+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 111 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast
    Tekki's Bitch
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Crypto has given me many reasons to neck myself, I should have made upwards of 7Mil by now but i have goofed myself spectacularly several times when I get bored and choose to get wild.

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Day View Post
    I know lmao there was a thread in spam like 5 years ago telling me it was too late
    AG convinced me not to buy at 8$ because it was in a bubble. I did not finally dive in until 200$

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

why live tbh

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

i got into this to be pseudo anonymous while buying "stuff" and now it's some stock market powerball bastard child.

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fondue View Post
    why live tbh
    There are a great many monies still to be had, my dream of an absurdist underground megamansion is getting closer and closer.

Quote Originally Posted by FNH View Post
    i got into this to be pseudo anonymous while buying "stuff" and now it's some stock market powerball bastard child.
    Looking at the amount of btc I spent on "stuff" in the past and seeing what it would be worth now is a very intense sadness. I go out of my way to badger people into western union now, my crypto is worth more to me than any "stuff"

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

wish skirkle was still around so we could laff

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I'm gonna dip my toe in. Bought a small amount of ETH that I'm gonna convert to XRP and a few other small coins that have been mentioned on the past page and just take a bit of a hands off approach.

Or is the consensus that the fractional cent coins are only worth buying for quick swings?

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    I'm gonna dip my toe in. Bought a small amount of ETH that I'm gonna convert to XRP and a few other small coins that have been mentioned on the past page and just take a bit of a hands off approach.

Or is the consensus that the fractional cent coins are only worth buying for quick swings?
    You are gonna have to go ahead and define quick swings for me because crypto is volatile. Me and a friend spent a solid 6 months doing swing trades every 30seconds or so for 5-10% gains back when the marketcap was around 5billion and charts looked like a hummingbirds heart monitor. Now i'd say they are much more risky, basically get in as early as possible and wait for a solid pump then get out and build up that way so that you can start doing the more risky stuff. Like I got into XLM at .02$ and i was still sitting on it all the way to .17$, it is just not worth it at all to me to risk the potential moon pump that I see possible in early 2018 for what could be disastrous trades for little gain when I can instead just sit on it for months and sell during a pump.

Also as an aside, xrp is essentially the least 'crypto' crypto in existence as it has had partnerships with banks in mind since it's inception which many see as the antithesis of what crypto aspires to do/be.

Some videos relevant to some of these coins.

Spoiler: show

Despite him droning on in the intro this video is actually pretty interesting and shows exactly why ETH had been locked in place and the state of current blockchain apps as well as future. Learn why cryptokitties are important. You can already see copycat's in the works, like NEOS hash puppies https://hashpuppi.es/

Video talking about Iota and it's use of tangle vs essentially every other crypto. If it actually works that is, I also found this today which is fairly neat imo https://sirinlabs.com/

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    So Litecoin seems to be the next train to jump on for medium-tier investing if I’m reading correctly? Panda/Tummie have a few of these?
    I have a few LTC had been waiting for some dip action to get more, but speculation keeps driving the price up. Peaked at $400 earlier today and at this point I am looking at others to invest in. Ripple and MIOTA are some of the ones that have potentials as Panda suggested.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Let's talk about Bitcoins BG, We're doomed!!! The Sky is Falling!!!!!

This shit reminds me when I was contemplating to buy a nice chunk of general dynamics stocks when it was trading at 22~ ish dollars back in 2006. It’s now at 196~. I kick myself everyday about it.

I’m gonna dive head first into this when I get home tonight.

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

So if you don't have enough hardware for at least a 5+ gpu setup it's better to just trade is that about right?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    This shit reminds me when I was contemplating to buy a nice chunk of general dynamics stocks when it was trading at 22~ ish dollars back in 2006. It’s now at 196~

I kick myself everyday about it.
    Try being single with $10K to invest right when GM stock was under $1 and the advice you receive is mutual funds would be better (partied it away anyhow).

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

22~ ish dollars back in 2006 now at 196~. I kick myself everyday about it.
    Once you dive in you will be overwhelmed at just how often this happens and how quickly. LTC is literally up 1000% this year and the majority of that was in the last 48hours. You will almost never see a day where at least one coin hasn't gone up 50%-120%. BTC shot from 4K to 18K in essentially 1 month.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by thetruepandagod View Post
    Once you dive in you will be overwhelmed at just how often this happens and how quickly. LTC is literally up 1000% this year and the majority of that was in the last 48hours. You will almost never see a day where at least one coin hasn't gone up 50%-120%
    ^This. Went to bed with LTC at 250 ish thinking it will dip in the morning, woke up and it was at $400.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

im not falling for your pyramid scheme

i see what you two are up to

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by TummieGaruda View Post
    ^This. Went to bed with LTC at 250 ish thinking it will dip in the morning, woke up and it was at $400.
    Seriously, i'm up anywhere from 2k-15K every single day this month barring the handful of days where every single coin falls into the sea of red.

Quote Originally Posted by Day View Post
    im not falling for your pyramid scheme

i see what you two are up to

Spoiler: show
    ilu

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

I think I’m gonna dip my toe in the pool with 3k. Pull it from my poker bankroll. That gonna be enough to entertain my time?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I think I’m gonna dip my toe in the pool with 3k. Pull it from my poker bankroll. That gonna be enough to entertain my time?
    I can't comment on your money, but I personally will do this over poker. Granted though I don't have the stones to play the tables you do.

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

It will be infinitely more fun than poker if you have the time to play with it and far more profitable unless 2018 is drastically different from 2017. If you put in that 3k be of the mind that it's already lost though otherwise you gonna be stressin and gettin shaky hands.
    Seeing shit like this every day when I wake up is more alluring to me than poker ever was.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Also if you are holding coins for long periods I cannot stress it enough to look into a hardware cryptowallet. Exchanges can lock/freeze you out of your coins and on rare instances get hacked, so it is a good practice to store them on a hardware wallet.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag