BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Anniversary Event     submit to reddit submit to twitter

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Since we get emails for codes, couldn't we use codes from other accounts like we can with chocobo hat and such? Also sucks, I have a few inherited accounts that I cannot access the email to.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

It is important to note that the reward codes can probably be redeemed for any character. So if you have 15 accounts, you could redeem all 15 rewards on your main.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

So purchase a bunch of accounts before the 30th and cap out on GP!

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So, I'm in a bit of a dilemma. The e-mail attached to one of my SE Accounts has been hacked some time back, on top of that I lost my Security question/answer for SE Account, which means I cannot update and/or change my email address. Before I spend hours on hold with SE Support, are there any options to fix this?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I think your only option is spending hours on hold, you're going to have to go through hell probably.

Flowery Twats
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    It is important to note that the reward codes can probably be redeemed for any character. So if you have 15 accounts, you could redeem all 15 rewards on your main.
    Wonder if there's any way to confirm this

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Well, they're using approximately the same system as that one-per-account Bonanza a while back, right? People could assign all their rewards from that event to an arbitrary character, so I'm sure it's the same here.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    lol... I didn't even know there was a real post on the POL site. Anyway yeah, it says 50 on the JP version. Also it's weird how it came through on the NA version (Sacred 25 Kindred wtf?).

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

wonder if some people will sell their codes then

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Obviously the Japanese get 50, while everyone else gets 25.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmagi View Post
    I think your only option is spending hours on hold, you're going to have to go through hell probably.
    Just got off the phone with SE Support. Took less time than I was prepared for! After confirming the account information, the rep was able to manually change email address and reset my security question.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Oh wow, that's pretty sweet. May have to try that with some of mine.

Okipuit clarified if someone was confused about the service accounts thing:

Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit
    Apologies for the somewhat vague wording.

The campaign code you receive can only be applied to one character per FFXI service account.

In the event that you have multiple service accounts under the same Square Enix Account, you will be sent campaign codes for each one; however, please note that once a code has been redeemed for a service account you will no longer be able to apply a second campaign code to that same service account.

Hopefully this clears up any confusion.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Well that sucks.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Theres no way I was the only person who got screwed with this bullshit SEID system, having shit thats only "one per SEID"

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Friday, December 6, 2013
    to Monday, December 23, 2013 at 6:59 a.m. (PST)
    For a limited time, we are offering users the ability to download a free trial version of the FINAL FANTASY XI: Ultimate Collection Seekers Edition (digital download version), which contains every expansion from "Rise of the Zilart" to the latest "Seekers of Adoulin"!
    Instructions for Installing the FFXI: Ultimate Collection Seekers Edition
    1. Download the "FFXI: Ultimate Collection Seekers Edition" from the URLs below.
    [ http://gdl.square-enix.com/ffxi/download/us/FFXISETUP.exe ]
    [ http://gdl.square-enix.com/ffxi/download/us/FINALFANTASYXI.Data.001 ]
    [ http://gdl.square-enix.com/ffxi/download/us/FINALFANTASYXI.Data.002 ]
    [ http://gdl.square-enix.com/ffxi/download/us/FINALFANTASYXI.Data.003 ]
    * Please download all four files to a single folder.

2. After downloading all client files, confirm that there are no other applications running and double click FFXISTEUP.exe to begin the installation process.

3. Please refer to the following website for installation instructions.
    [ http://support.na.square-enix.com/document/manual/20/FFXI_UltimateCollectionSeekersEdition_PC.pdf ]

Please note:
    - The bonus in-game items received for purchasing the retail version of FINAL FANTASY XI: Ultimate Seekers Edition (Destrier Beret and Chocobo Shirt) will not be included in this promotion.
    - In addition to downloading the FINAL FANTASY XI: Ultimate Collection Seekers Edition, users will need to reactivate their previous PlayOnline / FINAL FANTASY XI account in order to play.
    New info for free SoA character.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    New info for free SoA character.
    I've never purchased SoA, but have a currently active character. Before I go through the agony of downloading that thing and then all the updates that I'm sure aren't in the install package will doing so give me access to SoA beyond the "free trial" length?

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Oh hey, they finally provide a god damn download to the entire FFXI client, even though it's in the wrong context.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutih View Post
    I've never purchased SoA, but have a currently active character. Before I go through the agony of downloading that thing and then all the updates that I'm sure aren't in the install package will doing so give me access to SoA beyond the "free trial" length?
    I would assume you'd still have to buy SoA, since they didn't specify it. With the Abyssea campaign they clearly stated it can be added to your account free of charge.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It will only unlock Adoulin for the 2 weeks the campaign is going on. If you want access to it afterwards, you need to buy it. The data being installed is only half the equation, the other half is having the expansion activated on your account, and they will deactivate when the event ends.

I wonder how that will work out if someone on the trial logs out in an Adoulin zone right before the event ends...

Quote Originally Posted by bungiefan View Post
    It will only unlock Adoulin for the 2 weeks the campaign is going on. If you want access to it afterwards, you need to buy it. The data being installed is only half the equation, the other half is having the expansion activated on your account, and they will deactivate when the event ends.

I wonder how that will work out if someone on the trial logs out in an Adoulin zone right before the event ends...
    You will basically be booted out of the game immediately and won't be able to log back in.

That's what happened back in the day when I'd use my account on my PS2 for afk bazaaring, if I'd warp and forgot to change my HomePoint from Whitegate (never got toau for PS2).

S-E should have the foresight to come up with something to avoid that happening, but this is S-E we're talking about here.