+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 111 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 100 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    anyone have an education guess on which coinbase currency I can expect to retain the most value (or even go up!) over the next 7 days? bout to transfer over some racks and don't want to get Archi'd.
    Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    I'm a firm believer in ETH out of the 4.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Seconded for ETH.

ETH is not only typically the most stable, but you have very low fees & fast transaction times for when you convert the ETH into something else.

Plus, IMO is also ETH the most valuable of the four as a bonus.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Anyone know specifics on how taxing cryptocurrency works now? Who tracks it? Is binance subject to American tax laws? Man, I think this will be the first year I don't do my own taxes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by RKenshin View Post
    Seconded for ETH.

ETH is not only typically the most stable, but you have very low fees & fast transaction times for when you convert the ETH into something else.

Plus, IMO is also ETH the most valuable of the four as a bonus.
    thx, ryko

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm not sure what happened but I can't use the 25/50/75/100% buttons to sell on the binance app anymore

thx, ryko
    harrrr, the old days...

Should have Ryko update his lolLJ on crypto.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fondue View Post
    I'm not sure what happened but I can't use the 25/50/75/100% buttons to sell on the binance app anymore
    It glitches for me all the damn time. Half the time when I'm selling it bring up my btc holdings instead of the currency I want to trade. My only solution is to kill all my apps and restart, that usually fixes it.

Tekki's Bitch
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

DO WE HAVE ANY OTHER ETH SUPPORT?
    cosigning.

Also in my gut I am believing more and more that when coinbase adds coins this january xlm may actually be among them and not just xrp.

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Anyone know specifics on how taxing cryptocurrency works now? Who tracks it? Is binance subject to American tax laws? Man, I think this will be the first year I don't do my own taxes.

Cryptocurrency is taxed exactly the same as any other investment right now.

Buy and sell it within <1-year and it's a short-term gain that is taxed at your current federal income tax bracket rate. Say you made $50k/year in 2017, then you're in the 25% tax bracket, and proceeds from investment profits are directly taxed at 25%. Likewise, losses will reduce your taxable income dollar for dollar.

Buy and sell it in longer than 1-year and it's a long-term gain, which for most tax-payers is a straight 15% tax rate.

There's talk about whether the IRS will consider any exchange of crypto currency a taxable event (ex: buying ETH with BTC), but that would be ridiculous and overly complex. The only thing I would really concern yourself with is if/when you convert to USD, as that is absolutely taxable.

I advice reporting any realized income (conversions to USD) and keeping records though, because the IRS will eventually catch up. Ex: Coinbase was been subpoenaed for a history of all transactions over $20,000 between 2013-2015. Though, that's the only thing they've done so far.

The official IRS write-up is here:
    https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-drop/n-14-21.pdf

Unfortunately, Coinbase nor any other website is going to make it easy for you and send over a 1099 with all your gains/losses/etc... so again, you kind of have to keep your own records. Just know how much USD you've put in and how much you've taken out.

This website is also a good way to keep track of things and/or generate your own forms, for bitcoin or any other altcoins:
    https://bitcoin.tax/

What Binance app are you guys using?

I don't see one in the App Store, or is there not one for iOS?

The Anti Miz

BG Level

so now that i've got like 6 racks invested, is my money safe in binance or do i need a ledger?

The Anti Miz

BG Level

What Binance app are you guys using?

I don't see one in the App Store, or is there not one for iOS?
    you have to DL it from some website i think, my phone doesnt let me use it so i just use the binance mobile website

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Android only broski. Thanks for the write up.

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

There's talk about whether the IRS will consider any exchange of crypto currency a taxable event (ex: buying ETH with BTC), but that would be ridiculous and overly complex. The only thing I would really concern yourself with is if/when you convert to USD, as that is absolutely taxable.

Bruh, this was passed into law on january 1st when they specified that like-kind exchanges only applied to real estate, and yes it's overly complex but since they are all 70yrs old and don't know what it actually is they don't realize that.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...under-gop-plan

http://bitcoinist.com/cryptocurrency...ose-tax-break/

thanks trump

Quote Originally Posted by thetruepandagod View Post
    Bruh, this was passed into law on january 1st when they specified that like-kind exchanges only applied to real estate, and yes it's overly complex but since they are all 70yrs old and don't know what it actually is they don't realize that.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...under-gop-plan

http://bitcoinist.com/cryptocurrency...ose-tax-break/
    Heads up that cointracking.info has a tax section to help with this. It includes taxable profits from coin to coin transactions.

On this note does this mean that since I haven't traded anything this year that I'm good for coin to coin trading since this only was implemented on the first of this year? Or is it retroactive.

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    Heads up that cointracking.info has a tax section to help with this. It includes taxable profits from coin to coin transactions.
    U mean cointracking puts everything in a nice easy place for the IRS to find, TRY AGAIN MR TAXMAN

It is not retroactive, and probably why you saw so much money pulled out of crypto in the very last days of 2017.

U mean cointracking puts everything in a nice easy place for the IRS to find, TRY AGAIN MR TAXMAN

It is not retroactive, and probably why you saw so much money pulled out of crypto in the very last days of 2017.
    Sounds good to me. I really like my current portfolio and have no plans to touch it for a while.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Buying back into XLM at 95000/ETH after selling at 79000 sucks but oh well.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

How tf do you even establish value on alt-coins when they literally can't be exchanged for USD on the market?

One cow was worth two horses, and each horse was worth $500, so the cow was worth $1000. But it was also worth 110 chickens, which were $10 each, so maybe the cow was worth $1100?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag