Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Records of Eminence     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Well i mean the wand, sword, and scimitar has 15 acc on the latent (as an example) but dagger and katana both have 39 in their latent. But I am also just now noticing dagger and katana are the only ones I have gotten that also come with 24 acc without the latent, and 25+15 is 39. I wonder why they put more accuracy on those weapons. I would almost feel like a slower 2 hander would benefit more from the acc because of high delay makin misses more hurtful?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I know what you meant. I'm justing saying I can't think of anytime latents add up like that. The latent just replaces the previous non ls tent stat. Thinking it's probably just a typo.

Edit: Guess this update clarified it and now the latents say 39... very odd they would do that though. Before they'd talked about how they hate giving 1 hd weapons even just the same amount of acc/att as 2hd because you can dual wield them forget more

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So to further the RoE pattern... at least for me it seems the days are repeating. So by NA time the first/last trials of the day going from monday to sunday so far have been repeating in the following order: Aquan, beast, plantoid, lizard, vermin, xp, seals. Yay for xp being on the weekend. But this should help if anyone feels like planning some out for extra sparks and such.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

For you SCHs or RDMs out there, /BLM's agas are split by number of targets, so usually 600-800 dmg or 1kish for aga/agaII's. The thing is these are rather expensive to cast. An alternative I've found is subbing /BLU(can set m.atk bonus for SCH) and spam Mysterious Light. Does 1700-2400 or so, damage is NOT split by number of targets, it's only 73 MP and 7-12 sec recast. Can also use Bomb Toss for 1600-1800 for 42 MP. Just wearing Hagondes with augmented MAB and +178ish CHR and Baqil Staff/Atinian Staff with Zuuxowu Grip and Dosis Tathlum, getting ~2kish on 15+ mobs for 73 MP or 1700 for 42 MP.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Why are you looking to do such high damage for 500 damage + RoE? you cast those spells what, twice and you kill them all? congrats on your 30 damage credit, while the guy spamming aga/aga 2 is getting 110+ from your sample size.

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    Why are you looking to do such high damage for 500 damage + RoE? you cast those spells what, twice and you kill them all? congrats on your 30 damage credit, while the guy spamming aga/aga 2 is getting 110+ from your sample size.
    He could also be going for the one-shot 1000+ RoE quest too.

As I found out, a reasonably Abyssea geared THF with even an ilvl100 dagger can go down to, say where the Bloodsuckers are underneath Sandy and spam Aeolian Edge at a little over 100 TP and neatly pull 500-damage mass AoE hits. Was a good way to get one of our non-Adoulin types enough sparks to get going.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

This seems like the most relevant place to post it, but when your skill is capped, if you try to use books, it wont let you. So no worry about spamming books without paying attention and wasting any.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Can you trade the books to others? If you over buy them you might be wasting still. But that is good to know, I guess when you are close to cap just buy a couple and see how it goes?

So the last two days seemed to have hardly any repeat quests in the same day, that i noticed. Unfortunately I could never get to game with more than 15 minutes to go before the next started so I didn't earn a single copper voucher. But this morning i did the 6 am one, and got a couple kills into the next repeat of it. I went to sleep and woke up before work after jp midnight and it definately reset the quest. it was marked as not finished yet, I didnt do it tho cause i had to work. So no loggin or anything to reset them. And of course you cant get the voucher for the repeat quest if it goes lizards aquans lizards. Unless you do the first lizard before jp midnight.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    Can you trade the books to others? If you over buy them you might be wasting still. But that is good to know, I guess when you are close to cap just buy a couple and see how it goes?

So the last two days seemed to have hardly any repeat quests in the same day, that i noticed. Unfortunately I could never get to game with more than 15 minutes to go before the next started so I didn't earn a single copper voucher. But this morning i did the 6 am one, and got a couple kills into the next repeat of it. I went to sleep and woke up before work after jp midnight and it definately reset the quest. it was marked as not finished yet, I didnt do it tho cause i had to work. So no loggin or anything to reset them. And of course you cant get the voucher for the repeat quest if it goes lizards aquans lizards. Unless you do the first lizard before jp midnight.
    They are bazaarable.

If you mean the time limit ones (which sounds like you do) there are 3 seperate ones everyday. You however wont flat them unless you are logged in during the time period. Not sure what you mean by logging on before one starts having to do with getting copper.... you can complete them whenever. And it repeats same ones every day.

The order starting at the NA monday morning one is aquan, xp, aquan, beast, aquan, beast, plant, beast, plant, lizard, plant, lizard, vermin, lizard, vermin, seals, vermin, seals, xp, seals, xp.

As far as getting it if it repeats I've noticed similar though haven't really tested the exact time. If might just be completeing it during the time period. Did you finish yours after the time period but before jp midnight? Not that it makes much difference since the last one of a jp night ends at 10pm jst. That said it might be a bug... I reported it and it did get accepted. On the other hand they also accepted a bug report about someone not getting bites when they it was already answered that they were fishing in the wrong spot. So it seems there bug accepter is somewhat randomly hitting accept and denied

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    1-They are bazaarable, even sellable on the AH if you so desired (good luck selling em there though)
    2-Theres no reason to overbuy if you're paying attention as after a certain level, all you'll get are .1's. On Geo, at 363, I was no longer getting anything higher than .1. I'm not sure why 363, since C skill caps at 359 and 366 for lvls 97 and 98 respectively. The highest skill that even has a cap of 363 is B at lvl 94, so it seems to be some magical number.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I meant that i wasnt able to log into game til i had just enough time to maybe finish but unfortunately for like 6 or so in a row i kept running out of time before i got those kills.

The rest of what i was saying was confirming that for me in eastern time zone, I got the 6 am limited time quest. I did the quest right away. which set the repeat in my quest menu. I then went afk to sleep. JP midnight hit. The same quest was now flagged unfinished (instead of as a repeat) and there was no message in chat log like usual, but the menu had it like i hadnt finished it. I did not have time to do the quest. when i got off work i had been flagged for the 3 pm limited time quest. So it was like 6am NEW (vermin) do once quest still in menu... JP Midnight Same quest NEW (vermin) because it got reset... 3pm NEW different quest (plantoids)... 10pm REPEAT (vermin) cause you already did this 24 hour period.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

157 RoE quests done. All that remains for me is:
    * 3 more Woh Gates Colonization Reives
    * 200 mobs while level synced
    * Yumcax
    * ...6 ice crystals

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I need the level sync one to finish. I've been kind of lazy in getting it done.

I lucked out on some Colo Reives but Woh and Doh were mostly solo on BST which took forever. I was BLM most of the other ones which went much quicker but got bored of dealing with aggro so I just went BST and went afk.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Wonder why in some zones you can nuke reives with an obstacle between you(prevent aggro) but in woh/doh gates it says "you cannot see the knotted root" when i try to nuke with a wall or rock infront of me. It makes it very hard to solo on sch

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

So I posted earlier that Spoils(Crystals) only applies to the party that gets killshot if you're in an alliance (unless SE ninja changed it, I'll check again), but the timed Spoils(Seals) works in an alliance.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Wonder why in some zones you can nuke reives with an obstacle between you(prevent aggro) but in woh/doh gates it says "you cannot see the knotted root" when i try to nuke with a wall or rock infront of me. It makes it very hard to solo on sch
    I didn't find Doh that bad because I could just sleep the mobs and wear down the branches/whatever with 1k helices, but the Acuexes in Woh Gates hit me really hard for some reason. Also, they don't seem to go non-aggro quite like other zones. I'm just there on SMN using spirits now.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Acuxes soak up magic dmg nicely at least. Wish modus veritas worked on branches?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    157 RoE quests done. All that remains for me is:
    * 3 more Woh Gates Colonization Reives
    * 200 mobs while level synced
    * Yumcax
    * ...6 ice crystals
    Did you have any trouble with the reives? Because I just did 2 lairs in a row triboxing and each one only 1 character got credit. And the 3rd time none of my characters got credit cause someone else joined in

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I can see them adding expansion zones for RoE and maybe other unique ones like "Enfeeble X mobs", "Complete X skillchains" "Complete X Magic Bursts"

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Did you have any trouble with the reives? Because I just did 2 lairs in a row triboxing and each one only 1 character got credit. And the 3rd time none of my characters got credit cause someone else joined in
    I soloed them, so it was not an issue. Make your characters each get 1 eval before killing.