FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Katsura Hashino interview
    This weekend, Atlus shared a glimpse of Persona’s future, which included an RPG title for 3DS, a dancing rhythm game, more on Persona 4 Arena’s upcoming sequel, and finally a reveal for Persona 5. Series director Katsura Hashino shares some thoughts and info on the latest announcements in a Famitsu interview.

Famitsu begins by mentioning that it must’ve felt like it was due time for the Persona team to make a new announcement since they revealed Persona 4: The Ultimate Suplex Hold this summer.

“Yes, this past year or so, we’ve caused you fans who’ve been supporting Atlus to worry, and we haven’t been able to find the right timing to bring you any announcements, so we truly apologize for that,” explains Hashino. “With the thought of being able to present a new game to you all soon, we zealously continued development, and are very grateful to have been able to make such an announcement this time!”

Next, Famitsu asks if the Persona producer and director could share a few words on the recently announced Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth, which they say appears to be a new Persona RPG with elements from the Etrian Odyssey series.

“Just like the experiment of making a fighting game based off the Persona series in Persona 4 Arena, which was also well received by fans, the plan of making Persona Q came from wanting a game that could bring further joy from an even more ‘unexpected element’,” shares Hashino. “This will be the first title the Persona team will be making for Nintendo 3DS, and we also have Etrian Odyssey that represents Atlus for the 3DS, and we’ll be using its system as part of a ‘festive’ collaboration mindset in the development for Persona Q.”

“While we are implementing Etrian Odyssey’s system into it, just as the name implies, Persona Q will be a completely new title, but first and foremost, it’ll be for the fans of the Persona series,” emphasizes Hashino, when asked about what kind of game system we can expect from it. “However, since next year will be the 25th anniversary of the Atlus brand, we’d also like to use this opportunity to spread the essence from other titles apart from the Persona titles.”

After having announced several new titles earlier this weekend, Famitsu asks about how far have they progressed in the development of the games.

“Persona Q is just entering its testing phase, and we’re currently polishing its contents,” says Hashino. “As for Persona 4: The Ultimate Suplex Hold, the folks from Arc System Works are helping out, and the development progress is going very smoothly. By summer of next year, we’ll be delivering a very voluminous PlayStation 3 version.”

“Persona 4: Dancing All Night, too, is pretty much done for the most part, but we’re about to make more dances and events for it,” continues Hashino. “We, the Persona team, along with Arc System Works, and Dingo, are strongly focusing on our objectives and giving everything we got to meet your expectations, and we’ll continue doing so!”

Famitsu then asks Hashino to share a little on the Persona series’ newest main-numbered title, which was finally revealed.

“We’ve kept you waiting. The title will be Persona 5, a proper main-numbered game of the series,” says Hashino. “Continuing from the previous Persona 4, I will be the director, Soejima (Shigenori) will be in charge of character designs, and Meguro (Shoji) will be composing the soundtrack.”

Finally, Hashino shares a message for the fans:

I truly apologized for the delayed announcement! The development staff are working together as one in hopes of making each title something that can leave you with pleasant memories. Again, we will keep making games for you fans who continue sharing your love for the games we make, so thank you very much for your ongoing support!
    Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth will be coming out June 5th, 2014 for Nintendo 3DS; Persona 4: Dancing All Night in fall 2014 for PlayStation Vita; Persona 4: The Ultimax Suplex Hold for PlayStation 3 in summer 2014, and Persona 5 for PlayStation 3 next winter.
    http://www.siliconera.com/2013/11/25...ancing-future/
    http://www.famitsu.com/news/201311/24043514.html

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I am so fucking excited aaaaah!

Nice. I can't wait to see the style of music Shoji uses in P5. He seems to have some sort of theme in each one.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

All the waiting is forgiven ATLUS...

Make sure to launch all these for NA so I can buy them all. :3

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I am so excited for the 3ds EO styled one. That game eats away my time, so that mixed with Persona is gonna have me in a trance for awhile lol.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I am very excited about all of these games but I am very disappointed with the P5 "announcement". It was confirmed in 2011 that P5 was in development for PS3. I think they could have given us a bit more than a color scheme and a teaser image.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by xopher View Post
    I am very excited about all of these games but I am very disappointed with the P5 "announcement". It was confirmed in 2011 that P5 was in development for PS3. I think they could have given us a bit more than a color scheme and a teaser image.
    For a game a year off, they could have shown a lot more. So I agree I was a bit disappointed w/ this

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by xopher View Post
    They promised a ton of Atlus news at E3, which means they'll probably have a famitsu/dengeki spread in the coming months, so you won't have long to wait for media.

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

This week’s Dengeki PlayStation has first details on the Sunday-announced Persona 5.

The chairs and chains shown in the announcement teaser are located at a senior high school, according to the magazine. These make up the theme of Persona 5.

It’s described as an RPG that contains a message like a cathartic yell to overcome trials and break free from your chains.

The game will continue to adapt the series’ juvenile high school setting, but the atmosphere will be completely different.

Atlus promises the game will offer a sense of realism, including life-sized characters and a story built from a new world and values.
    http://gematsu.com/2013/11/persona-5...ent-atmosphere

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

The game will continue to adapt the series’ juvenile high school setting
    Lame, but aside from that should be good.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I'm a final fantasy fan, gf loves persona. Told her and she went nuts. 2014 winter is in a few months ?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Hitoshura View Post
    I thought P2 was the darkest of the series, and I hear P4A implies Nyarlethotep's return. Unless they are just keeping that strictly in the Arena games, I would assume he could be involved in P5?

I wonder if Adachi will be in a jail jump suit lol.
    The Answers was pretty dark. The Journey, not so much. Haven't played P2 yet so can't comment on that, sold my PSP awhile back.

Screenies show Adachi in his detective suit, but they should totally put him in a jumpsuit with handcuffs.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Too chibi for me.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Can we either get a P5 thread, or make this the P5 thread, so I stop seeing the "Persona 5" in the thread title getting bumped with non-p5 news

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Doesn't matter to me.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Persona Stalker Club live show beginning February 28th
    http://gematsu.com/wp-content/upload...talkerClub.jpg
    Atlus will begin broadcasting “Persona Stalker Club,” a Persona-themed talk variety show, starting February 28 through the Persona Channel, the company announced.

After the success of last November’s live stream, during which they announced Persona Q, Persona 4: The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold, Persona 4: Dancing All Night, and Persona 5, Atlus decided to make a regular program.

Next week’s debut episode will feature voice actress (and huge Persona fan) Isomura Tomomi (Isocchi) and freelance writer Mafia Kajita. Together, they will explore various aspects of the Persona world, comment on listeners’ contributions, investigate on the series’ charm, and possibly reveal some new information about upcoming games.

The live show will be streamed on Nico Nico.
    http://gematsu.com/2014/02/persona-t...rt-february-28
    http://p-ch.jp/news/detail/?nid=62

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Persona trailers translated in English - http://www.youtube.com/user/bobrossfreak/videos

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

A message from Katsura Hashino

Hello, this is Hashino of the Persona Team.

I have a feeling that some might ask, “why these two?” but [I’m glad] I was able to get such genuine people. While there are many shows for games, [these two] know their products, play them, love them, and above all, they can clearly express themselves.

I believe that having such people as our two hosts will further spread the excitement, and maybe become part of the community… at least that’s what I hope for.

The concept behind the program is “audience participation with the player community, and respecting the perspective of all fans”. If it weren’t for us being able to persuade the two hosts, this most likely would’ve never happened.

Our territory lies within game development, but we had this ridiculous request of wanting to have something that could make fans happy and we had plans and ideas for a “super lighthearted program” where anything could happen. And these two are really wonderful people, so I’m really grateful that they’ve accepted this.

On our side, we were able to make small contributions such as helping them out with the program’s logo and costume designs. The two hosts have a very “punk” impression, so we’ve included that vibe to [the costumes], too. Soejima (Shigenori) looked like he had a lot of fun while drawing them, but I was also very touched by the love and affection shown by the others in production. I would like to take this opportunity to thank them all.

I hope that one day this will become one of the more popular shows, and it’ll be up to you fans as to how far it will continue, so please check it out for yourselves.

As far as the development side of things go, our company has had many changes, and it looks like we, together as Atlus’ development teams, will finally be able to have things calm down starting this Spring. We will continue where we left off and work hard on developing our products.

One last thing.

I’d like to share my thoughts on all of you who’ve always voiced your support. Thank you very much. I’d like to continue making things that you all like, for as long as possible, and thank you for supporting all the titles that will be headed your way!

Atlus and Persona team

Chief Director & Creative Producer

Katsura Hashino
    http://www.siliconera.com/2014/03/05...sona-director/
    http://p-ch.jp/news/detail/?nid=67

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Interview with Chie NA VA Erin Fitzgerald

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

P3 Movie #1: Spring of Birth coming to NA, $100 CE / $80 Standard
    http://www.aniplexusa.com/p3m/files/...image_2255.png
    May 20th will see the release of the English-language version of Persona 3 the Movie #1: Spring of Birth. Aniplex have released an English trailer for the movie, which you can watch above, and have also confirmed a collector’s edition release.

The collector’s edition will include the following items:

• Soundtrack CD (including “More Than One Heart” by Yumi Kawamura)
    • Exclusive box art by Keisuke Watabe (character designer/animation director)
    • Newly illustrated cover art
    • 48-page Deluxe Booklet with English translation
    • 10 “Super P3 Stickers”
    • 4 Key art illustration cards

Meanwhile, both the standard and collector’s editions will include bonus content on the Blu-Ray disc, but this appears to be rather underwhelming. The major piece of bonus content included in both versions is audio commentary, but this will not be subtitled in English. Additionally, there is no English dub for the movie at all.

The collector’s edition will retail for $99.98, although Aniplex will sell it for $79.98. Meanwhile, the standard edition will retail for $74.98, but Aniplex will sell it for $59.98. Both versions are imports.
    http://www.siliconera.com/2014/04/08...e-on-may-20th/
    http://www.aniplexusa.com/p3m/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag