Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Now all we need to worry about is Sega being the parent company of Atlus now. They're some of the cheapest non risk taking jackasses in the business.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Good move on P5 being PS3. Not everyone will have a PS4 right away. Give it time to build first etc.

Also hope the 3DS game and vita game come stateside.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

It's kind of fitting that Persona 5 is the swan song for the PS3. (Kind of like how Persona 4 was the PS2's swan song... to me anyways).

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    Good move on P5 being PS3. Not everyone will have a PS4 right away. Give it time to build first etc.

well, by the time Persona 5 comes out in japan Ps4 will have been out for nearly a year. When NA gets it the ps4 will have been out for probably a year and a half.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    well, by the time Persona 5 comes out in japan Ps4 will have been out for nearly a year. When NA gets it the ps4 will have been out for probably a year and a half.
    NA Playstation 3 release: November 17, 2006
    NA Persona 4 release: December 9, 2008

We'll be okay with P5 on PS3.

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post

Considering Atlus didn't have a single RPG entry on consoles this generation, I would say it's the smart thing to do instead of jumping right into PS4.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

The p5 teaser looks super dark. I'm really looookg forward to this!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azull Abaddon
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Odesseiron View Post
    Now all we need to worry about is Sega being the parent company of Atlus now. They're some of the cheapest non risk taking jackasses in the business.
    They did do Valkyria Chronicles so there is hope.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Azull View Post
    They did do Valkyria Chronicles so there is hope.
    Their localization record with SoA is of more concern than any creative clampdown.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

How bout we make this just a persona general too?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Thank you Atlus, for not teasing us for months with an announcement for Persona 4-2 Hyper Max Championship Edition.
    Thank you Sega, for not being buggards yet with your new toy.
    Thank you Meguro and Hashino, for possibly trending on the darker side of P3 with P5.
    Thank you whoever, your idea to add Adachi to the next P4:Arena is genius.

I am so excited for P5 right now. What a great weekend between Zelda and these announcements.

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    Thank you Meguro and Hashino, for possibly trending on the darker side of P3 with P5.
    I thought P2 was the darkest of the series, and I hear P4A implies Nyarlethotep's return. Unless they are just keeping that strictly in the Arena games, I would assume he could be involved in P5?

I wonder if Adachi will be in a jail jump suit lol.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I'm not worried about SEGAs involvement to be honest. So for it looks like they are just gonna let Atlus be Atlus since they haven't been doing anything wrong. If anything SEGA may be throwing them more money then they are used to

Well, this is pretty much all I could ask for. Also, if SEGA does anything it might just be to help do QA/localisation and probably has nothing to do with actual development.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

SEGA's involvement with this series of announcements is already plain as day, the dancing game is basically a quick cash in to build on an audience they already had with Project Diva. They are otherwise going to let Index/Atlus do as they will with the main franchise, but expect more whoring out of the IP to strange spinoffs.

I would love to believe that, but... it has only been two months since SEGA Dream took over right? I have to sadly think that this was all Atlus... not that I think your outlook isn't likely for the future though. SEGA is great at ruining things lately.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Doombear View Post
    I would love to believe that, but... it has only been two months since SEGA Dream took over right? I have to sadly think that this was all Atlus... not that I think your outlook isn't likely for the future though. SEGA is great at ruining things lately.
    Or the exact opposite could have happened. Atlus might not have had any intention of announcing anything for a few more months, but Sega came in and might have said "Ok, we need to reassure people that this merger isn't going to change anything" and then Atlus started to set everything up.

In all honesty, announcements like this are normally found out DAYS after starting the countdown via copyright filings or IMDB entries, etc. Kudos to both companies for being able to keep everything close to the chest for so long. Made the announcements that much more worthwhile.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zane Farus
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Hitoshura View Post
    I thought P2 was the darkest of the series, and I hear P4A implies Nyarlethotep's return. Unless they are just keeping that strictly in the Arena games, I would assume he could be involved in P5?

I wonder if Adachi will be in a jail jump suit lol.
    P2 is, which was great.

I really hope the go back and make the game more like P2. Loved that game, also some better dungeon variation would be nice. P3 was pretty damn repetitive with the same layout every night.

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Better dungeon variation, (no more random generated) return to the 5 person party format, every character being able to summon/switch between ANY persona again to allow spell fusions, and an adult cast of characters would be fucking refreshing for once, I loved Eternal Punishment's.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Wait, Adachi's playable?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag