+ Reply to Thread
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Started a lets play of sorts

We need feedback. This is probably one of the better ones we've done so far.

Be as brutal as you want. I will take all the suggestions I can get. We want to do well.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Only had time to watch the first 10mins but here are my (personally opinionated) thoughts on that.
    If you're aiming to do MST3K-type videos, jokes need to be a lot stronger. Referencing other material and using stuff like simile and metaphor are good ways of extracting humor from a game. "You climbed me like a colossus" line is a great example of that and funny too XD

I think another way of inserting humor into the video and building solidarity with your viewers is to create some video-specific inside/running jokes, such as giving something a name you came up with or what have you. Although I didn't find the counter very funny personally, maybe because you guys didn't talk about (the incidents it was counting) very much or it just happened too often to be very funny (better example of this might be DBZ Abridged Krillin Owned count, which they were careful not to overuse).

There was basically just way too much talking about "in the moment game-stuff" to be very funny. It's not humorous to state what's obviously going on on the screen, really. Talking about what's ahead in the game is fine but only if it serves a comedic purpose, like if you guys overhype it or crack up about it so that there's a lot of buildup to it so the viewer anticipates it (instead of just saying "oh yeah this dude's next, I remember him, he does this"). A lot of this is just basics of comedy I guess.

My personal favorite lines (really the only ones that stood out to me) are "Did I just commit a hate crime?" and "You climbed me like a colossus"

Hope that helps, but if you weren't going for a purely comedic angle then might not help very much.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

That is exactly the kind suggestions I was looking for. Thank you. We will take that all into consideration.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

As a connoisseur of let's plays I can say this is easily several steps above the typical youtube let's plays that you see. The commentary was funny and not repetitive, the video quality was great, the gameplay was competent, and the video was overall just fun to watch. It seems like you took some inspiration from the Continue? guys with the editing. Anyway, subbed!\

Also the biggest bonus is that your opening credits aren't loud and obnoxious which would make watching the videos in a playlist more tolerable.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I don't watch these kinds of videos a lot so can't really compare them to anything else but I found yours very funny and entertaining. My only gripe is you missed the free man at the beginning of the game lol

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

So we finally got a new computer built so that we can start playing some modern games. First up Octodad! I will probably update this thread with new episodes from now on because reasons.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

More Octodad.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Forgot to post these.