1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 18 hours, 37 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 5 hours, 22 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 11 hours, 37 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 22 hours, 22 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Can not say I like this method, but are you guys just discarding the fact the gear is i80? You can spam dungeons now to your heart's content to get every piece of darklight, which right now is a step below myth/allagan, but how many of you are doing/did so? I read so many pouting of nothing to do in game, when you could gear up those "so important" alternate jobs right now. Allowing CT to be spammable for loot will not change anything if you can not be bothered to gear those alternate jobs with darklight/craft gear in the first place. In 2.1, twintania is still going to be the hardest fight. The group I go with have been killing her for six weeks straight, with the last two being with a new replacement, so I do not really understand the point of the i80 gear regardless, at least for us and other accomplished groups. Myth cap is getting increased by 50%, so those myth gears are going to be rolling in even faster which are going to trump the i80 gear anyways. Yea I get you want that one slot to be filled with something not darklight/craft gear because that one allagan will not drop, but come on, the fights in the game right now are not hard enough for that sort of change to make any sizable impact.

I spammed Praetorium months ago to get each piece of darklight for each job and was looking forward to spamming CT for full sets just because I could and others thought it nuts, so it is disappointing to me in that regard, but it is what it is, assuming what we think of the lotting lockout is accurate.

Vanity Tower for life. Yoshi-P for life.

CT loot system is an improvement if you are able to spam CT as much as you want to only use your "need" on an item you actually want, instead of doing coil for 4 weeks in a row and never seeing anything you need. Let's you play with friends and help them out as well unlike coil. Doesn't change the fact the system is still bullshit and another restriction we don't need in a game with too many restrictions already, especially since it's slower gearing in full ilvl 80 gear than ilvl90 and this essentially does nothing to fix the gearing multiple jobs problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Fojoop View Post
    CT loot system is an improvement if you are able to spam CT as much as you want to only use your "need" on an item you actually want, instead of doing coil for 4 weeks in a row and never seeing anything you need. Let's you play with friends and help them out as well unlike coil. Doesn't change the fact the system is still bullshit and another restriction we don't need in a game with too many restrictions already, especially since it's slower gearing in full ilvl 80 gear than ilvl90 and this essentially does nothing to fix the gearing multiple jobs problem.
    I'll agree with that.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

I wonder if winning an item will automatically pass all future items or not. I know they say you can't receive loot, but it also just says that you can't need/greed, only pass.

I've been in dungeons where nobody rolls on an item (such as pets and whatnot), myself included, but at the end of the timer the item randomly fell to me even though I didn't select need/greed/pass.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Oh god I love this line.

Yoshida: There's a big difference between the two. The idea behind the Crystal Tower is that you can repeatedly challenge the tower with the goal of obtaining one specific item, and then go ahead and do other content once you receive that item.
    I wonder if he could say that with a straight face. Other than this and EM Primals (Which also have a weekly lockout) there's still pretty much jack shit to do other than mind numbingly grind for Mythos til you hit cap.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

PVP. Please look forward to it. /s

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

What people don't seem to understand is it's not about gear drops, but content. I don't care about the gear drops at this point. I just want to have that urge to get on the game and play. Right now its he complete opposite and I don't even care about capping myth anymore.

2.1 was going to be the content to change that, but SE placed a swift kick in the balls to that.

Dammit Steve of the House of Weave
    BG Level

Basically with myth cap increase you can get two pieces of i90 gear every 3 weeks. CT you get one per week plus dealing with BS in duty finder with 16 other people and only get i80.

Someone was totally thinking.

Just hoping EM primals give decent tomes (30?) per win since they are EXTREME and you can only do them once a week? Tired of grinding tomes and just want to get to the point where I go "oh hey, almost capped already for this week" instead of "Am I capped yet? No. 3 more WP's".

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So... is there any confirmation on tomestone rewards for CT?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

So basically, this is turds

Unless it means that after needing once and winning, you can no longer need or greed. So if even one person uses their lot you won't have a chance, but if nobody has a lot left or nobody lots, itll drop to anyone who didn't physically pass.

I hope that's it. If that's the case, this is fine with me and actually fair. It also means that if a piece you want drops, there's a good chance everyone else either wants something else or already lotted that week, but it won't make the content weekly gated

that's wishful thinking though, we all know it'll autopass

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Got it... So if I get an item from the first chest no reason to stay for the rest of the run!

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blowfin Jr
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

I did mention a couple of months back that it was unrealistic to expect to be able to farm CT 24/7 for gear. It doesn't seem like anyone listened. Granted the -1 item per week- does seem a little over the top, but i'm wiling to reserve judgement until the content is actually here. They probably have a month after 2.1 to convince me to stick around. People are making a lot of noise about this on the OF though, so maybe SE will cave a little.

Agree with bubbles though, the idea of being able to repeat the event until you get what you want for the week is a big improvement over coil. As long as the items are relevant enough. We actually have no idea how many runs might turn out to be "average" to get your item.

Really though, when you look at it these restrictions aren't that different from say... Limbus in XI, probably less restrictive. Took me well over a month to get my first AF+1 sorted (and Homam and Nashira were all but useless for my jobs). However, I don't remember people screaming bloody murder over Limbus lockouts like they are with this... 1 item per week seems pretty reasonable compared to that.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

It's terrible.

It would be perfectly fine if it was i90 or even i100. But it's not.

Therefore terrible. Stop defending it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

No one screamed bloody murder over Limbus because you also had Sky, Sea, Dynamis, and HNM farming. Hell, I ignored Limbus for the better part of my XI career and felt I wasn't missing out on anything. You really cannot compare the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer View Post
    Stop defending it.
    Also this.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Also ignoring that many pieces that dropped in limbus were BIS. Stupid argument is stupid.

And almost every piece of gear in 11 was BiS thanks to gear swapping, which raises the question.. What is wrong with gear swapping and why don't games do that anymore? Besides the inventory manage issue (which is solvable) I loved it.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

welp, there's always Alloads, they removed the cash shop and went back to the P2P model on some of their servers... some buddies said it was pretty decent before the cash shop so might check this out.

but yeah... SE won't get my money for this MMO anymore.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zumi Kasumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

This makes absolutely no sense, not only will people just ditch after they win their 1 item making killing the rest of the bosses take forever due to waiting a long time for replacements because nobody ticks the "in progress box" since its off by default. This is the "catch up/gear alt job" raid makes no sense to only have 1 crappy ilvl 80 item a week. If you played from launch you probably have full ilvl 90 now, making the zone totally worthless for your main. At this point I am already getting 90s for a 2nd job with mythology.

Its like they don't want people to log on to play their game. I would of been happy to log on and queue up sometimes to get some random 80 pieces for alt jobs that I don't play too often but now can't even do that. Terrible decision if this actually makes it to live severs.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zettai Ryouiki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Quote Originally Posted by lilbubbles View Post
    And almost every piece of gear in 11 was BiS thanks to gear swapping, which raises the question.. What is wrong with gear swapping and why don't games do that anymore? Besides the inventory manage issue (which is solvable) I loved it.
    I loved FFXI because of its horizontal gearing and gear swaps (stuff like convert, sublimation, +MND, passive, +HP, cure HP enmity cheat, enfeeble/+skill sets, etc since I mostly played RDM/SCH/WHM). The problem is utilizing gear swaps correctly often took multiple macros for PS2 players per WS/spell (vs people that utilized Windower + Spellcast xmls) and many more players simply never bothered doing it, staying gimp forever. SE probably didn't like that and just axed the entire concept from the get-go in 1.0.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Ezek View Post
    I loved FFXI because of its horizontal gearing and gear swaps (stuff like convert, sublimation, +MND, passive, +HP, cure HP enmity cheat, enfeeble/+skill sets, etc since I mostly played RDM/SCH/WHM). The problem is utilizing gear swaps correctly often took multiple macros for PS2 players per WS/spell (vs people that utilized Windower + Spellcast xmls) and many more players simply never bothered doing it, staying gimp forever. SE probably didn't like that and just axed the entire concept from the get-go in 1.0.
    Thats actually not a bad theroy. I for one absolutely loved spellcast and using a game I loved to learn and introduce myself Into programming was the reason I still pplayed earlier this year

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast