Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeota Fourier
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

He went from less than 5k Twitter followers yesterday to just over 25k.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Finally found a use for cryptocurrencies

https://goatse.cx/

(SFW)

(no, really)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

The idea is interesting, but proper memes are lightning in a bottle, not something that can be created with intent.
    and we haven't had a good one in a very long time...

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Day View Post
    It was only a matter of time. I can see sites adopting this in the future...

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Man this thread really fell off. How're we doing, when do we buy this dip?

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

rofl

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

If you've been watching the candles you could day trade to some profits, but there's no mooning going on so the hype is gone atm. Lots of regulation going around too so it's turned into a waiting game for when the dust settles. I think S. Korea was almost done figuring out what they want to do, but I read a story that one of the people working on it turned up dead in his apartment so yeah I'm sure they're just taking there time.

Also someone proved s. Korea was buying the dip and selling high as they put out news reports. It's either inside trading or the gov is in on it, and normally I don't buy into conspiracies but for awhile S. Korea was literally run by a cult so now idk which way is up or down.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Certified Enhancement Shaman
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meph Taru
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos

I just put everything on a NANO S and buried it

Is the sky still falling or is it done?

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

nah fam, still fallin

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

It's actually up from the January low, and keeps creeping over 10-11k, but it's not holding above five figures atm.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I've made a decent amount just swinging up and down for the past few weeks. Shit is relatively easy to work with even when the market is down.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...e-banking-cops

Some real gems:

“The fact that he’s willing to take an advisory role with us is a sign that we pass a certain level of due diligence,” Omega One’s chief executive officer, Alex Gordon-Brander, said of Chilton.
    LOL

Crypto firms are likely to keep hiring regulatory experts to legitimize themselves, said Dave Weisberger, CEO of CoinRoutes, a cryptocurrency data and order routing company. Still, potential investors shouldn’t assume it makes firms a safe bet, he said.

“If putting someone on the advisory board convinces investors that it decreases the regulatory risk of a product they’d be sorely mistaken,” Weisberger said. “There are a lot of people who could be fooled into thinking it gives them more air cover.”
    At least they are learning the game a little better now.

Days before Omega One announced his hire, Chilton said he wished he had invested in Bitcoin and its major rivals years earlier -- back when he was warning people as a CFTC commissioner to be careful while calling for more regulation. Generally, the wild price fluctuations are “mellowing out,” he told CNBC on Jan. 11.
    Bahahahahahahahaa

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...e-crypto-coins

This seems like a bad thing.

As someone who works in a certain industry. I'm not allowed to trade in that industry at all, due to inside market knowledge. Shouldn't officials be subject to that same stringent regulation?

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Yeah but people do it all the time when they find a way around via third party or otherwise. Lets not pretend wall street doesnt get away with it constantly.

Coins are just hard to regulate like that cause by design they're supposed to make it hard to trace and prove where the transaction came from. Even if you think you know which wallet belongs to a person, they can literally and effortlessly just create a new wallet, make a handful of trades, and suddenly the trail is cold again. There needs to be regulation, but if you're trying to regulate like these grandpas you're not gonna do it effectively.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Yeah but people do it all the time when they find a way around via third party or otherwise. Lets not pretend wall street doesnt get away with it constantly.

Coins are just hard to regulate like that cause by design they're supposed to make it hard to trace and prove where the transaction came from. Even if you think you know which wallet belongs to a person, they can literally and effortlessly just create a new wallet, make a handful of trades, and suddenly the trail is cold again. There needs to be regulation, but if you're trying to regulate like these grandpas you're not gonna do it effectively.

They don't get away with it constantly, you clearly have no clue how internal controls are used these days and how insane the oversight is.

"hard to trace" "effortlessly create a new wallet" That doesn't just SCREAM money laundering does it?

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

You're right I dont know much about insider trading. I just read the news articles of people getting caught kinda sorta insider trading, especially the ones where they get away with it. I'd sincerely like to know how they do anything to stop a random grunt from telling his cousin that his company fucked up and should sell his stock. This goes double for companies that hide it for months or years before publicly releasing info like that.

And yes, it does scream money laundering. That's one of the whole points to what it originally was. Shit son I know you know how popular crypto was with black market trades, especially drugs. I'm not saying there isn't a good reason for it, I'm saying by design it was created to be difficult to do. Why that difficulty means they just won't bother to try and prevent insider trading is beyond me, but it probably has something to do with grandpas creating the legislation.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    You're right I dont know much about insider trading. I just read the news articles of people getting caught kinda sorta insider trading, especially the ones where they get away with it. I'd sincerely like to know how they do anything to stop a random grunt from telling his cousin that his company fucked up and should sell his stock. This goes double for companies that hide it for months or years before publicly releasing info like that.

And yes, it does scream money laundering. That's one of the whole points to what it originally was. Shit son I know you know how popular crypto was with black market trades, especially drugs. I'm not saying there isn't a good reason for it, I'm saying by design it was created to be difficult to do. Why that difficulty means they just won't bother to try and prevent insider trading is beyond me, but it probably has something to do with grandpas creating the legislation.

They monitor every emails, they monitor your investments. The SEC watches every equity trade, as do watchdog groups as well as internal controllers.

The idiots that actually try to do it end up getting caught. Always.

You're just excusing people insider trading because you think it happens all the time as well, which is fucking retarded. "Oh man everyone just does it so it's ok that everyone does it."

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Im not saying its ok, im saying people do get away with it, or are caught but for some reason no charges are filed. I'll post the next news article I see on it and ask wtf happened cause apparently the SEC is another name for the NSA and they monitor all texts, personal emails, etc, from all employees down to the interns. Just seems like a tall order and a situation where a person could literally go to thanksgiving dinner and tell his family to sell their Intel stock cause there's this one undiscovered bug they're trying to hide and it'll eventually come out so just sell now. Or they go on a video game forum and say they heard a rumor that this company got hacked and lost a bunch of data. Do they know all relevant aliases for anyone who could potentially do insider trading? Or do they just stick to emails from the employers domain? These situations, for every employee in every company listed on an American exchange? Idk bro, maybe you're right and the SEC has a firm grip on the situation.

As related to crypto, I don't think anyone has a good idea for how to regulate a market that exploded in part because of how easy it is to anonymously move funds around. It's a new type of market, I'm shocked that people are shocked that old rules don't translate as well in the space.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag