1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 12 hours, 54 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 11 hours, 5 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 5 hours, 54 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 4 hours, 5 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I can safely say if you started at PS3 Launch and you're capped on most all jobs and have full i90 gear, you're not casual. Or you have an extreme aversion to idling.

Its okay, dig out of the denial, you're amongst friends.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

I'm glad they are doing ultima again, the battle song is too good to be wasted on a story mode.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

The abilities he used were badass too. It'll be good to revisit that fight in a serious manner.

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Fuck me for not paying attention, but do we have to do the entire instance to get to extreme ultima? or will he be a primal

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

There was no mention of HM Praetorium (and really it wouldn't make LORE sense) so it's probably its own thing. Assuming it isn't just non-canon I'd assume it will come after Extreme primals. Unless SE is just being secretive about it (since Ultima in the letter was played off as being a "surprise")

Although the arena still being flaming ring of fire in Praetorium also doesn't make sense but whatever. Just play the Echo card.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I wouldnt be surprise that HM Ultima would be after HM titan and before Extreme Primals

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    There was no mention of HM Praetorium (and really it wouldn't make LORE sense) so it's probably its own thing. Assuming it isn't just non-canon I'd assume it will come after Extreme primals. Unless SE is just being secretive about it (since Ultima in the letter was played off as being a "surprise")

Although the arena still being flaming ring of fire in Praetorium also doesn't make sense but whatever. Just play the Echo card.
    You're assuming we even defeated Ultima to begin with though; it kinda feels more like it just dismissed itself or something in that vein - you know, a plot twist: oh, you actually thought you defeated (x)? How adorable.

And this isn't even my FINAL FORM.

only semi-related but i kinda hate how plot twist just means "contrivance" now rather than like surprising you with a different way to look at the same thing

Remit One (1) Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qeomash Pandemonium
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Because most all good plot twists have been done to contrivances at this point.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

TEMPEST KEEP WAS MERELY A SETBACK~!!

It absolutely applies here.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

All I'm hoping for is we'll get a 2nd phase fight vs Gaius outside of Ultima, similar to White Raven Hard Mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Qeomash View Post
    Which is why I wish we had follow'd the prime directive since the beginning. I'm sure a few of the civilizations we have wiped out in the last few thousand years had some good ideas for plot twists we haven't got to experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Qeomash View Post
    Well it's not even that, it's that it feels like plot twists seems to be more about shocking you than surprising you. Er, I don't really know how to describe this adequately- it's kind of like the difference between watching The Ring and The Silence of the Lambs or something- you might get scared by both of them, but the first one is because of holyshit girl out of nowhere and the latter is just a guy unnerving the fuck out of you with his words and presence.

I guess a plot twist for me would be something where I go "oh wow, I guess I never noticed that even though it was right in front of my face" rather than "that isn't even his FINAL FORM".

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

It's....so....beautiful ; -;