Thread: Rick and Morty     submit to reddit submit to twitter

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    I'd believe the Evil Morty theory if not for the episode of his first appearance where Rick tells Morty "if I'm the Rickest Rick, it makes sense that you're the Mortiest Morty." That would imply that they are a matched pair and not from different realities. Unless Rick was just lying.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Even if Rick didn't lie the chances of that being true is pretty slim unless something about their reality makes them that way.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I have a feeling that Justin and Dan are just fucking with us at this point and the explanation for evil Morty might be as simple as Morty coming from a dimension where everyone is the opposite personality of themselves (doofus Rick excluded he had no kids), or a dimension where everyone is just evil.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

As funny as the squirrel bit was, I would like to know where in the timeline that happened. Would it have been this season? Since the rick and Morty that got blown up in Rick Potion no. 9 were still in the backyard at the season premiere.

And the trailer for the next episode doesn't make sense since it's not his original Beth

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by FNH View Post
    As funny as the squirrel bit was, I would like to know where in the timeline that happened. Would it have been this season? Since the rick and Morty that got blown up in Rick Potion no. 9 were still in the backyard at the season premiere.

And the trailer for the next episode doesn't make sense since it's not his original Beth
    As far as the squirrel bit, I am sure that timeline happened in between the beginning and end of Rick Potion no 9. They created the cronenbergs and then Rick has them jump to another dimension. They jump to the dimension we see in the mind blower memory where they discover the illuminati squirrels and then jump again into another dimension which we see at the end of Rick Potion no. 9 where they replace their dead selves.

As far as the Beth thing is concerned there could be an explanation where there are two or more dimensions with very slight differences, but the progression of the main characters storylines remain somewhat the same. For instance:

Rick and his wife have a child (Beth) and when she was younger in each of the Dimensions he builds her a fantasy land. At some point, the Rick in all of these similar dimensions decides to leave his wife and jump around to other Dimensions for adventures and exploration, or just because he's bored and he can. In some of those instances, the original Rick of that dimension returns at different times in Beths life or not even at all. The ones where he doesn't come are ones where he can replace himself. That's why there is a possible discrepancy in Morty's age (originally he was 14 when Rick showed up but in some instances Morty the age is different such as the 13th birthday party).

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

So, what if just to fuck with people. The writers make it so that Evil Mortys entire plan is just for the Mulan sauce.

That would be worth a small chuckle and be incredibly uninteresting.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

The episode would be complete shit but I can see them doing something like that as a massive middle finger to everyone super over thinking Evil Morty.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    That would be worth a small chuckle and be incredibly uninteresting.
    So it's likely then.

#shotsfired

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by TummieGaruda View Post
    As far as the squirrel bit, I am sure that timeline happened in between the beginning and end of Rick Potion no 9. They created the cronenbergs and then Rick has them jump to another dimension. They jump to the dimension we see in the mind blower memory where they discover the illuminati squirrels and then jump again into another dimension which we see at the end of Rick Potion no. 9 where they replace their dead selves.

As far as the Beth thing is concerned there could be an explanation where there are two or more dimensions with very slight differences, but the progression of the main characters storylines remain somewhat the same. For instance:

Rick and his wife have a child (Beth) and when she was younger in each of the Dimensions he builds her a fantasy land. At some point, the Rick in all of these similar dimensions decides to leave his wife and jump around to other Dimensions for adventures and exploration, or just because he's bored and he can. In some of those instances, the original Rick of that dimension returns at different times in Beths life or not even at all. The ones where he doesn't come are ones where he can replace himself. That's why there is a possible discrepancy in Morty's age (originally he was 14 when Rick showed up but in some instances Morty the age is different such as the 13th birthday party).
    "Don't think about it" was the answer we were looking for

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

The jerry's mindblowers box had tapes of the apple campaign and sleepy Gary. Interesting theory is that this episode was following an alternate R&M, which makes more sense, I guess.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

That kinda felt like a meh ep minus Jerry's GF.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Enjoyable, nothing too spectacular. Revelations about Beth as a kid were a bit of a nice surprise though.

Spoiler: show
    ...and that's definitely the clone of her at the end.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Fake News!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire View Post
    Enjoyable, nothing too spectacular. Revelations about Beth as a kid were a bit of a nice surprise though.

...and that's definitely the clone of her at the end.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I enjoy having my questions answered within the first couple minutes

Certified Enhancement Shaman
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meph Taru
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos

randy-episodes are usually god-tier. this, not so much

edit: ffs, drunk and posting in the wrong thread

randy? are you referring to south park?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Not sure I would put Jerry on Randy's level just yet.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Bump season finale on now...Also streaming on [AS]

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

That ending was kinda... ehhh.....

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag