BG Level

why is there not footage of this paw smackdown

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    why is there not footage of this paw smackdown
    I don't believe we do have a video of that, but I will try to eventually post some videos in this thread.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Kohan View Post
    This is indeed largely true. Though when she did give a fuck, it consisted of her standing up and abruptly stepping on my dog to make her lay down and stop. It was immediately effective, and amazingly hilarious.

I'll try to respond to Aylee's latest post in a bit, but if I don't get around to it, the aforementioned Daily Puppy site is a good general reference—that, and the ASPCA website. Both have many articles.

http://www.aspca.org/pet-care/virtua...ing-your-puppy

http://www.aspca.org/pet-care/virtua...ing-your-puppy
    So if i want her to enjoy bathes/swimming/ water in general i need to bathe her often? kinda hard to play with her in a pool since its winter but eh

Banned.

BG Level

You misunderstand, my dog "lives" in the backyard. But when we're at home the door is open and he is free to come and go (so of course he stays always inside).

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Tajin View Post
    You misunderstand, my dog "lives" in the backyard. But when we're at home the door is open and he is free to come and go (so of course he stays always inside).
    I didn't want to sound like I believed you necessarily left them out there all of the time. I had a feeling that this was what you meant.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

he lies, he owns like 14 dogs, eats them when it gets cold

Banned.

BG Level

Cold in Cancun, maybe when pigs fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythe_Seraph View Post
    I got my dog his second round of shots and I noticed that where he got his shot a small lump formed under the skin in that same area. Is this a normal thing to happen? I noticed it yesterday and I wanted to call the vet, but they are closed until Monday.
    It's fairly normal and not an issue as long as the lump goes away within a few days or so. Any longer or if it gets bigger, or if it gets hot or otherwise seems to be causing discomfort, that's a problem.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Aylee View Post
    So if i want her to enjoy bathes/swimming/ water in general i need to bathe her often? kinda hard to play with her in a pool since its winter but eh
    So long as your house is big enough for it (or if you've a garage with space), you can explore other options, such as buying a plastic wading pool. You shouldn't bathe dogs too terribly often, lest you dry out their skin. Once a month is good.

Banned.

BG Level

Brushing otoh is important, for furry breeds

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Kohan View Post
    So long as your house is big enough for it (or if you've a garage with space), you can explore other options, such as buying a plastic wading pool. You shouldn't bathe dogs too terribly often, lest you dry out their skin. Once a month is good.
    Is once a week to often?

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

yup.

DEUS VULT
    FITE ME

BG Level
    Blog Entries

guys ive never driven a car before, should i get a custom lambo

green jellybean
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

For Shepherds their hips can cause them problems later in life, the breed standard has caused a very triangular stance to be desirable which isn't optimal. You can ask your breeder if they do OFA testing if you are concerned. Its nice that both parents are on site They look like happy dogs.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Are you going to have the puppy chipped at some stage? As I'm in the UK, I don't know what prices are like, but think about pet insurance.

Get some training pads for the pee, inside and outside the cage. When my friend got his puppy, he told me he shouldn't walk it for a few months outside until it had all its shots, so the pads help until then.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Laugana View Post
    Are you going to have the puppy chipped at some stage? As I'm in the UK, I don't know what prices are like, but think about pet insurance.

Get some training pads for the pee, inside and outside the cage. When my friend got his puppy, he told me he shouldn't walk it for a few months outside until it had all its shots, so the pads help until then.
    Pee pads only encourage a dog to go inside the house a certain spot making them harder to train later. Everything I've read says the won't miss in their cage unless forced to (no one takes it out). And she will be fixed asap and possibly chipped (anyone know how much this cost on average? The chipping not fixing

Banned.

BG Level

Correct, training pads can backfire.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

My dog uses pads. Confirmed. However, for small dogs, they can still be the best option, particularly in cold areas. The real trick is to dual-train. My dog goes on pads most of the time, but we've also trained her to go on grass. If you could do the opposite (grass most of the time with pads occasionally) I think it would work well for large dogs, too. Especially if you can get them to understand that the pad is what makes it okay, not the location.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Aylee View Post
    Pee pads only encourage a dog to go inside the house a certain spot making them harder to train later. Everything I've read says the won't miss in their cage unless forced to (no one takes it out). And she will be fixed asap and possibly chipped (anyone know how much this cost on average? The chipping not fixing
    I'm glad to see you sharing information that you've learned from conducting research. Keep it up.

As for the chip cost, I'm not certain where you are in your state, but here's an example of a place wherein you may buy certificates that cover the entire procedure ($20 for the chip, and $5 for the implanting): http://www.mobilespca.org/what-we-do...he-kibble.aspx

You can try to find another SPCA location, or contact other local organizations for further information.

On the pet insurance matter, I use VPI: http://www.petinsurance.com/

You can peruse their website and decide if you're interested or not.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Anyone know anything about this line of dog food: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Rachael-Ra...-Dogs/19720749

Still planning on going with blue buffalo if If i can find it at a decent price around my area, but looking for backups as it doesn't look promising. Also there are so many diffrent types of dog food within each brand... I know the blue buffalo had like 10 different kinds when I was looking online.