1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 32 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 27 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 15 hours, 32 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 18 hours, 27 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

New dungeons will actually SB i90 gear, my allagan tank gear has been topping off while running them.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Neon Sea
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Oh wow i90 too? That is good news, I wanted to start crafting i90 stuff for fun but was worried I would never have a chance to SB them once done with them.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Is it worth it to craft the i70's for spiritbonding?

They cost upwards of 75k to make on my server, and Materia costs are like 25k for SS, 200k for Acc, 300k for Det/Crit, and 15k for any other junk. I mean, sure its worth it if you get crit/det/acc, but thats a 3 in 11 chance?

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Idk how it is on your server put the price of philo mats skyrocketed here. You may have to check again the worth of animal fat/coke/potash.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Hiryo View Post
    Idk how it is on your server put the price of philo mats skyrocketed here. You may have to check again the worth of animal fat/coke/potash.
    Its around 7k+ a piece. Even at that amount I can't imagine its profitable due to the amount of junk materia.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Hiryo View Post
    I'm guessing that's because the value of other items you could buy with GC seals went up, the distribution of that stuff went down.

Before 2.3, seals were generally around 1:1 exchange for gil depending on what you did. Post-2.3, people were (and to an extent still are) flipping GC furniture for 10:1.

Also I'm pleased because I have a bunch of animal fat that I bought prior to 2.3 lol

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Melchior Ballester
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

What are the chances an ilvl55 item turn into a T4 materia?
    Is it 10% like the 45-49 ones?

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

From my experience, it's closer to 5% but I do have some shitty luck. Buddy of mine during the same SB session had like 8 T4's out of the 10 he did

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Whats a good item level to get tier2/3 materia?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

i30~44 will net you mostly T2s with the occasional T3. The lower the iLevel, the faster it'll bind, so I suggest going as low as possible. I outfitted myself in Toadskin stuff by Bard could wear and did FATEs in Upper La Noscea (and some dungeons for other peoples' animus books) when I farmed up some T2s.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Harold Saxon
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    New dungeons will actually SB i90 gear, my allagan tank gear has been topping off while running them.
    How fast?

I'm trying to work out if its viable to use these to spiritbind given how Myth mats have crashed in price (they are cheaper to make than i70 crafted on Faerie)

I couldn't tell you really, I just noticed the pieces completing their SB.

My ring is still 80%, I'll try and make a note of how much it gains from my next run.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

With the new patch really screwing both the spirit bonding rates and rates of getting IVs, I was wondering if there is actually a way to get crafting IVs at all now? Don't know what gear that's available that is high enough to spirit bond crafting IVs now, and if there is, isn't the game forcing me to SB in dungeons to get it quickly/at all?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Unless you were spiritbonding crafting gear in dungeons (i.e. I want to murder your face), there's no change in crafting materia. Getting T4s has never been fast for me, but the recent changes will not change my rate of acquisition.

Protip: Do what I do. Make a set of crafting SB gear that you can use when making high-ish level ingredients. A full set of HQ Patricians, and the highest non-55 accessories. Need Electrum Ingots? Felt? Woolen Yarn/Cloth? Cobalt Ingots? Gemstones? Put on your SB set, and quick synth that shit. Easy money. 1-star synths you don't care about HQing (Hippo Leather / Twinthread)? Ing2 > CS2, done.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

From OF:
    Just tried a Brayflox HM (i55 dungeon) with iLvl 49, 45, 46 and 47 accessories equipped.

SB gain - zero. Even the i49 items. The range seems to be absurdly narrow for the effect of the new changes.
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...itations-facts

Sounds like AK / WP / Pharos are the only ones for sub-55 gear? Not sure.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Won't this new patch actually change your rate of acquisition if they changed it to where not even i70s are guaranteed to get IVs now? Would suggest to me that they changed the level gaps on IIIs and IVs. If they did this, would need much higher gear to SB into IVs.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Assuming the expert dungeons allow you to bond i90 stuff at a respectable speed, it should be fine or even better than before. i90 stuff is cheaper or equal to i70 stuff at this point.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I don't remember but I sure hope I didn't list my T4s for reasonable prices before going out of town.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Let me put my concern in a different way, if your sole goal was to SB gear for your best chance at Command IV materia, then what would you equip now? It was just hq patrician gear and lvl 45-55 accessories. Now, if they changed it to where i70 gear isn't even 100% to get a IV and probably bumped up the III/IV threshold, then doesn't it seem like there isn't any gear to actually SB and get Command IVs?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

There is literally no convertible i70+ crafting/gathering gear. If they did that, then crafting/gathering T4s would be gone completely (outside of goblin lottery), so I'm going to have to say no. i45~55 gear is likely still at it's ~5% T4 rate. Pending confirmation, of course.

Unfortunately, I exploded my DoH SB set a couple days ago, so I won't have another set complete to confirm for another week or so. I do have a DoL set at around 50% bond that I could finish off soon though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast