Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Tree of Savior (spiritual successor to Ragnarok Online)

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/11/16...arok-online-2/

After much anticipation, Gravity Corp. released Ragnarok Online 2 in North America this year, and it was met with mixed feelings from longtime fans of the original Ragnarok Online. That said, those of you who miss the older game might have something to look forward to in Tree of Savior Online, the spiritual successor to Ragnarok Online.

Tree of Savior Online, previously codenamed Project R1, is an action MMORPG game currently developed by Korean developers IMC Games, founded and led by the “father of Ragnarok Online” Hakkyu Kim, who is known for his involvement in titles such as Ragnarok Online and Granado Espada. The above video is a look at the game’s first trailer that was recently released to the public viewing.

Kim, who was the primary director of Ragnarok Online, left Gravity Corp in 2002, which also left the development of Ragnarok Online 2 in the hands of a different team. For this reason, it adopted various elements from western MMORPGs, which led to it having quite a different style game compared to its predecessor.

IMC Games and Hakkyu Kim’s goal is to make Tree of Savior Online the “spiritual successor of Ragnarok Online,” featuring sprite-based character models in a 3D world (or as they call 2.5D,) similar to the original Ragnarok Online.

http://storage.siliconera.com/wordpr...5569_thumb.jpg

According to Korean gaming website, This is Game, Tree of Savior Online boasts 80 different classes to play as and 200 unique bosses to fight, along with a non-targeting battle system, meaning you won’t be locking onto the monsters you fight, giving it a more action RPG feel.

The first stage of testing will be starting sometime in February 2014, according to the trailer, which we can assume will be Korea-only, for the time being.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Spiritual successor to RO? Sign me up.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tekni Wintersbane
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Mok'Nathal

Yesssssssssssssssssss. TAKE MY MONEY COMPANY THAT IS NOT GRAVITY

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

RO2 just was not for me. But this actually looks really fun. Really hope it comes out for our part of the sphere. It's not every day I get excited for games anymore, but damnit I want this.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

for what it's worth, steam has the original Ragnarok as well as the 2nd one.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Torn, and probably going to pass. On one hand, a Korean team adopting a "western" approach is total failure. On the other hand,a Korean team keeping something 100% Korean means that I'll be grinding the most mundane things for .0003% xp or progress after the first few hours, which is just as lame.

Koreans make pretty shit, but not shit that I ultimately want to invest money in.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

This looks like Diablo + Ragnarok Online, and I'm totally cool with that. RO2 was TERRIBLE, so, I'm glad there may be a real "sequel" to RO now.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Apparently there was a recent Q&A saying that an international version test would be coming out after the Korean Closed group test.

The Korean test has already ended so I guess unless they amend that then we could possibly expect a closed or open beta for this game sometime this year.

I'd love to see a real successor to RO but I'm pretty skeptical on the whole 80 classes and their implementation of it. Either way this game looks like some fun.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

is this gonna be MMO in a sense that Diablo 3 is an MMO (only invited people can join your game), or real MMO where lots of people can hang out in town and such?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

One can only hope that it will be like Ragnarok Online. A traditional MMO where everyone congregates together.

*Edit* Went looking and found some stuff posted yesterday. Just another Q&A. Screenshots via link.

http://www.mmoculture.com/2014/05/tr...dia-interview/
    1. Difficulty of the monsters is being tuned for Closed Beta after feedback from the Focus Group Test (FGT) held in February.

2. An alumni of soundTeMP, a studio which work on various online games’ music (including Ragnarok Online), is currently overseeing music/sound for Tree of Savior.

3. The Closed Beta client is said to be around 70% completed.

4. The camp-fire seen in the previously-released screenshot (below) displays the “rest mode”. More details will be announced in July.

Tree of Savior - Adventure Journal

5. Dashing (or running) is apparently limited by stamina, before switching back to normal walking speed. There will be class-specific skills for dodging as well.

6. Production system is open to all players with the appropriate items. The production process is said to take up a few minutes.

7. Open Beta version for Tree of Savior is currently aiming for around 200 zones/ maps with 3 main cities.

8. For accessories such as head gears (bunny ears etc), there are currently around 50 types.

9. In the previously-released PvP screenshot (below), random chats can be seen floating on the screen. These chats are temporary, and aimed to boost the significance of the bustling crowd gathering. This is inspired from a famous Japanese video site (this can also be seen in some animes).

10. Other than just levelling up, there are hidden quests and objectives, so players are advised to navigate all corners of each map.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Combat Preview

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

There are over 80 classes in the game. Here is a look at 4 such classes.

Linker

This class specializes in linking characters together or monsters together. The monsters that are linked together will receive damages or de-buffs simultaneously. These monsters can be pulled and gathered at one place to help other players to attack them easier. When Linker links allies together, the effects from potions or buffs can be shared each other and the damages received by monsters can be reduced.

Psychokino

This class specializes using psychokinesis for its skills. It can attack the monsters directly using psychokinesis or it can pull and align the monsters in one line. This skill will be very useful when playing in a party. It can also use “telekinesis” to change monsters’ locations and it can make monsters to collide each other to inflict damages on them.

Necromancer

This class specializes in collecting dead bodies of monsters. The dead bodies will be stored in “Necronomicon” and they will be used for various skills of necromancy. It can form a protective shell or attack monsters using the dead bodies. Among different boss monster cards, beast-type boss cards can be inserted on “Necronomicon” and this card will influence AI, stats, and the appearance of “Shoggoth” when it gets summoned.

Sadhu

This class specializes in out-of-body skills. Even though, the spirit, which gets alienated from its body, can’t move far away from its body, it can move rather fast within the possible radius. The spirit will not get attacked for the most of the time, but sometimes, monsters may sense the spirit. When the spirit leaves the body, it becomes more vulnerable and receives greater damages when it gets attacked from the monsters.

The video below shows how the above 4 classes fight.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

There's some interesting things going on here, but 80 classes is way over-kill.

I'd imagine with 80 they might be kinda shallow, but hopefully they'll make up for that.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I fucking adore the way this game looks, please let this be good. It actually looks fun and nostalgic as fuck.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

diablo 2 style necro in RO game IM IN *at least for beta*

this looks really fun, i love the class types.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

if the last one in the most recent video is Bokor then I fuckin love it lol stabbing a voodoo doll to do damage and massive zombie summons. Too bad we probably won't see it for another 2+ years or something though :/ still waiting on Blade and Soul...

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    I fucking adore the way this game looks, please let this be good. It actually looks fun and nostalgic as fuck.
    ^

This art style + animations are exactly what I want in more games lol.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast