FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satu Rhean
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Storm is the best X-Men. She constantly rises to the occasion, even when she was depowered. It sucks that movie Storm is terrible, especially when you consider how badass comic Storm is.

Spoiler for Big
    Spoiler: show

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

damn, yeah. thinking of storm as more the embodiment of Nature than just a mutant who controls the weather makes her way more badass.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Reve View Post
    Spoiler: show
    Damn, that is a pretty badass representation of Storm. I'm assuming when Kurt and Logan are talking about stopping her they are referring to Jean and the Phoenix? Was this version of Storm ever developed further?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Wtf, that's garbage Chris Claremont writing, from the 70's or early 80's no less.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

boy do I not miss narration boxes

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    boy do I not miss narration boxes
    Rick Remender will actually make you miss them. That man can make them work.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    cartoon Rogue so much better than movie Rogue
    I don't know if you ever watch True Blood but Anna Paquin has gotten all kinds of naked and freaky deaky on that show, she's pretty hot. But yeah, she doesn't have the cartoon Rogue ass.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    I don't know if you ever watch True Blood but Anna Paquin has gotten all kinds of naked and freaky deaky on that show, she's pretty hot. But yeah, she doesn't have the cartoon Rogue ass.
    I have - True Blood Anna Paquin is a huge step up from childish pathetic X-Men Anna Paquin.

She's still more like Jubilee from the cartoon (is a noob, has no idea what's going on). Same thing with Storm. I think they should cast Serena Williams as Storm and

http://static2.businessinsider.com/i...n-engineer.jpg

as Rogue. God, why haven't I been given a casting director job yet.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satu Rhean
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Nevermore View Post
    Damn, that is a pretty badass representation of Storm. I'm assuming when Kurt and Logan are talking about stopping her they are referring to Jean and the Phoenix? Was this version of Storm ever developed further?
    It has rarely shown up. Usually it's when she's creating a direct link with the Earth. This has, on rare occasions, allowed her a deeper connection with the Universe. She was able to create Jupiter-like atmosphere on some occasions.

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

I can't believe they would announce this already. Now everyone has to wait even longer!

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

i know! why can't i get my DeadPool Movie! all i want is a smart mouthed unkillable murdering machine i can truly love

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

There is a pretty good Deadpool in the animated Hulk vs. Wolverine movie from a couple years ago. I think it's on Netflix instant, too.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

surprised no one posted Savage Land Rogue

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ryan Sohmer is outrageously unfunny. THE WORST.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Gambit & Nightcrawler may appear
    When Twentieth Century Fox and producer Lauren Shuler Donner brought director Bryan Singer back into the X-Men film universe with X-Men: First Class - a movie Singer was originally set to direct – little did we know that the man behind the first two X-Men films would end up working on an entire new trilogy of series installments. Singer of course, had to drop out of the First Class director’s chair due to scheduling with another project (Jack the Giant Slayer) and so Matthew Vaughn (Kick-Ass) stepped in.

For the First Class sequel, an ambitious project that also doubles as a followup to the original X-trilogy, Singer and Vaughn trade spots as both of their roles expand. Singer is helming X-Men: Days of Future Past with Vaughn producing it and Fox’s other upcoming Marvel movie, Fantastic Four, while Simon Kinberg helps write both. This of course, is just a new beginning for the studio’s own version of the Marvel Cinematic Universe where we’re going to see quicker releases between films and stories that span over multiple movies.

It’s because of that plan that Kinberg signed a three-year deal with the studio and it’s how he, Singer and writers Dan Harris and Michael Dougherty, are already breaking the story for a Days of Future Past followup titled X-Men: Apocalypse, which will serve as the trilogy-closing installment for the younger First Class team.

We know from Singer’s brief teases of the next film that it’ll be an ’80s period piece (First Class was in the ’60s and Days of Future Past takes place mostly in the ’70s) meaning we’re going to again see slightly aged versions of Jennifer Lawrence’s Mystique, Michael Fassbender’s Magneto, James McAvoy’s Professor X and Nicholas Hoult’s Beast. We wouldn’t be surprised if ’80s Wolverine is in there too considering we’re seeing two versions of him in Days of Future Past.

What other mutant characters could we see on the ’80s X-Men roster fighting off against Apocalypse in a film that’ll feature the most “mass destruction” the franchise has seen and ancient mutants? According to Singer in an interview (translated) with Cine PREMIERE, he wants to bring back two familiar fan-fave characters from the comics.

I’m considering a Gambit and potentially a young Nightcrawler for Apocalypse. [We were] going to have to Nightcrawler [in Days of Future Past] and even wrote a scene, but I felt that we were forcing too mutants known history.
    Gambit of course, was rumored to be a contender for introduction in X-Men: The Last Stand but that was before Singer – and funny enough, Vaughn too – left the project and Brett Ratner took over. The character did finally get an introduction in the spinoff X-Men Origins: Wolverine with Canadian actor Taylor Kitsch taking on the role, but suffering from the same adaptation issues most international characters face in the franchise – he lost his accent and wasn’t the “Ragin’ Cajun” fans know and love from the books. Take a look at Colossus, Banshee and Pyro for more examples of characters who didn’t get their signature accents either.

As for the one cool X-Men who did get a good translation into live-action, Nightcrawler, the lovable teleporter stole the screen in X-Men 2 when played by Alan Cumming only to never return again. Don’t be surprised to see a younger version of him, alongside Gambit, in Apocalypse. The real question is who will play them. If X-Men: Apocalypse takes place in the ’80s, that’s not far off from where X-Men Origins: Wolverine took place so Taylor Kitsch – who expressed interested in returning to the character – could come back. But then again, producer Lauren Shuler Donner is keen on making a Gambit standalone feature with Channing Tatum, who’s willing to do Gambit’s real Cajun accent.
    http://screenrant.com/x-men-apocalyp...-nightcrawler/
    http://www.cinepremiere.com.mx/36034...pocalypse.html

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Simply can not picture Channing Tatum as Gambit.

Myr said I should dodge roll
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fiendish One
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Senji View Post
    Simply can not picture Channing Tatum as an actor.
    ftfy

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

They really missed the boat on Gambit by not getting that dude that played Sawyer on Lost.