BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Skyylya View Post
    Serious question, if Tron is such crap why is it still the highest volume traded coin against btc and eth? I know whats in the news, just not sure why is being traded so much still.
    Same reason that Bitconnect still went up after being outed as a scam.

People are dumb.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

SO DUMB

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Well cryptodoggies comes out tomorrow supposedly...might be worth putting $50 into trx just to see what happens and have skin in the game.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

PLEASE STOP ME BG

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

If you were even thinking about it you should've done it during the BTC dip when TRX was in the 400s.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I know but at this rate it might at least drop to the 600s lololol

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I know bitconnect just had a huge scandal but the technology is solid and its already on a lot of exchanges

I'm going all in

This boy is either retarded or hacked or something.
    The comments on his posts about buying bitconnect coins all say hes not sent btc payment in return lol nice

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Xrp for life!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Fondue View Post
    I know bitconnect just had a huge scandal but the technology is solid and its already on a lot of exchanges

I'm going all in

This boy is either retarded or hacked or something.
    The comments on his posts about buying bitconnect coins all say hes not sent btc payment in return lol nice
    If people fell for a scam once they're gonna be good targets to get targeted for another scam, lol.

Certified Enhancement Shaman
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meph Taru
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos

I'm seriously contemplating removing all bookmarks regarding crypto and just check the status once a year or something.
    Got my Ledger Nano S last week, gonna transfer and bury in a forest, draw a map with a large X.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Aww yeah boys

https://youtu.be/pAgnJDJN4VA

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

So Bitmainer is released an ASIC that mines specifically Sia. This release is happening like...in a week or so. That's months ahead of the "official" ASIC from the devs of Siacoin. The bitmainer ASICs are less efficient but come out so much sooner than Obelisk, the other asic, that the coin might not be worth mining by the time they come out. The dev might do a hardfork and make it so the bitmainer units won't work with the coin, part of the community wants to flip if they do, it's a giant clusterfuck. If the market is about to get flooded with siacoin, I'm assuming the price will drop quickly. I might just bow out until this thing blows over and I can assess the damage and which forked coin is the real siacoin lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Fondue View Post
    waow I was thinking about getting a sia asic but dam son I think that boat is gone

https://www.reddit.com/r/siacoin/com..._to_15000_a3s/

Bitmain launched a (sold out) sia miner this week that ships within 10 days rip in pieces obelisk

Looks like they sold 21,000 of them lel
    Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    GPU mining for sia gonna be worth jack shit by the time they're done...unless price jumps up obscenly...

Yeah, GPU mining will be 100% useless the second more than a few hundred ASICs are on the network; each ASIC is equivalent to 100+ GPUs. This is what happened with Bitcoin after ASICs.

And with the way Bitmain produces and oversells ASICs, by the time the Obelisk is released the network will be so over-saturated with miners that Obelisk purchasers likely won't ever hit ROI. So it's no longer a good investment, and previous purchases are likely screwed (yaaay for me!)

Overall, ASICs are good for the network as they increase the security and reduce the chances of a 51% attack drastically, but it also depends on the ASIC producer... and unfortunately Bitmain has a terrible reputation for being irresponsible with their selling practices and hostile towards the crypto community.

A soft fork to change the mining algorithm and invalidate Bitmain's hardware seems very possible though. The Obelisk was designed with this in mind, because they anticipated a potentially hostile move like this, so the Sia community could actually do this without invalidating the Obelisk. I've been hanging in the discord and following the updates from the major devs & members of the community, and all of the devs and ~65% of the core community is against Bitmain's 'hostile takeover of the network.'

I'm feeling pretty sure there will be a fork, but probably not until closer to the release date of the Obelisk. This type of fork would create two different versions of the Sia coin, one likely supported by the Bitmain S3 owners & fractured parts of the Sia community and the other supported by Devs and the larger part of the community. The former coin will quickly die out without its own dev team though, and it's unlikely anyone would do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    So Bitmainer is released an ASIC that mines specifically Sia. This release is happening like...in a week or so. That's months ahead of the "official" ASIC from the devs of Siacoin. The bitmainer ASICs are less efficient but come out so much sooner than Obelisk, the other asic, that the coin might not be worth mining by the time they come out. The dev might do a hardfork and make it so the bitmainer units won't work with the coin, part of the community wants to flip if they do, it's a giant clusterfuck. If the market is about to get flooded with siacoin, I'm assuming the price will drop quickly. I might just bow out until this thing blows over and I can assess the damage and which forked coin is the real siacoin lol.
    ASIC mining does not increase the supply. The number of coins produced from a given coin is fixed mathematically, ASICs merely concentrate those rewards into fewer hands.

The division within the community could hurt the future price movements, but on the other hand this is creating a lot of extra free attention. Sia is a relatively unknown coin, and now it's being talked about everywhere due to the new ASIC release, it being on Bitmain's main page, it being one of the only ~5 coins they have produced an ASIC for, and all the news surrounding this 'drama.'

When Bitmain released an ASIC for Dash coin this summer, the price doubled & tripled shortly thereafter. No clue if the same thing will happen here, but I'm definitely holding for the ride.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Aw shit I didn't know it worked like that. THERE REALLY AIN'T NO GETTING OFF THIS TRAIN

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Let's talk about Bitcoins BG, We're doomed!!! The Sky is Falling!!!!!

A few buddies are super bullish with btc. One thinks it’ll it $30k another days $50k per coin. Think it’ll happen this year?

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

No.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Speaking of mining AMD and NVidia are considering creating mining only GPUs with no video output priced lower than their video output counterparts as a way to allow gamers to have access to GPUs without paying insane prices.

This could have interesting implications outside mining for people building a video editing rigs as they could install multiple GPUs without the need for output on each and the cards could be leveraged for rendering power.

Quote Originally Posted by vagus View Post
    A few buddies are super bullish with btc. One thinks it’ll it $30k another days $50k per coin. Think it’ll happen this year?
    The only value behind BTC is the popularity in name recognition, and it being the central currency for trading between other coins. Which, the latter is phasing out more and more every week. Otherwise, it's the worst at everything it does (transaction times, fees, etc.).

BTC won't be going away anytime soon (if ever), but I see no reason for it to grow substantially more than it has already.

Quote Originally Posted by TummieGaruda View Post
    Speaking of mining AMD and NVidia are considering creating mining only GPUs with no video output priced lower than their video output counterparts as a way to allow gamers to have access to GPUs without paying insane prices.

This could have interesting implications outside mining for people building a video editing rigs as they could install multiple GPUs without the need for output on each and the cards could be leveraged for rendering power.
    A good idea, but unlikely to change anything.

As is, they can't produce GPUs fast enough to keep stock. Miner cards would just sell out instantly and then miners would go back to buying any GPU they can find.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by RKenshin View Post
    The only value behind BTC is the popularity in name recognition, and it being the central currency for trading between other coins. Which, the latter is phasing out more and more every week. Otherwise, it's the worst at everything it does (transaction times, fees, etc.).

BTC won't be going away anytime soon (if ever), but I see no reason for it to grow substantially more than it has already.
    ^

Bitcoin is trash other than name recognition.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag