FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Aylee View Post
    I do... but at the same time I don't want her to starve
    Sometimes you have to to teach them when they are suppose to eat.

If they don't eat at the right time, put it away until the next time. (This was recommendation I got from the vet)

Banned.

BG Level

Dogs are not stupid. And for better or worse they are great creatures of habit (which is why reinforcing behaviors works so well with them). A healthy dog will not starve him/her self to death, unlike cats.
    You can tough love a dog to eat what you offer (dont be retarded and try to tough love a puppy).

Feeding dogs 101:

-Put food in bowl
    -Walk to feeding area
    -(optional)Train the dog to wait until you release him before he eats, starting point, wait or sit and wait.
    -Put bowl down.
    -Let dog eat at his/her pace.
    -Once the dog moves away from the bowl wait between 5 - 15 minutes (you pick the time and stick to it) and store or toss the left overs.

Puppies should be fed 3 -4 times a day so if the puppy is not hungry and wants to play, just play with the pup and keep offering food at regular intervals, having set meal times works if you have a schedule, otherwise just feed at random times with enough time elapsed in between for the dog to get hungry again (4+ hrs with raw) (6+hrs with kibble usually)

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

edit: tajin said it better.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Tajin View Post
    A healthy dog will not starve him/her self to death, unlike cats.
    Uh...what?

You can do the same thing with cats as dogs when it comes to timed feedings.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

All signs point to: not being healthy (aka obese).

A healthy dog will not starve him/her self to death, unlike cats.
    It's quite well known unhealthy cats will often stop eating.

Banned.

BG Level

You can kill a cat by attempting to tough love him, anyway stop arguing about cats, go make a cat thread and be happy.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Tajin View Post
    You can kill a cat by attempting to tough love him, anyway stop arguing about cats, go make a cat thread and be happy.
    Stop bringing up retarded untrue comments about cats and I won't have to argue about it.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Guys stop! This is what the cats want. They are trying to tear us apart

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    Stop bringing up retarded untrue comments about cats and I won't have to argue about it.
    lol, k

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

i demand puppy pictures in penance for the cat argument

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

So Idk what to do with this potty training... she had pissed in the house 3 times in the past 3 hours. Each time it's only been 15-30 minutes since her last trip (she should be able to hold it for 4 hours) I caught her mid piss all 3 times yelled NO! And taken her strait outside, made her finish out there, brought her in and caged her for 15 minutes while I clean it up (soak up then cover with nature's Mericle). What else can I do? I can't take her out every 10 minutes all day every day... not only is it impossible for me to get anything done it doesn't teach her bladder control at all. She knows to go outside... but just refuses to hold it or even signal to me to take her out.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

This is either a brilliant troll thread, or (and I'm sorry to say it) you shouldn't have got a GSD as your first dog.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    This is either a brilliant troll thread, or (and I'm sorry to say it) you shouldn't have got a GSD as your first dog.
    My hopes were that as a smarter breed it would be easier to handle (I hate small dogs excluding corgis)

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Hey now, watch the small dog hate. Mine will never get any bigger than twenty pounds, and she's a brilliant little bitch.

That said, I do also love big dogs. She is the smallest I've ever owned, but I have no regrets. She has also apparently realized I just woke, as I hear her right outside my door.

Regardless, look on Daily Puppy or Google in general about approaching a dog in a friendly manner. Your dog may be intimidated by your approach and yelling, and this could be making them pee more. Do you praise them (with or without a treat) when they do go once you let them out?

Personally, I kept my puppy peeing on pads until she had finished all of her shots, including rabies. I felt that this gave her bladder time to grow, lessened my stress, and in my opinion, did not make her harder to house train in the end at all.

If all else fails, you can do that for now. You and the puppy need to reduce the stress associated wth eliminating for both of your sakes.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Or a dog at all. Stop assuming a dog should be able to hold his/her bladder.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

^ I didn't wanna come out and say it, but yeah. :-\

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Kohan View Post
    Hey now, watch the small dog hate. Mine will never get any bigger than twenty pounds, and she's a brilliant little bitch.

That said, I do also love big dogs. She is the smallest I've ever owned, but I have no regrets. She has also apparently realized I just woke, as I hear her right outside my door.

Regardless, look on Daily Puppy or Google in general about approaching a dog in a friendly manner. Your dog may be intimidated by your approach and yelling, and this could be making them pee more. Do you praise them (with or without a treat) when they do go once you let them out?

Personally, I kept my puppy peeing on pads until she had finished all of her shots, including rabies. I felt that this gave her bladder time to grow, lessened my stress, and in my opinion, did not make her harder to house train in the end at all.

If all else fails, you can do that for now. You and the puppy need to reduce the stress associated wth eliminating for both of your sakes.
    I don't hate small dogs nor do I have anything against them... I'm just not crazy over them.

I don't think she is intimidated by my approach or anything... she's just chilling on the couch playing jumps down runs over and pisses. I do phase her when she goes outside (only use treats about 10% of the time). I really just Don't wanna use pee pads, I would like it to he done and over with as well as save the money.

Also I'm not assuming that she can hold her bladder. At her age she should be able to hold iy. I'm not expecting her to hold it for 4 hours.... I'm simply stating that she shouldent be at the point where she can't hold it every 20-30 min

Banned.

BG Level

Most puppies will relieve after:
    -playing
    -eating
    -waking up
    -in between play too.

So expect her to pee/poo often if you're playing all the time or she is playing all the time.
    Ive had my lil guy pee not 5 minutes after peeing outside. You're better off assuming your dog will have accidents until she's 1yo its your job to ensure most accidents happen in the garden

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Took her out 15 minutes ago. She hasnt ate or drank in past hour. She got up off the couch walked around laid back down got up again after 2-3 min and just pissed in the floor... she usually has 1 accident a day and it's usually my fault... today she has had 4...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast