1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 2 hours, 56 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 21 hours, 4 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 19 hours, 56 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 14 hours, 4 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Why wouldn't you stun them?

You like making the fight harder (not that it's very hard, but still) than it needs to be?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Are... are you serious right now? We all knew Ifrit Extreme was coming... Do you seriously think stun will work in there? I was telling them to do it without stun so they could get a taste of it.

The end result will likely be that everyone will have to stack in the same spot, and run in the same path so nobody boxes anyone else in from the multi-Eruptions.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Not to mention stunning all of those eruptions gives a good boost the the limit break gauge.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Ifrit doesn't need to knock people out of the battlefield to be crazy hard, just have 5 of him dash all over the place and have plumes come out during the dashes.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Ifrit should adopt the insta-kill flames from TT, and I look forward to dodging 3-5 landslides all at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Are... are you serious right now? We all knew Ifrit Extreme was coming... Do you seriously think stun will work in there? I was telling them to do it without stun so they could get a taste of it.

The end result will likely be that everyone will have to stack in the same spot, and run in the same path so nobody boxes anyone else in from the multi-Eruptions.
    Are you seriously running NQ Ifrit in preparation for Extreme?

If someone who never did 1.0 Ifrit (and never had to deal with eruptions) can't grasp how they work with a 2 sentence explanation and a brief demonstration then I wouldn't bring them to an Extreme fight to begin with.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    They could just the route of adding a severe DPS check to make it hard. Or alternatively a high HP check that you'll struggle to make whilst weakened.
    I'd have to think that the 16 nails, including one big one which presumably has a lot more HP than the rest, are intended to be a severe DPS check. They're spread out all across the arena, so a well-placed LB would probably only hit about half of them. I hope the game doesn't go the way of ever-increasing max HP checks (aside from on the tanks, of course), because once you're fully IL90 equipped, your non-tank character is probably losing hundreds of HP vs. crafted IL70 accessories melded with VIT that you might have been using earlier. If you have to start backing off on IL90 stuff and use melded IL70 stuff just to survive fights, that would be super lame.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Are you seriously running NQ Ifrit in preparation for Extreme?

If someone who never did 1.0 Ifrit (and never had to deal with eruptions) can't grasp how they work with a 2 sentence explanation and a brief demonstration then I wouldn't bring them to an Extreme fight to begin with.
    I would be, if people would go along with it. If people can't do Hard without stuns, they sure as hell aren't going to be completing Extreme. I've seen far too many people who don't even move for Eruptions because they're relying on the stunner, and I want them to get it through their thick heads what that move is.

If someone who never did 1.0 Ifrit (and never had to deal with eruptions) can't grasp how they work with a 2 sentence explanation and a brief demonstration then you should bring them to Ifrit (Hard) to train instead.

My point was that I have no idea who's capable of handling unstunned eruptions until I see them do it.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

I trained for Ultima (Hard) on regular Ultima

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

If there was an actual mechanic to train for on Ultima, that would make sense.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

invulnerable magitek bits please be a thing

Dr. Salami
    HERO OF TIME

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Selamis Bloodwood
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    They said they're changing raise to make you invulnerable for a few seconds while you are rooted. So you will be able to get up much easier than you can now. Though I'm just assuming that is making it into 2.1, I can't remember if they said it will or not.

But yeah Ratatapa makes a good point. They could change the way the edge works. We'll have to see.
    Thank fucking God. I hated Titan for that very reason lol, first time I did the HM fight, didn't know that you weren't supposed to attack the bombs, died, got raised, as was locked in place as an aoe went off and killed me again, where I lay until an eventual wipe lol.

If there was an actual mechanic to train for on Ultima, that would make sense.
    -Patterned skills from all 3 primals
    -Pewpew laser bots
    -Proximity bombs with scaling damage by distance

I assume you're off to train in Prae now?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

- Move
    - Move
    - Move

The only reason I suggest training for Ifrit is because the strategy requires you to not box other people in, and definitely not run your eruptions over to the tank. If it was as simple as "Just move", then I wouldn't even suggest it. I'm not sure why this is so difficult to grasp.

Also, there is no mechanic in Ultima where you can completely ignore those moves, so your comparison is a bad one. You can stand there and eat the damage if you want, but you at least get to see what's going on. I bet there are people out there who don't even realize that Ifrit's Eruptions come in groups of three after a while.

I'm glad you trust the people you'll be doing Extremes with so much. I don't.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

for the record i wasn't even attacking Raldo

literally did do Ultima purposefully taking the most damage possible / leaving bits up etc

i didn't call it "training" seriously but we did jokingly refer to it as "hard mode training" THEN THIS SHIT HAPPENS

- Move
    - Move
    - Move

The only reason I suggest training for Ifrit is because the strategy requires you to not box other people in, and definitely not run your eruptions over to the tank. If it was as simple as "Just move", then I wouldn't even suggest it. I'm not sure why this is so difficult to grasp.

Also, there is no mechanic in Ultima where you can completely ignore those moves, so your comparison is a bad one. You can stand there and eat the damage if you want, but you at least get to see what's going on. I bet there are people out there who don't even realize that Ifrit's Eruptions come in groups of three after a while.
    Eruptions and You: A Guide

-Move*

*in a direction where other people aren't standing

It may take literally minutes to get the hang of it, but you'll get there!

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Great, now add the fact that three (or more!) people are trailing Eruptions and lets see everyone do it right. Something tells me the easy strategy is going to be that all the ranged stack in one place, and have a planned run route.

I would love to see a video of when you first run this. I'm sure no one will mess up Eruptions.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Why is dodging eruptions suddenly an issue when it was a basic requirement of the normal fight in 1.0?

I mean yeah it requires people to move and actually be wary of where they move to but it isn't exactly rocket science.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Did 1.0 spawn Eruptions under multiple people? I don't even remember.

2.0 makes it harder because he does a set of Eruptions right before he covers the arena in lava. So if you're not stunning, you'll both need to dodge all your eruptions, not box yourself or anyone in, and make sure you're not at the back of the arena before he covers it in lava.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Why is dodging eruptions suddenly an issue when it was a basic requirement of the normal fight in 1.0?
    Because not everyone played 1.0 so they never learned how to do it.

Dodging bombs in Titan shouldn't be an issue either but people still cock that up. Not even implying Eruptions are hard

Did 1.0 spawn Eruptions under multiple people? I don't even remember.
    1.0 Hardmode did at least under 2 people (post-Hellfire), possibly 3. I was not around for Extreme.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast