+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 111 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast
    Tekki's Bitch
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Literally asked to pay taxes on internet monopoly money that hasn't even been realized yet. If I cash out i'm just gonna ignore it tbh.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by thetruepandagod View Post
    Literally asked to pay taxes on internet monopoly money that hasn't even been realized yet. If I cash out i'm just gonna ignore it tbh.
    Yeah imma try to skimp out on coin to coin taxes, but I'll pay it when I cash out to USD unless at the time XVGs WP4.0 is out and I can secretly transfer that shit and make it untraceable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

ETH being up 31% on the week rules.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

i like to imagine a world where im not getting butt fucked by binance server maintenance

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I'll prob pay taxes in 2018 on realized gains (AKA money I actually take out) but not on transactions or unrealized.

I plan to take out my initial investment not long after I double it. Will quiet the girlfriend down from worrying and then any monopoly money I gain or lose is all profit.

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    i like to imagine a world where im not getting butt fucked by binance server maintenance
    U want a bad exchange? I had to make an account on bleutrade to get mooncoin, took like 10 minutes to have my buy order load.

BG Level

You guys

I'm $83 away from breaking even

Plz don't meme me

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

The crash is coming archi, the gods wont let xrp/xlm moon without a sea of blood red alts first to shake out weak hands.

BG Level

I think we've all learned from the Verge debacle that my hands are ogre-strong

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

U r finly becum cryptolord.

Quote Originally Posted by thetruepandagod View Post
    Bruh, this was passed into law on january 1st when they specified that like-kind exchanges only applied to real estate, and yes it's overly complex but since they are all 70yrs old and don't know what it actually is they don't realize that.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...under-gop-plan

http://bitcoinist.com/cryptocurrency...ose-tax-break/
    GDI, I thought I saw a headline about that... totally avoided it.

Truthfully, that's nice and all, but I'm not concerning myself with it and odds are most of us won't have to. I don't convert between ETH/BTC/etc. on Coinbase itself and apart from doing that I doubt they'll ever be able to track or find out more than that; not for a long, long time at least.

And by the time that day comes, the backlog would be so hilariously ridiculous for the current pace of ~3 million transactions per day that there's no way they could handle it.

The majority of the exchanges (if not all?) for serious crypto-to-crypto trading are also based abroad and outside the reach of the IRS, nor do those exchanges likely give two shits about our tax code compliance at the cost of their security/privacy and resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Yeah imma try to skimp out on coin to coin taxes, but I'll pay it when I cash out to USD unless at the time XVGs WP4.0 is out and I can secretly transfer that shit and make it untraceable.
    Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    I'll prob pay taxes in 2018 on realized gains (AKA money I actually take out) but not on transactions or unrealized.
    Same idea here.

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    ETH being up 31% on the week rules.

This makes me the happiest.

I'm spread through half a dozen but ETH is my main squeeze.

Mining $70/day at current price.... and all the hardware is paid off + 50%.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by RKenshin View Post
    This makes me the happiest.

I'm spread through half a dozen but ETH is my main squeeze.

Mining $70/day at current price.... and all the hardware is paid off + 50%.
    Was setting up the hardware easy enough? Or were you paying a place to host?

Also, we need to do the Lambo meet-up outside Zet's.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb View Post

That's what I would like to know. How many GPU's are you running and what is your average kWh for the mining machine and hash rate?

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Dude I already know what my license plate is going to say.

SUKIT ZET

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Pretty easy overall to set things up (hardware wise), but I've built ~a dozen computers by now and am a Comp-Sci major so I might not be the best judge. If you know how to build a PC, it's basically the same process. Hardest part was figuring out power requirements & load balancing, and finding a quality source for the risers. Bad mistake on either of those and you'll burn your shit down.

iirc I made this to reflect my exact first build:
    https://pcpartpicker.com/list/RvcmzM

As far as getting it to work properly... that was a lot more difficult, but still had it running within a day (though I literally didn't go to bed). It's tough to troubleshoot problems with an 8 GPU system on closed-source mining software and the info out there 6-7 months ago was all over the place, though it's slightly better now. After, I spent a month micro-managing and fine-tuning the shit out of overclock/undervolting/other performance and reliability settings/options and since then I literally don't do a thing. I got screwed by one windows patch (after disabling the service, the bastards overrode it!), but apart from that it just runs.

The second PC I started building the case at 10pm and by 4am I had a second PC running and mining just as well as my first one.... then went to bed and woke up for work at 5:15 lol.

I'll still check my hash-rates & up-time a few times a day (via an app), and do a fresh restart once a week, but otherwise it just works.

Quote Originally Posted by TummieGaruda View Post
    That's what I would like to know. How many GPU's are you running and what is your average kWh for the mining machine and hash rate?
    2 systems, 8 GPUs in each (GTX 1070s).

Max sustainable ETH hash-rate is about 250-260 MH/s while consuming ~1000 watts, per system (500-520 MH/s at ~2000 watts total).

I'm currently dual-mining for Sia though, resulting in a slightly lower ETH hash-rate & more power usage. This brings my total between the two systems to 490-500 MH/s for ether, 4500-5500 MH/s for Siacoin, and ~2250 watts overall.

My gaming PC is also largely unused right now and adding another 42 MH/s for ether, 1100 MH/s for Siacoin, and 310 watts to the total.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by RKenshin View Post
    Pretty easy overall to set things up (hardware wise), but I've built ~a dozen computers by now and am a Comp-Sci major so I might not be the best judge. If you know how to build a PC, it's basically the same process. Hardest part was figuring out power requirements & load balancing, and finding a quality source for the risers. Bad mistake on either of those and you'll burn your shit down.

iirc I made this to reflect my exact first build:
    https://pcpartpicker.com/list/RvcmzM

As far as getting it to work properly... that was a lot more difficult, but still had it running within a day (though I literally didn't go to bed). It's tough to troubleshoot problems with an 8 GPU system on closed-source mining software and the info out there 6-7 months ago was all over the place, though it's slightly better now. After, I spent a month micro-managing and fine-tuning the shit out of overclock/undervolting/other performance and reliability settings/options and since then I literally don't do a thing. I got screwed by one windows patch (after disabling the service, the bastards overrode it!), but apart from that it just runs.

The second PC I started building the case at 10pm and by 4am I had a second PC running and mining just as well as my first one.... then went to bed and woke up for work at 5:15 lol.

I'll still check my hash-rates & up-time a few times a day (via an app), and do a fresh restart once a week, but otherwise it just works.
    That's a pretty beefy setup with 8 GPU's. Whattomine shows somewhere around $42 ish/Day with 8 GPU's out of the box without tweaks on Vivo using NeoScrypt which isn't so bad. Roughly 3 months to break even is pretty awesome as most people usually take 4-6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by TummieGaruda View Post
    That's a pretty beefy setup with 8 GPU's. Whattomine shows somewhere around $42 ish/Day with 8 GPU's out of the box without tweaks on Vivo using NeoScrypt which isn't so bad. Roughly 3 months to break even is pretty awesome as most people usually take 4-6 months.
    This is honestly one part where I've dropped the ball, as I primarily just focus on ETH & dual mining. Spent so much time optimizing for it that I just wanna keep it simple!

The truly profitable thing for me to do, would be to mine the most profitable coin and convert it into ETH (or any coin of choice). There are extra fees associated with auto profit-switching and conversion software & pools, but they're minimal compared to the benefit. This is what most people have been doing lately.

Doing that, by my current stats and running NeoScrypt I'd generate $100/day. Maybe $90/day at worst after fees & extra power usage. Still 25% more than I'm doing right now. Ugh, eventually I'll just do it already.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag