FFXI Server
    Odin

No, some other thing.

Tekki's Bitch
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    No, some other thing.
    free money tokens mirite, i'm disappointed in you though zet, you have missed so much free money.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by thetruepandagod View Post
    free money tokens mirite, i'm disappointed in you though zet, you have missed so much free money.
    Having worked in risk management, I have zero regrets about my choice to avoid the whole thing. Bitcoin might be up like 10,000% but I'm up nearly 300% in the same time period with comparatively low risk and I don't have to check anything.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Oh and I don't have to worry about the inevitable tax disaster that is going to follow this.

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

Having worked in risk management, I have zero regrets about my choice to avoid the whole thing. Bitcoin might be up like 10,000% but I'm up nearly 300% in the same time period with comparatively low risk and I don't have to check anything.
    I am certain that you had at least 1K you could have written off for experiments sake though.

Oh and I don't have to worry about the inevitable tax disaster that is going to follow this.
    Tax issues weren't even on radar until recently as well, as well as selling via localbitcoins to avoid them for sake of laziness.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Where are you buying Ltc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

I'm not at the moment, ain't jumpin in on it at 230 when it was 90 4 days ago. Focusing on coins that are sub 2$, aiming to hit 1millionarios by next christmas off these pumps. You can buy them off coinbase easy enough though.

Word round the rumor mill is that xmr might be hitting coinbase in the near future.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by vagus View Post
    Where are you buying Ltc?

Coinbase

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

You can buy LTC on coinbase, or you can use one of the various exchanges and buy/transfer in bitcoin and exchange out to LTC. I think Litecoin has some great potential for a huge run next year which depends on the LTC team hitting their milestones. Panda is right though; usually better to get in on sub $2 coins especially ones with a low enough max circulating supply.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

If I wanted to get in on the ground floor of some of these sub $2 coins, which would people recommend? I fall into the category of people who unloaded their BTC like 15 fucking years ago because they didn't understand how the world worked. I'm interested enough in this to play in the ultra kiddie end of this pool and just see what happens.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    If I wanted to get in on the ground floor of some of these sub $2 coins, which would people recommend? I fall into the category of people who unloaded their BTC like 15 fucking years ago because they didn't understand how the world worked. I'm interested enough in this to play in the ultra kiddie end of this pool and just see what happens.
    I bought a few hundred Cardano (ADA) a few weeks ago at $0.11 but it hasn't moved much.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I just signed up for Coinbase out of curiosity, but it looks they only deal in ETH/LTC/BTC? Is there a good site for the cheaper coins?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I just signed up for Coinbase out of curiosity, but it looks they only deal in ETH/LTC/BTC? Is there a good site for the cheaper coins?
    Kraken or you could buy a dollar amount in those other coins and convert them with shapeshift.io

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

for all intents and purposes bitcoin serves as the gatekeeper to accessing all the other coins via exchange websites as none that I am immediately aware of allow direct usd deposits.

$2 coins, which would people recommend?
    the absolute least intensive way to find coins like this is the following > go to 4chan/biz/ > hit catalog and see which coins are being memespammed the hardest > check out these coins u find on their respective subreddit which should have links to their whitepapers where u can see if it is a scam or not.

Alternatively you could hang around the bitcointalk forums where there are thousands upon thousands of coins and announcements posted constantly.

If you don't have enough money to play around in the more expensive safe(ish) coins your best bet is to genuinely see which coin get's memed hard in biz and try to accumulate as much as you can and then dump on it's first substantial pump. No matter how bad a coin is if it is sub 0.25$ and you see it being memed around you are nearly guaranteed at least a solid 500-800% pump. Finding the next eth/btc/xmr is a whole other story you shouldn't concern yourself with unless you are planning to invest and go comatose for 5-10 years.

Hanging around in any of the top10 volume coins and swingtrading day to day is also a very easy path to moderate returns, just don't ever mix swingtrading with holding strats. Git in git out.

I personally trade on poloniex which I like a lot but it tends to have more of the "established" coins on it so I will use binance to snag the newer sketchy coins that look interesting to me, and as I said before, stay the fuck away from bittrex i've had a btc in limbo on their piece of shit site for near a month now and it seems to be a common theme among it's users who are arbitrarily locked out of accounts and denied verification.

$2 coins, which would people recommend?
    This website is also extremely useful overall.
    https://coinmarketcap.com/

I'm personally in both xrp/xlm which are .24$ and .12$ respectively and expect gains from both but not ones I would outright recommend a person to buy in to.

Quote Originally Posted by TummieGaruda View Post
    I bought a few hundred Cardano (ADA) a few weeks ago at $0.11 but it hasn't moved much.
    heh, i was actually looking into snagging some of these too but haven't looked in to it much as I have been distracted by everything being on fire knocking my internet out over and over.

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

With the amount of news lately and necro bump of this thread it feels like crypto has reached a saturation point that has scared off some of my friends having them cash out but I genuinely believe that there is an incredibly stupid amount of money to make easily for a while still. I do expect a pretty steep correct come February though at which point you may want to have a handful of eth as well.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I don’t know jack about this stuff as well, but my wife’s aunt is trying to get all her family members in on Dash.

I’ve seen no mention of dash so far, can anyone comment?

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

Dash is a bitcoin clone that offered slightly more anonymity. It is an older coin that was called Darkcoin and was rebranded as Dash a while ago. That's pretty much it and I have no idea why it's succeeded to the degree it has.

But then again shit doesn't have to make sense in crypto, litecoin is up from 80$ to 300 soon based off of nothing other than the fact there was an nbc interview with the guy so some people bought in expecting a mini pump and then people flocked to coinbase and most likely bought the cheapest coin option on the website causing a pump, then korea woke up and saw the pump and pumped it harder like they do to everything.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

https://coinsutra.com/dash-cryptocurrency/

Dash advocates itself as peer-to-peer decentralized electronic cash. It intends to be as liquid as real cash which we use in our respective countries like USD/GBP/EUR/INR or CNY.

Dash is built upon Bitcoin’s core code with the addition of new features (such as privacy and quick transactions).
    Fucking lol. Of course it INTENDS to be fucking liquid.

Spoilers
    Spoiler: show
    it's not

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

Do Iota next zet! Untangle it's mysteries

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 111 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size