Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

SE software token/Android Custom ROMs

Basically I want to know if anyone that uses the software token also jumps between custom ROMs a lot.
    I know can't restore with Titanium backup but if I restore a Nandroid backup will token still work?

I am assuming that before I change or update my ROMs I need to disable the software token since SE doesn't give you backup codes like Google 2-step backup does.

If I do need to disable every time I jump ROMs will that cause any problems or security issues?
    I tend to change ROMs a few or more times a month.

Any insight from android users would be great.

Thank you for your time.

Faster than Walt Flanagan's Dog
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I flash frequently and use my phone token. I learned the hard way that you need to disable before you flash. If you forget make sure you have that emergency removal password handy or be prepared to spend 3 hours waiting for SE support. I can verify nandroid and titanium pro restores did not make it work.

If you're dirty flashing nightlies or something like that you don't have to disable it will work fine, just pretty much have to disable/reenable every time you wipe user data.

Does the emergency password work in replace of the one time password? I never tried it but I do have it saved.

Also is there any security concerns with having to disable and re-enable the token often?
    thanks for your time.

Faster than Walt Flanagan's Dog
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

emergency password lets you remove the token without logging into your SE account.

as far as security concerns I haven't had any, I've had to disable/enable my soft token about 8 times now in the past 6 months and have not had any issues.