYuyX View Post
    Thanks, so it's ROs skill system on crack then.
    Cant wait to see the rage if there are no resets, and people pick fun instead of useful.
    Expecting cookie cutter builds, and you'll need to remake the character if you mess up (like the ol RO days!)

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    Expecting cookie cutter builds, and you'll need to remake the character if you mess up (like the ol RO days!)
    Pretty much what I'm expecting lol. Can't imagine them balancing 80+ classes properly.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Looks like IMC games are adding mouse control support. For those who like to use mouse movement instead of keyboard.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

What was it before? I assumed it was the same as diablo movement.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

It was a keyboard control schema, with Joystick support quite likely (if not already supported officially). I'm fine with all three, but would play it via a gamepad, like I do Diablo 3, as it would perfectly fit ToS.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Theres no reason all three shouldnt be an option.. it's not like it takes a lot of effort to do any of them.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

IMC games has opened a new official website for the international version.

The website includes :

- Information on the latest news for Tree of Savior
    - Forums for discussing various contents of Tree of Savior
    - Support for 1:1 tickets
    - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
    - Server and Service Status (will be in effect when beta test begins)

You can check out the website here :

https://treeofsavior.com/

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tekni Wintersbane
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Mok'Nathal

Hyped as fuck. Not sure how i feel about 300 levels of grind + all those classes though.
    Is there an english translation of all 80 job class names and titles? Like acolyte > monk > champion or are they all jumbled together and you have to figure them out.
    Like wtf is a Bokor or Dievderbys anyway?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Well, from what I've seen/read, the grind isn't that much of a grind, though the CBT may have had boosted rates. I don't think there's much you can find, right now, but Reddit has this, for classes.

Bokor (abbreviated BOK) is a class of the Cleric type. Bokor specializes in raising zombies from the dead and in hexing enemies, using voodoo based spells.

Dievdirbys (abbreviated DDB) is a class of the Cleric type. The Dievdirbys has the ability to carve wooden statues of the Goddesses. These statues act as a totem, granting friendlies in range with various beneficial effects as well as debuffing enemies. Because carving a statue has a relatively long cast time, the Dievdirbys can be interrupted by enemies while doing so, it is important to avoid getting hit.

Who will be the first, to make a Dievdirby's, name Woodchuck?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tekni Wintersbane
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Mok'Nathal

so is there no monk or champion type class for cleric? nevermind, monk exists but thief does not? Fuuuuuuuuck. i love going stealth and stabbing shit.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Hmm, if you like to stealth and stab stuff you can go Rouge, which is under the Archery tree. You can get it at rank 5. Rouges don't stealth but they burrow under the ground and can move underground undetected. Or you can try Corsair under the Swordsman tree, you can also get that job at rank 5. Corsairs duel wield a sword and dagger.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tekni Wintersbane
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Mok'Nathal

Ok im a bit confused on what ranks are. I thought there was only 3 class levels per thing. so you go level 1 > 15 with basic class and then it has job levels too. and then you go to tier 2 class, and then tier 3 and then you are forced to change your class but keep existing skills, like you went cleric 1 2 3 then swordsman 1 and you can use cleric 1 skills and then swordsman 2 can use cleric 2 and so on and so forth. Is there ever an end to it?

Or do you mean by rank ups, you have to actually have 5 total class transformations to be able to select that class. I dont understand how the job lockout system works. If i went knight > paladin > whatever i couldnt go archer > sniper > whatever and then class change back to another knight class? Because with 11 classes per tree thats like a total bitch of a system.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast