1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 7 hours, 56 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 16 hours, 3 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 0 hours, 56 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 9 hours, 3 minutes
Closed Thread
    Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Has another MMO had this many maintenances?

By my count, there have been ten maintenances on the NA/EU data center in the last 30 days. 2 of them were labeled as "emergency."

8 scheduled (i.e. non-emergency) maintenances in 30 days seems extreme to me. Two maintenances a week does not seem reasonable, particularly since this game is out of the teething stage.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meek Marcello
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Square please stop trying to fix your game.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Lonely View Post
    this 100% , plus most if not all of the maint have been late late night , "omg its 2am amd the severs are down OH WHAT WILL I EVER DO?!!qqqQQQq!" go to sleep!

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nova Raylynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Laughing Skull

WoW probably would have been just as bad if all the hotfixes they did required servers to be brought down which seems to be the case with SE. Have they hotfixed anything in this game? At any rate I would rather the servers be taken down and problems fixed than not.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Gokku View Post
    this 100% , plus most if not all of the maint have been late late night , "omg its 2am amd the severs are down OH WHAT WILL I EVER DO?!!qqqQQQq!" go to sleep!
    I bought this game to replace women. There's no reason I shouldn't be able to play at 2am if I damn well please.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ada Rusheart
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Because everyone is in your timezone, right?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Andradi View Post

so yes

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Andradi View Post
    In EU maints are usually in the morning when people are supposed to be at school/work. It's easily the best maint time they could've picked for the NA/EU datacenters as it really doesn't affect most people at all.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I wouldn't say the game is out of it's "teething stage", specifically because there are so many maintenances. As far as other games having as many I can't say but I'd bet many other games should've had this many if not more in the first few months after release.

As for the argument that always seems to come up in these threads at one point or another that FFXI never had this many, remember we (NA, PC version) got the game over a year after the its launch (closer to 18 months I think, but I could be wrong) and by that point stability was pretty solid to my knowledge. I do know that after I started playing (NA PS2 release, close to 2 years after initial Japanese launch) that I was able to stay logged in for literally months on end except for the 7-10 days after an update or when my internet dropped for whatever reason.

PS This thread really belongs on the OF.

PPS Nearly every maintenance has occurred during time when I could be playing. It's inconvenient but I'd much rather the developers were actively fixing problems quickly than let them fester (I love a chance to use that word... fester).

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

EVE Online has maintenance every single day, and there's only one server, so someone in some time zone is getting royally screwed by it.

Thankfully it only lasts one hour.

This is OF levels of tin foil hattery.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

What "fixes" are you talking about? Most of those maintenances are not listed as fixing any issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Waraji View Post
    I think you are confusing questions of competence with questions of conspiracy.

My question is: how many other MMOs need to go offline an average of twice a week?

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    In EU maints are usually in the morning when people are supposed to be at school/work. It's easily the best maint time they could've picked for the NA/EU datacenters as it really doesn't affect most people at all.
    For PST, non-emergency maintenances usually start around 10 PM (sometimes as early as 8PM, occasionally as late as 1AM). For a 4-hour window, I'd say 1AM PST/9AM GMT should be the best start.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    My question is: how many other MMOs need to go offline an average of twice a week?
    I don't know bro, go look up update archive timestamps for EVE/LineageII/NotWoW/Any MMO That lasted More than 6 months in relevancy, for the first 6 months. If that's too much work, then just asininely argue about shit you don't even know wtf your talking about.

Fixed for Spider-Dan.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Since the servers are "regionalized" instead of global, I really don't care for or mind the 3hr maints during late hours that much. At worst it usually amounts to something like moving a titan carry to the next day and everyone goes to sleep one titan fight earlier. There have been a few occasions when I was like fffuuuuuu I want to play though.

I think I prefer it to regular scheduled maint the same day every week for 8 hours though.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Waraji, I know you might think "other MMOs" is a synonym for "WoW," but it really isn't.

Good point Deadgye, I wonder what time frame they will do the 2.1 update. I would assume they will do simultaneous shutdown of both regions?

Edit: There Danny, Fixed That For You.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

Here I was thinking WoW was an MMO. Silly me.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

This thread's title screamed OF to me. The contents as well. Disappointed but not surprised.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

so yes
    this is amazing and i want it

THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Waraji View Post