+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Not in my game, but I've seen videos of it. Was kinda confusing me in this episode because
    Spoiler: show
    You could take Duncan to be your 2nd to the dinner, and he'll throw an axe thru Ludd's head if you command it, but he ends up betraying you? I could have sworn the maester was going to be the traitor. Oh well. Game of Thrones, lol

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

The whole traitor thing is dumb

It's always whoever you didn't choose to be Sentinel regardless of all the other actions.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I figured that would be the case. Was a little miffed there was no "next time on Game of Thrones" teaser, but I got to thinking about it and I don't recall The Walking Dead having one for the final episode either.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Oh man, I was so busy thinking about that ending I didn't even notice.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    The whole traitor thing is dumb

It's always whoever you didn't choose to be Sentinel regardless of all the other actions.

I was wondering about that after the ending scene said "You and XX% Chose to Spare the Traitor's Life" or something similar rather than "Spare Duncan's life". Plus, the dialogue seemed a little interchangable when he was ranting. I find that a little bit annoying; I'd really rather have that kind of thing story dependent rather than my choice dependent. It also means whoever it wasn't is not involved at all next season. No idea if the Forresters will still be around or not next season, which means the ending of the season is probably a little more up in the air, which I like.

And Fuck the Whitehills.
    Except the blond sister, she's OK. Or is she?

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I don't think the non traitor won't be involved next season. They could just make both of them do the exact same things. I think the same is going to apply between Asher and Rodrik.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'm kind of expecting an epic bloodbath ending in which nobody, Forrester or Whitehill, survives. I'm also REALLY interested to see how Gared's story wraps up and finding out if, infact, there really IS an ice dragon living beyond the wall. That would possibly have more impact on the show/books than anything that happens between the two families.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I don't think there will be an Ice Dragon just because it would be too much of a revelation for both the show and book. I can't think of the North Grove being any more than a mild disappointment.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'm starting to wonder if the North Grove is actually the same place where Bran & Hodor are chilling. Would be worth it for a HODOR cameo in episode 6.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tekni Wintersbane
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Mok'Nathal

Holy fuuuuuuuck. I just finished the first episode. Apparently i made the wrong ass choice.
    Fuck the boltons. Fucker tried to take my sister after i invited his bitch ass into my keep so i stopped him, so he fucking stabbed me in the throat? too bad it was 20 to 1 or reyland would have kicked some ass.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Trust me, you didn't make the wrong choice.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Episode 6 release date finally announced -- November 17th on all platforms.

That's almost 4 months after Episode 5 came out (July 21st), whereas previous chapters were all 2 months or less. I'm really hoping this works out to mean it's fantastic, glorious, and lengthy.

I was also really hoping this was going to come out before Fallout 4; if that game is as engrossing as I hope it is, I may not get to this until February.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I think it just means that they put efforts into finishing up Tales from the Borderlands which was coming out in 4 month cycles but the last 2 came out super fast.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yeah, they had Tales From The Borderlands, Minecraft Story Mode, and a rerelease of Back To The Future all ahead of this. Plus they are also working on The Walking Dead: Michonne as well. Busy time for TTG.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Final episode bump. Not surprised at what happened. Now I wonder if I played as a wuss the entire game... nope, not going to finish that thought. Fuck all those Whitehills. Enjoyed Borderlands way more though.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by synistar View Post
    Final episode bump. Not surprised at what happened. Now I wonder if I played as a wuss the entire game... nope, not going to finish that thought. Fuck all those Whitehills. Enjoyed Borderlands way more though.
    Apparently you either rescue Ryon OR win the war, but not both. That's kind of brutal. Also, if you agree to marry the asshole, does Mira live? I told him to fuck off, and ended up without a head. Seems to me that if there's a Season 2, it's not going to be able to involve most of the same characters. The whole Kings Landing storyline is dead, and either Breska has Ryon or the Forresters win, meaning Rodrick/Asher is still alive, but either in Ironwrath or off in the boonies with Talisa and the sentinel, yes? That's a whole lot of options for a Season 2 to try to make work.

And fuck the Whitehills.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

How do you win the war? I don't think its possible. The whole thing is setup for sequel bait. Fuck if I knew that I would've given up that little runt to win lol.

Also does Mira actually survive if you agree to marry the dude? I played her ruthlessly right up till that point and now I regret it. Should've agreed to have her live.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

TTG, these motherfuckers are gonna make me wait another two years for season 2 before I finally get to kill Ludd Whitehill, aren't they? I thought the ending thing with the TV characters writing letters and talking about our actions was pretty neat. I guess I'll do another playthrough at some point point where I keep Roderik alive. I, too, had Mira tell him to fuck off and got the axe. Kinda wondering if playing Mira as a typical conniving King's Landing bitch would change anything (ie don't kill the guard in ep 2, steal & lie about everything, etc). I was also slightly disappointed that the North Grove wasn't protected by a literal Ice Dragon, but I suppose that would probably be an incredible revelation they would save for the TV show or books.

Also, this game sucks balls on 360. Constantly locks up when there are multiple characters/animations on screen. It made the Battle of Ironrath almost unplayable. Ugh.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Thought about redoing the end to have Mira marry and save herself, but then I realized this is Telltale, since she was given a potential death, now they will probably find a reason to kill her off at the start of next season. Maybe even offscreen.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    How do you win the war? I don't think its possible. The whole thing is setup for sequel bait. Fuck if I knew that I would've given up that little runt to win lol.

Also does Mira actually survive if you agree to marry the dude? I played her ruthlessly right up till that point and now I regret it. Should've agreed to have her live.
    I haven't done it personally because in my playthrough I picked Asher to survive, but if I am understanding the GoT wiki correctly, if Roderik survives, things go substantially different. Instead of the choices of poison or ambush that Asher gets, Roderik and some men will sneak into the Whitehill camp in the middle of the night where you have to choose to either kill Ludd or rescue Ryon from Gryff.