+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 113 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast

Thread: Trusts     submit to reddit submit to twitter

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    Cool that Tenzen has Tsukikage, lame that it doesn't appear to chain anything. I didn't expect to get Cosmic Elucidation either way, that was never really a "skillchain", it was more just a move he used, and I imagine lore-wise he can't actually use it because it's not the real Tenzen.
    You wouldn't want him to do Cosmic Elucidation anyway, since it's AoE. Mihli's usefulness is noticeably decreased by her tendency to aggro everything around her with her bubble WS. But has anyone else noticed, but Tenzen tends to not WS as often as he should...? I've caught him squatting on almost 200 TP before.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I cant get Joachim to Paeon me outside of combat like someone said. No other Trust has out-of-combat behaviors, or did I just misread? He didn't Paeon me even when at 50% HP, instead he just Cure IV's me.

As an aside, his songs hit outside of party if you're in a WKR. Had 5 songs on me from the dozen or so Joachims around me. Got paeonx2, Ballad, madrigal and march from different Joachim's nearby

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

he said dont engage enemies with yellow HP Or lower, meaning don't go into combat like that or he'll paeon you is how i'm reading it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashmalum View Post
    You wouldn't want him to do Cosmic Elucidation anyway, since it's AoE. Mihli's usefulness is noticeably decreased by her tendency to aggro everything around her with her bubble WS. But has anyone else noticed, but Tenzen tends to not WS as often as he should...? I've caught him squatting on almost 200 TP before.
    he could have AI that attempts skillchaining like adventuring fellows.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    he said dont engage enemies with yellow HP Or lower, meaning don't go into combat like that or he'll paeon you is how i'm reading it.
    Yeah, that's how I meant it, though I'm not really sure how it works anymore. I saw him do 2x Paeons twice with damaged HP before I posted that, but since then, he's been kind of off the wall. Been using Mihli, Tenzen, and Joachim on Thf keeping chains going on the Rocs (don't touch colibri's with him, Elegy is a bitch D: ) outside of Hurkan's entrance, and I've seen him cast Paeon a few times when everyone's HP was 90%+, Ballad when their MP was at 75%+ (though mine was low from gear swapping), etc. The threshold for him to start curing seems to be lower than Mihli's though, as he typically won't start curing until she lacks the MP to do so.

I've yet to see him overwrite songs however. He seems to wait until they wear off then decide on what's "best" to cast.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    Just now, Joachim managed to get Madrigal, March, and Ballad on me all at once. It seems he can do at least 3 songs, but just isn't programmed to do it usually.
    I've been having up to 5 songs up at the same time, but it was because other people's Joachim was singing songs on me as well thanks to Reives.
    You sure your third song didn't come from another Joachim because you were into a Reive?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm sure. I was soloing Raaz and Sheep for experience points at the time.

Alarial

What combination are people finding the most effective for soloing merits with Trusts (on a heavy melee job).

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I use Joachim/Mihli and Tenzen(he uses better ws than Ayame like Yukikaze instead of Gote. Mihli melees instead of just hanging back so she contributes a bit of damage. Joachim is great cuz he can ballad your trusts and haste you. Having a WHM trust and Joachim is sweet because Mihli/Kuipipi will "Slow" a target and Joachim will Elegy it making them realllllllly slowwwww. Kinda wish they made Mihli more of a battle WHM giving her Mystic Boon and instead of Slow/Para, gave her Dia II and Boost-STR.

They should make some of the PLDs a bit different besides WS. Give Davilles Enlight and maybe Reprisal, make Trion Shield Bash more(outside of his TP move Royal Bash). The Tenzen can be given Sekkanoki/Chainbound move and Ayame could get Hasso/Meditate. Just more JA's in general and more unique behavior amongst similar job class NPCs. Volker needs Berserk/Warcry, Naji can get Retaliation/Restraint etc..

I bet since Joachim was sort of a surprise/joke NPC trust, he was given throwing auto-attacks to be imagined as throwing Traverser Stones.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

mnk using Oat's and killing some lv 75-90 shit. Set crystals (if possible), mob kills, 500+ dmg, region mob kills (if possible), target timed RoE mob if possible as well. If possible, throw in a GoV, that shit will add up fast. Every punch should deal 500+ dmg, so that will add up quickly. If you dont have Oat's, a 2h job should work fine too, but without reliable haste/march, they wont rack up the 500+ dmg nearly as fast.

Fuck, you meant what combination of trusts lol. Well right now you'll probably get better xp killing legit fodder with double xp campaign (chain 1 1k xp on Marjami mobs for example), but once that runs out, your xp/hr might be better completing RoE and focusing on quicker kills.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Caprese Dionir
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    I use Joachim/Mihli and Tenzen(he uses better ws than Ayame like Yukikaze instead of Gote. Mihli melees instead of just hanging back so she contributes a bit of damage. Joachim is great cuz he can ballad your trusts and haste you. Having a WHM trust and Joachim is sweet because Mihli/Kuipipi will "Slow" a target and Joachim will Elegy it making them realllllllly slowwwww. Kinda wish they made Mihli more of a battle WHM giving her Mystic Boon and instead of Slow/Para, gave her Dia II and Boost-STR.

They should make some of the PLDs a bit different besides WS. Give Davilles Enlight and maybe Reprisal, make Trion Shield Bash more(outside of his TP move Royal Bash). The Tenzen can be given Sekkanoki/Chainbound move and Ayame could get Hasso/Meditate. Just more JA's in general and more unique behavior amongst similar job class NPCs. Volker needs Berserk/Warcry, Naji can get Retaliation/Restraint etc..

I bet since Joachim was sort of a surprise/joke NPC trust, he was given throwing auto-attacks to be imagined as throwing Traverser Stones.
    I used Volker for a while, and it seems he has a pseudo-berserk ability with a unique animation he uses every 5 minutes or so.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Anyone figure out how to get Lion yet?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Anyone figure out how to get Lion yet?
    if you're not joking... its from the upcoming login campaign

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Her Cipher will be buyable with log-in points on the next campaing (2-3 days?)

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Keep this about Trust NPCs. Embrava bitching, gtfo.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Where did you guys get this information about Lion being from the login campaign?

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Tarage View Post
    Where did you guys get this information about Lion being from the login campaign?
    From SE, multiple times even I think.

Here's one of them: http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/119...za-Coming-Soon

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Also, the wikis show the DAT file for the Cipher has been found, but no way to get it yet, most likely meaning it's a new Login Campaign reward, following the pattern of other stuff they have added in patches. Current Login Campaign ends on the 9th, just like the last few, and the next login campaign has been starting the very next day, so the 10th should show that item in the list.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So playing around with Joachim and he only seems to be doing the paeon when he is out of mp and people need cures for me.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Lion has some pretty cool (and unnecessary) attack animations, uses walk the plank, pirate pummel and powder keg, damage so far seems very much like nanaa mihgo since she wields a single dagger and attacks fairly fast, havent seen her use any normal WS or grape shot yet

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

She uses Grapeshot.