1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 2 hours, 22 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 21 hours, 37 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 19 hours, 22 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 14 hours, 37 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
    CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Weapon Physical Damage and Auto-Attack ???

Sorry, noob question here, but I don't get what these stats do.

My guess is Physical Damage is the base damage for weaponskill calculations and Auto-Attack is the base damage for automatic melee hits...
    And I also guess it's not that simple >.<;

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

It's that simple.

It's why any calculation of "DPS" rating for a weapon is irrelevant because the DMG rating only matters for skills which are tied to the GCD, not a weapon's AA delay.

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

From what others have gleaned from some rough Damage Calculations your Weaponskill damage is a function of Weapon Damage modified by STR(or DEX for BRD) and DET and ultimately multiplied by potency (ie. 150 potency is 150% of whatever the WD+STR+DET function returns). Auto-Attacks potency is based on WeaponDelay/3 and the Auto-Attack value on the weapon is just a value based on your WD times the potency to give a rough estimate of how much your WD affects your Auto-attacks, before STR and DET.

For example Curtana+1 has 2.32 delay which means it's auto-attacks have a 2.32/3 or 77.33 potency. 46 WeaponDamage times 77.33 potency means your auto-attacks will utilize 35.57 (Auto-Attack value) of your WD in auto-attacks before STR and DET are calculated.