1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 4 hours, 17 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 19 hours, 42 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 21 hours, 17 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 12 hours, 42 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Spiritbonding information thread.

So far I've deduced exactly how much spiritbond bonus you get from HQ items, materia melds, multiple melds, etc. I've not seen this info anywhere else so I'm curious if there's even an interest in it. If you guys wanna know, I'll post the data here.

Currently I'm working on how much of a bonus the "Spiritbond Gain +1" gives you. I should have an answer to this by the end of the day. After that I'm testing if the bonuses from HQ and materia melds stack.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I'll dump my spiritbonding info that I posted in the materia thread in here then:

• HQ gear gives a +25% bonus to spiritbond speed!
    • Each materia gives a +25% bonus to spiritbond speed! (materia type/tier doesn't matter)
    • FC buff gives a +25% bonus to spiritbond speed!

This means that HQ + triple meld spiritbonds 2x as fast as NQ unmelded.
    My testing: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post1543423

+1 Spiritbond is a super super low increase, and I presume it's +1%, but I haven't formally tested it. Either way, it's definitely so low that you're better off bonding something else in the slot, rather than wasting a slot of +bond gear (Aetherial Rings being the exception, since you can convert them).

iLv55 Tier-4 materia conversion rate seems to be 10%~15% based on my super low sample size of approximately 60 iLv55 conversions.

Other facts!
    • Using quick synth gives you the same amount of spiritbond as a normal synth
    • Pushing quality gives you the same amount of spiritbond as a synth with 0 quality
    • Below a certain point, things won't give your gear any spiritbond. Consensus seems to be that it's up to a 15 level difference, but nothing has been formally tested (meaning if you're fighting stuff of a certain level or below, your iLv55 stuff won't get any spiritbond at all beyond the initial 1%, etc.)
    • The level of what you're doing fighting/crafting/gathering doesn't appear to affect how much spiritbond you gain, so long as it gives you spiritbond at all (see above)
    • Tier-3 materia can be obtained from things iLv40+
    • Tier-4 materia can be obtained from things iLv55+ (low chance at iLv55, 100% chance at iLv70)
    Being in a party (even with people not in your zone) gimps your spiritbond gains! Never craft/gather for spiritbond in a party!

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

When I did my testing yesterday and today I saw HQ gear giving a 20% bonus, the first meld giving a 20% bonus and additional melds giving 10%. Diminishing returns for additional melds. It's interesting that you came up with different data than I did.

Also that tier of materia melded does not increase spiritbond rate.

Also I was doing my tests with specifically i55 Aetheryte Rings while fishing.

About to go to lunch here in a bit but I can give more details on my testing if requested when I get back.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Post your data then, 'cause you're probably just interpreting it differently like the guy I was arguing with in the thread I posted my results in (above).

You can detail the bonuses two ways, either as an increase or a decrease.
    You can say that it is a 25% INCREASE in spiritbonding rate (my personal favorite, because it's much easier to explain).
    You can say that it's a 20% DECREASE in the amount of actions required, with diminishing returns.

You are probably trying to explain it with the latter.

The simple materia/HQ spiritbond modification formula looks like this:
    [Base] / (1 + .25 * [# of materia (+1 if HQ)])
    Where [Base] is the number of actions it takes to get 100% spiritbond with unmelded NQ gear.

(+# indicates the number of materia melds)
    The difference between NQ+0 and HQ+0/NQ+1 is 20% fewer actions
    The difference between HQ+0/NQ+1 and HQ+1/NQ+2 is approx. 15% fewer actions (actually 16.6667%)
    The difference between HQ+1/NQ+2 and HQ+2/NQ+3 is approx. 15% fewer actions (actually 14.4286%)
    The difference between HQ+2/NQ+3 and HQ+3/NQ+4 is 12.5% fewer actions
    ...and so on.

It's much easier to simply say that each HQ/materia increases the rate by 25%.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

A quick one before I head out.

I had two Aetheryte Ring HQs, one single melded, one with no melds. Fished until the melded one was at 100% bond. The other was at 80% bond.
    I had two Aetheryte Ring HQs, one double melded, one with no melds. Fished until the melded one was at 100% bond. The other one was at 70% bond.

I did the same thing with HQ and non HQ rings, both with no melds, and it came out to a 20% bonus as well.

I like to test with rings because you can test with the exact same items without worry of hidden variables between non-identical pieces. It does take longer this way though.

But we could also be seeing different results because you did yours with battle and I did mine fishing.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Were you wearing any other +spiritbond gear for those tests? Believe it or not, that will change your results.

Being completely naked except for those two ring tests...

Your first ring test should've been at 100% and ~83% (with a little wiggle room for whatever impact the +spiritbond on the rings has). This test is comparing a 150% bond rate with a 125% bond rate. (125/150 = .83333)

Your second ring test should've been at 100% and ~71% (again, with a little wiggle room). This test is comparing a 175% bond rate with a 125% bond rate. (125/175 = .71429)

Fun fact: If you spiritbond two identical rings at exactly the same time, they will reach maximum spiritbond 1 action (kill/synth/gather) apart.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Had a Gambler's Crown on. That's all.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Well, your 100%/80% result doesn't make any sense to me, but the 100%/70% one lines up well.

100%/80% is what I would expect if you did a NQ unmelded vs a NQ single-meld (100/125 = .8), but HQ unmelded vs HQ single-meld should've been 100%/83%. Depending on what kind of fish you were catching, I suppose it's possible that a lot of rounding error built up, but even I find that explanation highly unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by xopher View Post
    I like to test with rings because you can test with the exact same items without worry of hidden variables between non-identical pieces. It does take longer this way though.
    So do an identical test alongside your rings...? Do a test with a HQ unmelded iLv55 ring + HQ single-melded iLv55 ring, alongside an HQ unmelded iLv55 hat + HQ single-melded iLv55 body. You'll find everything of the same iLvl binds exactly the same (within one or two actions of each other -- I can't explain that discrepancy, but it even applies to identical rings as I've said above, so you're screwed either way). Once you've come to that conclusion, you can run a big ol' test like I did and it's much easier to plot all the data points.

Trying to figure out the raw workings of spiritbond while using/wearing +spiritbond gear is a Really Bad Idea, by the way. I actually had to redo all my initial testing, since people were discounting my results since I had been wearing Aetheryte Rings, and I didn't have concrete evidence stating how much they affected spiritbonding.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Where do you guys go for SBing? or do you stick to crafting/gathering?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Beastmen strongholds, Urth's Gift (SE of Quarrymill), Mor Dhona, any open-world Castrum, Northern Thanalan. I'm sure there are more areas.

If you have a group of eight, you can go into CM instance and pop mobs by standing in the search lights, etc.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Alright well I guess I'm going to not worry about testing it further then. I don't really putting in much more effort than that haha

Especially considering how useless money is currently >.>

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I know this question won't have an exact answer, but since I'll probably be spiritbonding gear once I finish leveling my crafting, about how long (even though this value would probably be different for killing enemies, gathering, and crafting) does it take to get gear to 100%? Might test this myself once I start doing so, but just curious if someone has already. =x

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

It took me approximately 214 Hippogryph Leather synths to fully bond HQ triple-melded (so +100% bond rate) iv55 LTW gear while wearing two Aetheryte Rings (+2 SB). I say approximately because spiritbonding is weird, and things have a tendency to bond 1 or 2 actions apart from one another, even if they're identical. Yes, I used Hippo leather, which means I had to sit there because quick synth isn't an option for 1+ star stuff. Yes, Mega-Ethers would be easier, but they also cost a shitload more shards.

A few notes about craft bonding:
    • You get less spiritbond if you're in a party (even if they're not in the same zone as you) so if you're doing crafting/gathering spiritbonding, be sure to do it solo.
    • Your stats shouldn't matter, so you should probably bond your class' iLv48 tool while you're at it and get some extra T3 materia.
    • The only iLv55 crafted belt is DoM-only so you're stuck using a Raptorskin Merch. Belt
    • There are no iLv55 crafting ears/neck, so I usually bond a Militia Earring and Imp. Op. Choker.

I tried to keep track of how many enemies it took to bond iLv55 gear while battling, but I always tend to lose count around 30. I've never used DoL for the explicit purpose of spiritbonding.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

excellent thread. i've been doing a lot of spiritbonding myself and everything lines up. i haven't done down to the individual action testing like you guys but the numbers line up as far as the advantages of using materia and hq go. one thing to note: again, using a small sample size of ~40 ilvl55 items, i've only got 1 lvl4 materia (and it was water!), so i may just be unlucky or that number maybe even lower than the suggested 10-15%.

also, the spiritbonding gain increase items seem to be pretty useless because they take up a slot for miniscule gains. if you're doing it for materia or money, you're better off using a bondable item in the slot instead.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kyata Rofii
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Any info on how the level of mobs you fight affects Spiritbonding?

Is it affected by (potential) exp gained from mobs, the level of said mobs, or simply constant for anything that would give a lv50 any exp at all?

It's a bit confusing since people mention killing pre-50s for Militia gear bonding which is ilv55. Yet ilv70 DL bond level doesn't budge before Coil.

Would be nice being able to farm some useful items while Spiritbonding.
    For example a lv40 Golden Fleece gives my choco 18 exp. Sucks I didn't pay attention last farming session I did on them.
    Guess I'll check it out when I get home later.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

FYI - Fishing for about 1.5-2 hours gives me a fully bonded i45 piece. i55 takes about 4 hours.

These are HQ double melds.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

FYI - Fishing for about 1.5-2 hours gives me a fully bonded i45 piece. i55 takes about 4 hours.

I concur, with those numbers, at least for the i45 piece.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Not a perfect test, since I did get distracted and did some FATEs that I probably should have ignored, but in 54 minutes (2 summons of my Chocobo), I got to 86% on double melded HQ ilvl 55 gear killing level 48-49 enemies solo as BLM + Chocobo.

edit: This is with 2 HQ Aetheryte Rings with their Spiritbond +1.

I'm doing a better test next set of gear I make though, I may have also started on level 47 enemies...

edit 2: Redid this test on just 48-49 enemies. Took me an hour and four minutes to get to 100% on gear under the same conditions as above.

It is much useful if you can tell what are the fish level on your major catches.
    I believed fish level affect the speed of SB. From my own eyeballing on my gears while I was fishing.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I can now confirm that the FC +spiritbond buff is equal to an extra materia on everything, so a +25% bond speed.

My current T4 conversion rate from iLv55 gear: 15/96, 15.6%
    (Surprisingly, only three of those were elemental shit)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast