Malorne
    Blog Entries

Die Hard 6: McLane

Director:
    Writer: Ben Trebilcook
    IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2884178
    Wiki:

Synopsis:
    On the 30th anniversary of the Nakatomi Hostage Crisis, John McClane is invited to Tokyo to be commended for bravery in saving 36 lives, but discovers vengeance and pain that has lasted more than just 30 years.
    Cast:

Bruce Willis - John McClane
    Jai Courtney - Jack McClane

Trailers:

Clips:

Notes:
    - Further story details;
    Spoiler: show
    "Hmm, what can I say? What can I say? What am I allowed to say? OK, without spoiling too much, I can say that McClane is invited to Tokyo by the Nakatomi Corporation to be commended for his bravery and efforts in saving 36 lives, celebrating this on the 30th anniversary of the Naktatomi Hostage Crisis. It’s by no means Black Rain. Perhaps has a slight Rising Sun type tone. It’s also not a double-act buddy-buddy story. McClane began on his own and should end on his own. Of course he’s had assistance in various guises, aiding him in his ventures; but it’s not Lethal Weapon or a Jackie Chan film.

"McClane is a gunslinger. A now retired, worn-out, tired, busted and broken cowboy. Everything he’s been through has to be taken into account. Yes, it’s a movie, but he isn’t invincible. He was never Bond. That’s what was so appealing to me with Bruce’s character. He got hurt. I see the first one as a drama with elements of action. It took its time to set up the story and unfold great characters. I believe I got that and also what I call ‘the hose-reel moment’. You know, when McClane, in the first Die Hard leaped off the building with a fire hose, before it went kaboom; in the second, he ejects himself from the plane when he’s surrounded by grenades and in the third, he’s shot out the tunnel, through the air with a gush of water. I’ve got that ‘hose-reel moment’, as well as that cringing ‘glass pulling from the feet’ type scene. Man, that gets me every time. Pursued by bad guys; does he face them and die, or retreat, barefoot, across broken glass? THEN picks out itty bitty shards from his cut feet. Great acting, too. Bruce has done some neat films: Twelve Monkeys, Unbreakable, Last Boy Scout, Mortal Thoughts, Pulp Fiction. He may regret turning down Swayze’s role in Ghost, but.. anyway, Die Hard 6…

"My story, being set in Japan, obviously has Nakatomi playing an extremely significant role; in a way that.. well, it’s John McClane in Japan and if you’ve seen any Japanese movies or at least know anything about their culture at all, you know it would have a lot of potential to be nuts. It’s not Ichi The Killer, but it is crazy and as real as you can get in these realms. It’s violent, but not over the top nor unnecessarily Loony Tune like Olympus. It’s well researched, faithful to the franchise, yet giving a possible audience such a refreshing punch to the face, they’ll be saying ‘Wow. I really wasn’t expecting that.’ You want a nugget, don’t you? I’m pretty sure it’s out there. A few Japanese fans on Twitter put two and two together when I uploaded a picture of a Katana (Samurai Sword) with some kanji reading ‘Zeus’. Yes, I’ve written Zeus Carver in for Samuel L Jackson.

"Like I said before, it’s not a buddy-buddy script, but you can’t ignore him. Zeus played a major part in McClane’s life. They went through a lot together. They would certainly, without a doubt, still be in contact. A guy I know, Stel, wrote the 51st State (aka Formula 51) with Sam the Man. I put the idea to him and he said Sam would probably love to have a sword in a movie; that’s how you could woo him. Let’s say I have a Better Tomorrow 2 vibe. Have you seen that film? Tell you what else? Probably the best ‘Yippie Ki Yay’ one could ever hope for."
    http://whatculture.com/film/die-hard...die-hard-6.php

E. Body
    BG Level

Wasn't the last one super horrible?

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Isn't this supposed to be the last?

Old Merits
    BG Level

I liked the fifth movie, though I'm not sure how I feel about this one. Best to wait and see.

No Jeremy Irons, NO DIE HARD

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by Greedouw View Post
    http://i1.sndcdn.com/avatars-0000038...op.jpg?3eddc42

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Besides, as fun as Irons is, if they were to bring back a Gruber surely Alan Rickman's Hans would be the better choice. In fact maybe they will; did we ever see his body at the end of the first Die Hard? Obviously in the world of that film he's dead, because a fall from a skyscraper doesn't leave much room for ambiguity. But the Die Hard world has become increasingly cartoonish through the sequels. So if John McClane, everyman cop, can literally fight an F35 jet fighter, I don't think a resurrected bionic Hans Gruber is off the table. Afterall, its set in Japan, they're big on robotics stuff. And they're apparently going big on tying it into the first one. Oh god thats what its going to be.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Old habits

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Throw logic out the window and bring Alan Rickman back, that'd be amazing.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

More disappointing the title pun sucks.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

If they bring back Alan Rickman, he's obviously going to play Hans' twin brother.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I rather them turn this into a real McBain from the Simpsons.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Greedouw View Post
    What

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by Iono View Post
    Wasn't the last one super horrible?
    yup

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

God, just let it die.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

hard

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    What
    Das right

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    hard
    er

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Subtitle Changed to "McLane," Updated Synopsis
    We are gonna explore John McClane in his twenties. But just as prominent is the 60-year-old version.
    So.. it's going to be a flashback film.