1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 17 hours, 58 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 6 hours, 1 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 10 hours, 58 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 23 hours, 1 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I like how his initial assertion was that beyond level 40 3x Dungeon Runs would net you one level, when in reality even with rested + armoury bonus you are lucky to get 1/4 per run and it still takes about 5 times longer than getting the same exp from FATEs. He acts like people are doing FATEs because its "easier" and more "leisurely" not that it's simply the most effective method of leveling. I honestly don't see how a 50% boost to base dungeon exp is gonna make any difference unless the Roulette bonus is another massive boost like 50-100%. They could also make all mobs in dungeons cap at the max level of the dungeon so you can get chain bonus on them even with sync'd people. That alone would help a lot.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

I have no intention of ever leveling a class solo, so no roulette for me and dungeons are still worthless in comparison. Needed way more than a 50% boost for mid-late levels. Better than nothing but it definitely falls short of what should have happened.

I'm pretty sure dungeon EXP isn't THAT bad, it's just that decent XP from Dungeon (and grinding monsters, I'm pretty sure if you just grinded shit for EXP chains you'd get more if you did it right) requires your group to be competent and because of that it would need to be a big difference to actually warrant the effort. As it is, it's easier and probably more xp/hour for me to just sit around and read a book while exp rains on me every couple minutes. Granted I still run dungeons anyway just so my brain won't melt from boredom, but that really shouldn't be the only reason I opt for it.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

well this was a depressing as fuck interview

THANKS A LOT SYLCER

It's sooo veiny
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Thanke Slycer, although not exactly what everyone wantes to hear.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    I'm pretty sure dungeon EXP isn't THAT bad
    Compared to FATEs? It really is that bad. Dungeons are fine until mid 20s, after that the EXP they give is comparatively worse by a long shot. By the time you hit the 40s the difference is insane.

I honestly don't remember anymore since I've only taken one combat job past 30 so far (lol wut a scrub) and spent most of my time not doing endgame just gathering/crafting. But as I recall, a dungeon monster could give like, at least 1k xp. A FATE is typically worth what, like 30k? It all depends on if you have a good dungeon group, I'd think. The bonus of dungeon running is that you get shiny armor while you're doing it, but aside from Copperbell/Brayflox/Aurum I don't think there was any unique skins to collect and obviously the time you spent getting it could've probably just been spent outleveling the damn stuff.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

You can do way more FATEs in the time it takes to a run a dungeon though. The only time I found it comparable was Stone Vigil would net you like 110k maybe and Coerthas FATEs were way full.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

FATEs are definitely faster but dungeons aren't mind-numbingly boring so they do have that advantage. I always use a mix of the two to level new stuff and I have to say that with the dungeon EXP boost that'll become 'slightly' easier.

Happy about that change even though it could be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    I honestly don't remember anymore since I've only taken one combat job past 30 so far (lol wut a scrub) and spent most of my time not doing endgame just gathering/crafting. But as I recall, a dungeon monster could give like, at least 1k xp. A FATE is typically worth what, like 30k? It all depends on if you have a good dungeon group, I'd think. The bonus of dungeon running is that you get shiny armor while you're doing it, but aside from Copperbell/Brayflox/Aurum I don't think there was any unique skins to collect and obviously the time you spent getting it could've probably just been spent outleveling the damn stuff.
    Dungeon mobs give decent exp if you go there at the lowest level but once you're 1 level higher (and not getting any chains <-- big problem they should have fixed) it takes a nosedive real quick.

Ultimately the biggest problem with lvling in dungeons is still going to be queue time for DDs, it's so abysmal that you're always going to be better off in a FATE pt (where you can't queue) and reaping those benefits.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

A lot of players focus on the restrictions on the content separately, but if you look at everything together (binding coil, extreme primal battles, crystal tower, beastman daily quests, mythology tomestone limits...) it should be easy to set up a content rotation.
    That's still at most 4 hours of content. (excluding Beastman dailies, which I doubt most people will do)

I'm also interested in the hybrid concept, but they'd need to add a lot of jobs to make that work.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

If you haven't seen the ridiculous logo they're talking about in the interview:

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I don't trust SE to make a hybrid class. Hybrids require careful balancing to either not be completely useless or completely outstrip a main class at what its supposed to do. Given how SE "balanced" War for ARR's launch... yeah. I'll pay another company to attempt to revive FFV's Sorcerer/Mage Knight class.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Therin View Post
    That's still at most 4 hours of content. (excluding Beastman dailies, which I doubt most people will do)

I'm also interested in the hybrid concept, but they'd need to add a lot of jobs to make that work.
    No way man, Crystal Tower alone is like 10 hours of content since you're going after one specific drop! (lol)

Also, I doubt they'd add more than like.. three? hybrid jobs - one for each combination (DPS/healer, DPS/tank, healer/tank). Differentiation would be a huge issue, though, at least for a healer/DPS class. For example, white mage and scholar are really both already kind of healer/DPS hybrids. I guess they could push it more towards DPS for a true healer/DPS hybrid class, but scholar and white mage each already have several unique DPS spells/abilities, including Holy, which is one of the best in the game. Warrior's also pretty well on its way to a DPS/tank hybrid.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

RDM will be a Healer/Tank combo off of Gladiator.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lyn Tah'row
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Slycer View Post

Ahahahahaha

It's like the title screen for a early nineties fighting game

It's sooo veiny
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Slycer View Post

Really like the realm reborn logo but wtf is this shit?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    I don't trust SE to make a hybrid class. Hybrids require careful balancing to either not be completely useless or completely outstrip a main class at what its supposed to do. Given how SE "balanced" War for ARR's launch... yeah. I'll pay another company to attempt to revive FFV's Sorcerer/Mage Knight class.
    Scholar is an excellent example of an hybrid class. It's still mainly an healer but their DPS is not bad at all, I always have Cleric Stance on in most situations because the fairy can heal the whole party on her own (unless people are stupid).
    WHM too but it's more limited in comparison, Holy is amazing for adds.

Black Belt
    BG Level

totally thought of Dragonball Z when i saw that.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Looks like the original Disgaea font.