+ Reply to Thread
Page 93 of 111 FirstFirst ... 43 83 91 92 93 94 95 103 ... LastLast
    Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Fuck, you (yourself) could literally make a sock and post from a public wifi connection that so and so company fucked up and it's not public yet and they'd be hard pressed to track it back to you. Maybe we're talking past each other but making rules against it and it actually not happening are two totally different things.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

You really have no idea how internal controls work.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah how about the Intel CEO selling 24 million in stocks before publicly disclosing issues? Thats just smart business

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Fuck, you (yourself) could literally make a sock and post from a public wifi connection that so and so company fucked up and it's not public yet and they'd be hard pressed to track it back to you. Maybe we're talking past each other but making rules against it and it actually not happening are two totally different things.

Also this isn't insider trading, it's whistleblowing.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

So if I snitch on the reason why a stock will tank, but not that a stock will tank, that's not insider trading? And that doesn't SCREAM insider trading loophole as large as the gun show loophole?

Lol

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

You aren't trading on it you fucking idiot.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

You're just breaking your company's NDA.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

You are literally describing how someone with insider knowledge can instruct someone, on their behalf, to trade and get away with it. And then saying the SEC has shit like that on lockdown. Idgi.

In relation to crypto, you could do the exact same thing only you don't have to, one because they made it legal to do so, and two because they'd have a hard time enforcing it when you have a hard time tracking where the money went to. Two markets, same possibility for the same shenanigans to happen. I'm not saying its kosher, I'm saying what else is new?

https://www.fool.com/investing/2017/...-of-stock.aspx

Intel's CEO did similar shenanigans, but I don't see the SEC busting his chops. I think it's wild that employees can buy shares at a reduced price then immediately resell them at market price, but the SEC is cool with this so whatever that's another issue. I bring this up because Intel sat on info about a hardware bug that affects decades worth of processors, something that did affect stock price, but the CEO doesn't get shit for selling stocks and holding the bare minimum necessary for his position? That isn't insider trading?

Maybe my hangup is on labels, but if your concern is unscrupulous transactions well then something something glass houses.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

So if I snitch on the reason why a stock will tank, but not that a stock will tank, that's not insider trading? And that doesn't SCREAM insider trading loophole as large as the gun show loophole?

Lol

This is whistleblowing. I'm not sure how much more clear to be.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    You aren't trading on it you fucking idiot.
    he stated repeatedly "suggesting your cousin sell his stocks before a public announcement" and you "using free WiFi to manipulate something"

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I gave an actual, recent example above. Apparently were talking semantics, cause you say whistleblowing, I say telling people why they should adjust their investments. Or in the above example case, you just tell the SEC you're selling stock but omit the fact that it's because your company is trying to hide an exploit that will assuradly affect their stock price.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Just seems like a tall order and a situation where a person could literally go to thanksgiving dinner and tell his family to sell their Intel stock cause there's this one undiscovered bug they're trying to hide and it'll eventually come out so just sell now.
    This is insider trading. If someone did this, they would very likely get caught. All trades are reported to the SEC via TRACE or other reporting companies. Trades within a certain window of important information hitting public knowledge are very closely monitored.

Or they go on a video game forum and say they heard a rumor that this company got hacked and lost a bunch of data.
    If the information is true and insider knowledge, the person disseminating it would be guilty of breach of contract. If it's not true and they trade on the information, it's fraud.

Do they know all relevant aliases for anyone who could potentially do insider trading? Or do they just stick to emails from the employers domain? These situations, for every employee in every company listed on an American exchange? Idk bro, maybe you're right and the SEC has a firm grip on the situation.
    We're talking about people with MARKET SENSITIVE insider information. There are far less of these than you would think. They are definitely monitored and have to report all their trading activity. I am one of these people. I know how the system works. Companies vet the fuck out of people to avoid the possibility of some jaggoff talking to his fucking cousin about shit. Does it happen? Yes. Does it happen every day? No. Almost everyone who does it is caught very easily because of the nature of market reporting.

As related to crypto, I don't think anyone has a good idea for how to regulate a market that exploded in part because of how easy it is to anonymously move funds around. It's a new type of market, I'm shocked that people are shocked that old rules don't translate as well in the space.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I won't say they're regulating crypto correctly based on the article you posted Zet, but let's not pretend wall street is properly regulated either.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

"Does it happen every day? No"

Who are you trying to trick here lul

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I'm not trying to trick anyone. You all seem to have this view that literally everyone on Wall Street is some shyster fucking shitbag.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Who determines what is market sensitive info? I'd think a security flaw affecting all intel cpus for the past couple decades as pretty market sensitive, but here we are.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    I'm not trying to trick anyone. You all seem to have this view that literally everyone on Wall Street is some shyster fucking shitbag.
    No, but you seem to think everyone in crypto is. I'm just pointing out that unscrupulous people do unscrupulous things regardless of the market or its rules.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Hey man, people don't insider trade, insider traders inside trade.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

No, but you think everyone in crypto is. I'm just pointing out that unscrupulous people do unscrupulous things regardless of the market or its rules.

Did I say anywhere that everyone in crypto is a shitbag? Nope. I've repeatedly said I love blockchain technology and what distributed ledger systems will do to even further improve the financial systems in this country.

I hate the currencies. They aren't currencies but rather some pseudo-IPO/commodity with no intrinsic value.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag