1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 15 hours, 1 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 8 hours, 58 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 8 hours, 1 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 1 hours, 58 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by lilbubbles View Post
    You're guaranteed to get a piece of gear a week, that is AWESOME. Coil guarantees nothing and almost always gives nothing.
    If you put ketchup on a shit sandwich its still a shit sandwich.

ketchup - guaranteed drop

sandwich - week lockout on inferior gear

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Voyage1970 View Post
    Did they make any specific mention of everyone else passing it to one person? If there is a way to game the system then there is hope yet.
    Code:
    選択したコマンドに関わらず、ドロップ品を手に入れた冒険者は、それ以降NEEDとGREEDが選べないようになること
    Code:
    選択したコマンドに関わらず
    Regardless of the command selected

Black Belt
    BG Level

yea but 7 people passing and one person not selecting a command means no command was selected. does that item drop to the ground cause the 8th person didn't make a choice?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

This being SE I would strongly assume the flag is keyed to "item falls into inventory" and not "selected Need/Greed". So yeah, make sure you pass shit if you're eyeing loot I guess.

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

The way they mention that it "prevents you from pressing Need or Greed" makes me think it doesn't lock you from obtaining loot so much as just locks you from lotting it. Even if their intention is to prevent loot from being obtained period, if this is the method they go about implementing then it's a huge oversight on how the lotting system works and frankly is an error in our favor.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

WAIT

YOU CAN'T SELEECT NEED OR GREED

THAT MEANS YOU CAN STILL NOT PASS

FUCK EVERYTHING THIS IS PERFECT GUYS

IF YOU'RE WITH A PARTY OF 7 FRIENDS YOU CAN JUST HAVE THEM ALL PASS AND YOU GET IT

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    This being SE I would strongly assume the flag is keyed to "item falls into inventory" and not "selected Need/Greed". So yeah, make sure you pass shit if you're eyeing loot I guess.
    So if something drops that no one wants its going to be a race to pass to screw the 8th into wasting their lockout on it.

Since its SE I could see this making it to live, but it will be patched to fall to no one soon after launch.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sukimin Yakumo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Side View Post
    So if something drops that no one wants its going to be a race to pass to screw the 8th into wasting their lockout on it.

Since its SE I could see this making it to live, but it will be patched to fall soon after launch.
    IIRC, items don't fall unless if everyone passes/lots or if time runs out, so if all 8 people want to pass, they can all pass, and the item will floor. The only time it'll auto-drop is when the chest timer runs out.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Passing doesn't work that way in XIV. If one person is undecided and the rest pass, it doesn't drop to that person until the (however many minutes) timer wears off.

e: beaten

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    THAT MEANS YOU CAN STILL NOT PASS
    In before once the lockout is in place it auto-passes everything on your character, trolol.

Since its SE I could see this making it to live, but it will be patched to fall soon after launch.
    Unless I'm mistaken even if everyone else passes you still have to wait for the loot timer to count down before it goes to the person who didn't pass. Barring flat out exiting the instance so the only person on the loot table is that person, I don't see how you could force someone to get a drop unless they wanted it.

Edit: Beaten many times fml

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    And this is superior to no lockout and as much gear as you want?
    Obviously it would be nice to get as much gear as I want, but some people are acting everyone is going to be full in coil gear before ct and that isn't the case except for a select lucky few who don't get dragoon every week.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yukari View Post
    IIRC, items don't fall unless if everyone passes/lots or if time runs out, so if all 8 people want to pass, they can all pass, and the item will floor. The only time it'll auto-drop is when the chest timer runs out.
    Ah, only time this ever happens to me is WP last boss so I assumed it was instant. Always having to clean out the shitty dl weapons from my inventory.

The only way you can force a drop on someone btw is for all but that person to leave the duty. This happens in WP a lot, we like to open the chest at the end and make someone get stuck with a drop they have to throw away.

So if you don't pass or leave before everyone leaves, you can get stuck with a drop.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

In before once the lockout is in place it auto-passes everything on your character, trolol.
    If this happens, then fuck them and fuck everything. But currently the Japanese specifically says that you'll become unable to choose NEED and GREED. If they were going to auto roll 0 then I'm pretty sure they would have worded it differently.

So if you don't pass or leave before everyone leaves, you can get stuck with a drop.
    This is going to suck incredibly when it inevitable happens.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Ah, only time this ever happens to me is WP last boss so I assumed it was instant. Always having to clean out the shitty dl weapons from my inventory.
    That'll happen if the other 3 people leave the instance.

e: fuckbeaten again

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    If this happens, then fuck them and fuck everything. But currently the Japanese specifically says that you'll become unable to choose NEED and GREED. If they were going to auto roll 0 then I'm pretty sure they would have worded it differently.
    True, but technically once you pass you are unable to hit Need or Greed so it is possible with the way they worded it and in fact would be a simple measure to make it so Need and Greed are unclickable. I would much rather be proven wrong though. *knocks on wood*

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    That'll happen if the other 3 people leave the instance.

e: fuckbeaten again
    Yes I know.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Voyage1970 View Post
    The way they mention that it "prevents you from pressing Need or Greed" makes me think it doesn't lock you from obtaining loot so much as just locks you from lotting it. Even if their intention is to prevent loot from being obtained period, if this is the method they go about implementing then it's a huge oversight on how the lotting system works and frankly is an error in our favor.
    and after they figure it out, they will start hitting people with the ban hammer.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by lilbubbles View Post
    You're guaranteed to get a piece of gear a week, that is AWESOME. Coil guarantees nothing and almost always gives nothing.
    Explain to me where exactly it says that you're guaranteed to get a piece of gear that YOU need? It could be exactly like Coil where 2 things drop from each boss but what pieces drop are completely randomized, in which case this is actually worse than Coil because now you can only lot on one thing per week.

I'm sorry that RNG has screwed you over in Coil but to say the lockout on this is awesome is absolutely retarded. Especially when you saying that is based on wild assumptions that, to my knowledge, have no basis.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kuishen View Post
    Explain to me where exactly it says that you're guaranteed to get a piece of gear that YOU need? It could be exactly like Coil where 2 things drop from each boss but what pieces drop are completely randomized, in which case this is actually worse than Coil because now you can only lot on one thing per week.

I'm sorry that RNG has screwed you over in Coil but to say the lockout on this is awesome is absolutely retarded.
    because you have to actually win the lot for it to count, if you don't win your roll you go back in 50x until you do.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast