1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 18 hours, 2 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 5 hours, 57 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 11 hours, 2 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 22 hours, 57 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Part 9 of 10

If you haven't seen the info from part 8 yet on Ultima Weapon, Crystal Tower, etc., check it out:
    http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/119...=1#post5981517

Highlights:
    -The next expansion (just a few teasers)
    -Promoting the game
    -PS4 and additional PC support
    -Expanding into China and beyond

-----

So, despite the amount of content in 2.1, you won't be issuing a packaged version?

Yoshida: No, this is just intended to be a patch.

Will you in the future?

Yoshida: Yes, but we're not thinking about that until 3.0. That said, the PS4 edition will include patch content. We're not sure if 2.2 will make cut, but 2.1 will be included.

What's your planned update cycle between 2.1 until the expansion of 3.0?

Yoshida: We're planning two and a half to three months. It's still early to talk about 2.2, but we think we'll be able to deliver on that commitment.

So with 2.1 in December, you expect that 2.2 would be in March, and then additional updates in June, September, and December?

Yoshida: We will try our best to make it so.

Previously it was announced that you'd be doing a LIVE letter on a trip to Osaka next year. What are the plans for that?

Yoshida: We are looking into some public centers where we can do this, and we'd like to try to get about 200 players to come out as well.

Will you be doing this around the same time as the PS4 release to promote it?

Yoshida: I'll be talking more about the PS4 version in the 11th LIVE letter. This will be more focused on patch 2.2.

Oh, so it'll be for 2.2?

Yoshida: We're planning to have it in January, so we'll talk about feedback for patch 2.1 and we'll have some details ready to talk about for patch 2.2.

So after you talk about 2.2 in Osaka, any plans to talk about 2.3 or later patches in, say, Sendai or Fukuoka?

Yoshida: We're planning to do this once every two months or so, and hit 5 cities next year. We're looking into Sapporo, Sendai, Nagoya, and Fukuoka.

So you also announced the World Tour, which is good news for players in the West.

Yoshida: That's right. This is something we haven't really done before.

Well, being developed in Japan, I think there would be some bias towards Japan.

Yoshida: Yes, we don't want our overseas users to miss out, so we want to make sure we get everywhere. Even within Japan, we don't want to only focus on metropolitan areas, but we'd like to thank people from all over Japan. I think by having about 200 people at the event, we can enjoy spending about 4 or 5 hours doing a producer letter live, having an open discussion, and having some fun event content like we did with the Titan battle.

Oh, so it won't only be a public broadcast, but you'll also be doing other special events. Sounds like these will take a pretty long time.

Yoshida: Yeah, we think these will be about half day events for the audience members.

So you wont go on for three consecutive days like at a game show?

Yoshida: No, no, just one day. It would be impossible, I'd die (laughs). We'll be doing things on a different scale than for a game show, but it will still be a lot of work.

What are the plans for the World Tour?

Yoshida: I would think about this like the Vana'fests from FFXI. We would plan the scale of those to include thousands of people. It would be something like the Eorzea Festival in Japan. We haven't exactly decided where and when for the US or Europe just yet.

For FFXI, these events were done for two nights at hotel venues - is that what you're thinking of?

Yoshida: Well, maybe. We don't want to spend too much development time, but I also don't think we could restrict it to just one day.

So one thing that became common in FFXI for these events was to announce expansion packs... any planned contents for the World Tour?

Yoshida: We think we'll be doing things along the same lines... so I'll leave it up to your imagination.

For the expansion pack, will it be coming out in the second half of 2014?

Yoshida: I don't know if it will be ready that quickly (laughs). For the world tour, though, we want to make sure we have some new information to announce so people don't feel like they wasted their time, so we'll have some material to talk about.

By the way, you talked about 2.1 and the PS4 edition but you haven't mentioned anything about the DirectX 11 edition. Any progress on that?

Yoshida: We're just working on promoting the PS4 version at the moment. We'll be showing it running on a PS4 during the 11th LIVE letter on December 14.

Will you be showing the PS4 on screen or is it just a demo version of the PS4?

Yoshida: We can't show the PS4 test kit so we'll only be showing the screen, but I think we'll be able to show remote play from the PS Vita.

Yeah, I've seen remote play from the PS Vita and that did look good.

Yoshida: Yes, I think it does run well on the PS4.

From your point of view, what do you think about the PS4 version?

Yoshida: It's great.

How does it compare to the highest quality settings on the PC version?

Yoshida: Well, I can say that it has a lot of memory and I'm definitely happy with the results.

For those who play with the PS3 version, do you plan to have them change to the PS4 version?

Yoshida: Well, it depends on your play style, you'll have an additional choice. Of course, like we announced before, we'll also have the free transfer to the PS4 version, so they may decide to do that.

Does it run in 60 FPS in full HD?

Yoshida: The PS4 edition is focused on getting characters drawn on screen rather than retaining 60 FPS. Even so, there's no particular advantage to maintaining 60 FPS in a MMO.

Makes sense. So for a MMO you're keeping it at 30 FPS so that you can get all of the character on screen.

Yoshida: Yes, it'll be fixed to 30 FPS and we'll instead be trying to get the maximum amount of rendering with that.

Will you be able to use any form of display without restrictions like those on the PS3 version?

Yoshida: It's basically like the PC version, there's no restriction.

Aside from the frame rate, are there any functional limitations on the PS4 version?

Yoshida: This isn't a limitation, but we'll also be adding it to the PC and PS3 versions - we'll be putting in an option to adjust the number of rendered objects. For example, we'll have an option which adjusts the amount of characters displayed. For example, there might be a setting like "party members only."

So how about the progress on the DirectX 11 version with updated graphics for the PC?

Yoshida: We're too focused on the PS4 version right now so it's not totally clear and I can't talk too much about the development. Needless to say, we'll be looking to implement 64-bit support.

So for the new generation of PC games, AMD has their new Radeon cards as well as a proprietary new API called Mantle. It seems like for games, using Mantle works faster than anything before, including the conventional DirectX. Any plans for optimization of the game to support Radeon and Mantle in the future?

Yoshida: That won't be for a while. We're only three months into launch, so we're working on things one at a time. 2.1 is a huge scale update, and starting on February 22, we'll be putting out the PS4 beta version. We're also looking at possibly launching the China version next year, and we've gotten feedback and are looking into versions for Taiwan, South Korea, and Russia as well. We're taking it one step at a time.

Understood. So the expansion into new territories will start with China next year?

Yoshida: There's a chance, we're considering starting from there.

Will you have local servers separate from the existing server group?

Yoshida: Yes. Although the current service is global, we want to regionally deploy the different versions so that players don't struggle to be able to play.

This sounds totally different from the policies of FFXI overseas expansion.

Yoshida: Is that right?

Yeah, in FFXI the policy was to place all servers in Japan so that all services could take place in-house. It never expanded outside there.

Yoshida: I see. Well, when I took over FFXIV, we had already decided to work on expanding into China, and we've been working with Shanda Games on the China version.

In the future will Shanda be working to deploy other versions besides the Chinese version like the Korean or Russian versions?

Yoshida: The China version is a priority because it's huge in the online gaming market.

Do you have a beta test planned for the Chinese version?

Yoshida: Not just yet. We're working with Shanda to plan the beta version.

So you're working on both internally?

Yoshida: Yeah, basically we're moving forward with the translations at the same time as the Japanese version.

Any planned date for official service in China?

Yoshida: Right now all we've announced is "next year."

What will the business model be for China?

Yoshida: We're still talking about it. We haven't even decided whether we'll do a freemium style game. The state is a little chaotic in the freemium market in China, so we're talking about it with Shanda.

So next year you'll have about six languages that you're supporting?

Yoshida: It hasn't been so easy. World of Warcraft didn't launch in China until it's fifth year. It's a lot of work to start operating in a new territory, so we're looking into how we can spread to a more global version over the span of about three years.

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Chamaan View Post
    AK gear is getting downgraded so that's not so important anymore (enjoy looking for the equivalent from Pharos, everyone)!
    I see a lot of people mention this but does anyone have a link? Seems kinda silly considering that would render AK pretty much worthless seeing as WP has ilvl55 gear already and drops a weapon to boot. Then consider that WP is shorter to complete and objectively easier even without speed run strategies. AK would only see use out of relic quest and I guess accessories.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

PS4 version locked at 30fps. That's awful. Oh well. master race and all.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Voyage1970 View Post
    I see a lot of people mention this but does anyone have a link? Seems kinda silly considering that would render AK pretty much worthless seeing as WP has ilvl55 gear already and drops a weapon to boot. Then consider that WP is shorter to complete and objectively easier even without speed run strategies. AK would only see use out of relic quest and I guess accessories.
    There was mention about it in the live letter. Let me dig for a direct quote.

=EDIT=

1:31:22
    Q: Compared to dungeons already available, how hard is Pharos Sirius?
    A: Item-level wise, if you've collected all of your job-specific equipment you'll be able to challenge this dungeon. The equipment you can receive as rewards are item level 60. We've made adjustments to the difficulty of Pharos Sirius and the hard mode dungeons so they are on par with each other. We'll also be easing the difficulty of Amdapor Keep, making it the same level as the Wanderer’s Palace, so we will also be adjusting some of the reward items as well.
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...812-02-2013%29

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zettai Ryouiki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Wow, that sounds awful. I personally don't see any reason to play on a console over a PC outside of someone being unable to afford one, just seems like a bad idea when it comes to MMOs (especially when there's 3rd party addons being supported later in the future, on top of the mods that we already have).

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

There was mention about it in the live letter. Let me dig for a direct quote.
    Ah I see, thanks. Still don't see the point but I suppose in the grand scheme of things it really doesn't matter considering Darklight exists.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Hoplite circlet is pretty badass of an item for tanks. Many War builds have hoplite circlet used until either you have a metric shit-ton of allagan/AF+1 to take the acc hit to finally get rid of this thing, or rolling all the way onto allagan helm from TT. I know not every AK piece fits that profile, but some of that AK shit is pretty swank for a long time.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Here's hoping the shit from Pharos and CT changes that, eh? Well not Pharos, since it'll be ilevel 60 still. Damnit we need more Acc. Please let there be some on the new GAxes.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

For example, there might be a setting like "party members only."
    Slowly getting there for making PS3 less insufferable.

Wtf @ 30fps on PS4 though. At least give some graphical options so they could make it work either way.

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Hoplite circlet is pretty badass of an item for tanks. Many War builds have hoplite circlet used until either you have a metric shit-ton of allagan/AF+1 to take the acc hit to finally get rid of this thing, or rolling all the way onto allagan helm from TT. I know not every AK piece fits that profile, but some of that AK shit is pretty swank for a long time.
    My point was that if AK gear is being downgraded to ilvl55 then WP already has gear that level that is pretty much exactly the same. Using your Hoplite Circlet example, WP has Vermilion Coif which has the same stats. I just don't see the purpose of AK anymore except for the accessories and Relic requirement.

Here's hoping the shit from Pharos and CT changes that, eh? Well not Pharos, since it'll be ilevel 60 still. Damnit we need more Acc. Please let there be some on the new GAxes.
    Moogle weapons are comparable to NQ Relic and all of those have Acc+Crit so at the very least we'll have that to rely on. Given the stat spreads on Bravura+1, Allagan Axe I predict the new primal weapon will have Crit because Skill Speed/Parry and Determination/Acc are taken.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Shit questions about Crystal Tower. Ugh.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Part 10 of 10 (yay)

I hope the CT item lockout thing is super clearly addressed tomorrow like "you can only get one item per week, regardless of whether you need, greed, or neither." No one has ever clearly asked this, and it's never clearly been answered, as far as whether a bunch of people can pass items to each other. Certainly seems like no, but clarity would be nice.

Highlights:
    -CT item lockout (no new info, no additional clarity)
    -Discussion about content restrictions
    -Player housing

-----

What are your expectations for what the world will feel like after the addition of 2.1?

Yoshida: Up until now, I think the game has had a narrow range of activities so players only had a narrow amount of motivations so they may have felt like they were being cooped up. If you think about it like trees, it's as if we had a lot of leaves and branches, but they were all coming from the same tree. With the addition of PvP and player housing to Eorzea, new trees will begin to sprout. From those new trees, the foliage will get even thicker. And since all these branches are entangled with one another, you be able to pick what you want from any of the trees and enjoy it every day.

One thing is that we want to add more content which players can do on a weekly or daily basis. For example, right now we only have the weekly limit of 300 tomestones of mythology, and the weekly restriction on clearing the Binding Coil of Bahamut.

In this new patch, there will be a new weekly limit for the right to loot items in Crystal Tower. For example, if you go once and three items drop, if you "need" any of the items and have a winning roll, you will not be able to "need" until a specific time the following week. However, this is only if you obtain the item. You can "need" as many times as you want until you obtain an item, and then not again until it resets, so please use "need" to obtain only the items you really want first. However, since you can enter the content as many times as you want, you'll be able to help out your friends, in case a group needs a couple of additional people to be able to enter.

If I can't "need" can I still "greed"?

Yoshida: You won't be able to need or greed until the reset, so if you are able to "need" you should use it.

Oh, so in other words, the specification is designed so that players can only get one item per week.

Yoshida: That's right. Like I said before, though, there will be other kinds of daily activities. The beastman quests available will be random each day, and once you clear six you won't be able to do any more on that day.

Also, for the extreme primals. There will be three extreme primals, and once you clear all three, that will be the end for now. After the three, you'll receive an item that you can exchange for a new weapon at item level 90.

There's no limit to how many times you can fight the primals themselves, but you can only obtain the item to receive a weapon once per week. So if you do this every week, you'll be able to receive an item level 90 weapon each week.

So based on that, there will be a total of five different things with limits that you can take on over the course of a week, so maybe you can first clear the Binding Coil, then collect mythology, which will be increasing to a limit of 450 per week, and then get the item that you want from Crystal Tower. But... that's not all. You'll also be able to do the Beastman quests every day, defeat the three extreme primals each week for a level 90 weapon, and since there are only eight jobs, it would only take eight weeks to get all the weapons. We didn't add these different restrictions as pure limitations, but rather than to prevent players from repeating certain content over and over until they got tired of it.

Even with the limits on each individual content, it would still be a lot if you do it all.

Yoshida: I think the people who first look at the patch notes for 2.1 might see that it's full of restrictions, but it's more that we don't want players to get burned out on the content, and we're shooting for players to feel that they don't need to rush through content as fast as possible.

We'll also be adding the treasure hunts, Wolves' Den, and player housing, guildleves, and guild orders, as well as the Duty Roulette. So instead of thinking about the individual restrictions, I hope players think about it on the whole and plan to do some of these other things in their extra time.

Will there be any restrictions in 2.1 on Wolves' Den or player housing?

Yoshida: Not really. You can play through Wolves' Den as many times as you want, and continue to exchange the points for items. For player housing, there will be more than 300 kinds of items, and it will be a difficult task to obtain them all. There will be different furniture, fences, walls, roofs, weathervanes... it will take a lot of time to get them all.

I know it's been a secret so far, but anything on the price of housing?

Yoshida: We still haven't decided.

You're lying (laughs).

Yoshida: No, truly.

Can you at least talk about how the price will go down every six hours for the auction?

Yoshida: We're looking at rough calculations for now (laughs). There's a precedent from Dragon Quest X, so we've been looking at that. Actually, we're just working out the price list of all the housing items and the land, and we want to make some adjustments to the algorithm of calculating the price trends based on a couple of questions that arose.

What kinds of questions? Was the pricing too high?

Yoshida: No, we just wanted to look into the validity and basis for the numbers to make sure the prices are valid.

What about... the number of digits, can you at least say how many digits the price will be?

Yoshida: The price of construction won't be so high, but the land will be, just like in reality. This is because we want to allow for people to rebuild if they desire.

Any last message for the readers?

Yoshida: We're really sorry to have kept you waiting. I talked about this earlier in another interview, but it's like an amusement park, where we have the Main Street with the main scenario and a big roller coaster with the vertical content progression, but in patch 2.1, we'll also be adding the coffee shop and the Ferris wheel. So that ticket that you purchased back then, you were still seeing all the elements come together, and we're sorry that you've had to wait. In a sense, I think with this patch that it will be like the grand opening of the amusement park called Eorzea, so I hope that everyone can come and enjoy it.

Thank you very much for your time!

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Actually, I don't think he'd mentioned in the past that you can help others out on the extreme primals even if you already beat them in any given week, so that was good confirmation.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Seems pretty clear to me. You're only getting one item per week, period.

And Seravi pointed this out in the BG LS.

Quote Originally Posted by Slycer View Post
    We didn't add these different restrictions as pure limitations, but rather than to prevent players from repeating certain content over and over until they got tired of it.
    Fucking lol.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Rested bonus is actually only 50% unless you count armory bonus as well.
    Dumb question but is there any way to confirm the armory bonus? I thought it was supposed to kick in whenever you hit your first 50 but between food/rested/dLevel I can't really tell if I'm getting it or not. I haven't hit 50 on a job since ARR launched but I would presume having three 50s in 1.0 entitles me to it.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Cutriss View Post
    Dumb question but is there any way to confirm the armory bonus? I thought it was supposed to kick in whenever you hit your first 50 but between food/rested/dLevel I can't really tell if I'm getting it or not. I haven't hit 50 on a job since ARR launched but I would presume having three 50s in 1.0 entitles me to it.
    Whenever you kill something and the EXP shows in the log, it says (+XXX%) next to the EXP value, and it's a sum of all the different potential EXP bonuses. Armoury bonus, chain bonus, food bonus, FC effect bonus, rested bonus, equipment bonus, etc. The bonus is already baked into the number that shows up, it's just telling you the bonus as a side note, basically. If you have none of the other bonuses active, it should say (+50%) if your armoury bonus is active. From what the game says, I think the armoury bonus is in effect whenever you're leveling a class that's lower than the highest level class you have. I don't think there's anywhere else that you can explicitly confirm that you have the armoury bonus active.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Yeah so basically I would have to exhaust the rested bonus, which I've never done, lol.

Well, if I wanted it to *only* display that, I mean. Obviously if I just only kill one mob every two or three minutes, make sure FC bonus is off, don't eat, then I should just have 50%+armory.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Cutriss View Post
    Yeah so basically I would have to exhaust the rested bonus, which I've never done, lol.
    Well, rested EXP is a flat +50%, so if you see +100%, then it's rested+armoury.

Vuitton

The CT loot system is basically Zero-Sum DKP with a weekly reset. Better make sure you really want an item before you roll need, and you better think about who you're rolling against. I see a lot of negotiations and drama happening in the form of behind the scene tells. "I am only going to roll on X item this week, so please don't roll on it, you can get A or B or C items and I won't roll on those." And then "haha, I rolled against you and won even though I said I wouldn't!" I guess the fact that you can run it as many times as you want though will ameliorate those types of situations at least.

Also, what is going to discourage players from dropping out after they win an item? "I got mine, bye!" You know someone is going to do it.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ada Rusheart
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The most obvious thing for that is to have the chests only pop right at the end, one can only hope S-E have the foresight.