+ Reply to Thread
Page 113 of 113 FirstFirst ... 63 103 111 112 113

Thread: Trusts     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan View Post
    Arciela I remember testing multiple times with rayke and she always seemed to do light damage (regardless of what color her hands were glowing), but I had her summoned against dazzling dolores (absorbs earth?) the other day and she was healing it 100% of the time in log. Not sure if it was just a tachi jinpu type chatlog bug since it was actually dying faster than when I had a different rdm trust out, or something finicky like it chooses the lowest resisted element like an sc.
    How exactly did you test with rayke? Do you mean gambit?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Maybe? It was whichever run JA increases damage taken by a specific element, I could only get damage increases for light damage(edit: including when her hands were dark). A real run player I knew tested this as well at got the same result. IIRC she did crap damage to light elementals in sky as well, but those might just have light DT not resist? In all of these cases it was right when arciela 1 came out thou, so something might have changed.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Gambit increases dmg to an element. Rayke lowers resistances and can lower elemental sdts if they have them and does some weird stuff to the nuking too much too fast dmg nerf. Hand color changes were mode changes iirc similar to light/dark arts where would go more towards support or enfeebling.

Elementals have huge sdts as well as immunities to debuffs to elements they are strong too which sort of makes it hard to tell if they have resistances too but probably. Light elmentals also tend to keep shell on themselves too.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I've been collecting the Trusts from the Spring event.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Lots of trust in the May event which are the must haves? Getting shanatto II for sure!

Radsourceful

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Login Campaign:
    Uka and Mayakov for JA dynamis procs
    Star Sybil, MAB/MAcc aura if you're not engaging (solo mage,etc)
    Shantotto2

Spring Ego Fest:
    Qultada - COR. Uses COR roll when you have Dedication or Commitment rings up. Typically Chaos/Warrior or Chaos/Evoker otherwise.
    Amchuchu - Reasonable tank (RUN)
    Sakura - Regen aura, Melee skillup rate up
    King of Hearts - Opens with Dia3. Haste2/Refresh2 on person who summoned him, Phalanx2 on anyone with hate. Bursts Firaga4 on fire SCs. Dispel WS. Will help with status, but takes a lot to get him to cure

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Don't forget Karaha as one of the best non UC healers if you don't care about the AoEing which is also kind of a lot of dmg lol.

Mayakov is actually one of the best dds once he's done landing the gazillion steps he puts on things. So short fights has basically 0 dps but longer ones it's really good.

Koru-Moru also solid but more support and stays farther back rdm.

Mnejing also a solid all around tank. Not as good against physical as August nor as good against specific element magic as Amchuchu but better than either in the other way and better than the rest of the meh tanks. Well except I guess those niche uses of Gessho but his hate kind of sucks.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Mnejing also a solid all around tank. Not as good against physical as August nor as good against specific element magic as Amchuchu but better than either in the other way and better than the rest of the meh tanks. Well except I guess those niche uses of Gessho but his hate kind of sucks.
    As someone who currently only has AAEV and Amchuchu as viable tanking options, I'm curious where AAEV stands in that lineup (she seems better than meh to me).

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I tend to use EV over August simply because he loves to throw away his wings on a 10 damage WS and die immediately afterwards. And Amchuchu loves to use berserk and dies to anything that swings harder than a stiff breeze, or nukes with more than 1 element. All trust tanks find ways to die eventually though so it's really a toss up with the mob you want to fight and how long the fight goes.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Don't buy Koru-Moru if it's not on a new character. He's available for free from ROE once you hit lv99/ilv117.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Djohn View Post
    As someone who currently only has AAEV and Amchuchu as viable tanking options, I'm curious where AAEV stands in that lineup (she seems better than meh to me).
    AAEV is kind of another all arounder. 10% dt and decent hp makes similarly not excel but not suck against a particular dmg type.... but auto has 35% so. Has decent amount of hate moves so way better than Mnejing in that department but August/Amchuchu tend to hold hate better.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post
    Don't buy Koru-Moru if it's not on a new character. He's available for free from ROE once you hit lv99/ilv117.
    I keep forgetting that shit lol

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    I keep forgetting that shit lol
    I've actually been leaving him out of my lobby on OF to remove the ciphers from Extravaganzas that are now available from ROEs because of the ilvl117 requirement for the slowpokes who take forever (more than a weekend lol) to hit 99.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Does August have Plantoid Killer or something? Ygnas was getting intimidated trying to cast spells on him.

Radsourceful

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by The Assman View Post
    Does August have Plantoid Killer or something? Ygnas was getting intimidated trying to cast spells on him.
    No science/testing, but he acts like he's equipped with 5/5 Founders gear - resists terror a lot (feet) and doesn't get interrupted often (legs) - they all have killer effect+ on them, which would line up with what you're seeing

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So some random info. AATT will not even try to cast sleepga on targets that are immune. Really annoying if it's the center mob or something

Ygnas seems immune to sleep or at least light base ones. Haven't had them land yet and will attempt to immediately wake you. If has tp will do the AoE heal move if not cure 1 unless you need hp restored