BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 113 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast

Thread: Trusts     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
    I'll keep that in mind, however, I meant the video.

The whole time I was waiting for her to use Asuran Fists. Then he unfreezes and destroys her in seconds.
    I've never seen the Prishe trust use anything but Auroral Uppercut, Nullifying Dropkick, or Knuckle Sandwich

Banned.

BG Level

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...1839/11839.jpg

So there is gonna be an Aphmau trust but I don't see any puppets. Wonder if they'll just make her a MNK

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Priran View Post
    I've never seen the Prishe trust use anything but Auroral Uppercut, Nullifying Dropkick, or Knuckle Sandwich
    Or spells.
    Did she even use Asuran Fists in the original Promathia fight? Or in the Heroine's holdthing BC?

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Or spells.
    Did she even use Asuran Fists in the original Promathia fight? Or in the Heroine's holdthing BC?
    Promathia, no. She was more or less there to make the fight way easier so long as you kept her alive, with the dropkick being the only way to remove Promathia's immunities. She also used Auroral Uppercut, but she did not use any WS other than those. Knuckle Sandwich was added for Holdfast.

As an aside, Auroral Uppercut is only AoE for Trust Prishe, and I wanna slap whoever made the decision to change it to AoE.

Campaign
    BG Level

Promathia, no. She was more or less there to make the fight way easier so long as you kept her alive, with the dropkick being the only way to remove Promathia's immunities. She also used Auroral Uppercut, but she did not use any WS other than those.
    She used Benediction! Altough that's not a WS either.

As an aside, Auroral Uppercut is only AoE for Trust Prishe, and I wanna slap whoever made the decision to change it to AoE.
    Yeah aggroes stuff around, it's annoying.

Banned.

BG Level

Yeah aggroes stuff around, it's annoying.
    It also Stunned in those fights, which I'm pretty sure Trust Prishe's doesn't do. Prishe is still my all-around favorite trust because she's Prishe and Auroral Uppercut makes Light with VSmite, but I wish they left that WS alone.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...1839/11839.jpg

So there is gonna be an Aphmau trust but I don't see any puppets. Wonder if they'll just make her a MNK
    It's going to be extremely disappointing if she doesn't have her pets...

Campaign
    BG Level

I hope nobody was seriously *expecting* them to give us an NPC who controls 2 more NPCs?
    I mean hoping is one thing, but expecting it?

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I expect them to mistakenly allow that and then patch it out.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I hope nobody was seriously *expecting* them to give us an NPC who controls 2 more NPCs?
    I mean hoping is one thing, but expecting it?
    It's not as crazy as it sounds at first. They could easily make it so Aphmau basically does nothing except send out the autos and maneuver kinda like how ulmia just sings. And muppets aren't as strong as a player on the real job and that's with specific gearing, smart maneuvering, and attachments. Without specific gearing and limited AI plus any maneuvers she does (assuming they even allow maneuvering) would most likely apply to both so wouldn't benefit each one the same and no real attachmenting I'd imagine her muppets would most likely basically be half a trust each anyways

Campaign
    BG Level

Think about the massive visual lag with people using 2 trust, maybe a pet, and even Aphmau (which would be 3 models).
    All of this without counting the fact that such an AI would be more complicated that what we've seen so far on the player side.
    I'm not saying it's not goin to happen, but expecting it like it's the most obvious thing to happen is another thing, imho

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

They could make it so that you can only summon Aphmau if you have no other Trusts out. She'd pop out with her 2 autos and that would count as your 3 Trust max.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

There has to be some gimmick to her if she has no pets.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I know she's a PUP but does she melee/use h2h? Never did her fight.

Campaign
    BG Level

I only remember her doing some bindga move (stunga?) and running away, or stuff like that.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'd bet it'll come down to system limitations, being too difficult to make work, and lore. By lore, I mean trusts is summoning a doppelganger of the individual. How would such a thing "bring" the puppets with it? Maybe a less finesse way of doing it would be to do trust with the puppets as well, and have all 3 be viable, individual trust summons. Would be weird, but meh, don't imagine them being overly useful regardless, just a cool toy. If I want healing, I'd pop one of the Whms, DD, one of the better DDs, and tanking, one of the actual tanks. Not a Pup and hope the AI spaghetti is able to perform up to par with other trusts.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Nashmeira's auto attack animation is a pansy slap thing in the holdfast battles. It's pretty silly.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

While I'd like to see the suggested "Aphmau does nothing but control her two puppets" Trust, as I think it would be the most fitting way to do it, what I actually expect to see is Aphmau fighting by herself and calling in one of the two puppets at random for a WS--the puppet would appear, do a WS, then disappear, much like how many beastman summoners temp summon an avatar when they do Astral Flow. The dev team will then give an excuse about lag and/or graphical load from having too many NPCs out at once. I hope to be proved wrong!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I don't understand the lag argument. 1-2 more guys out big whoop. What about a full paty or alliance or big content fights with tons of people in a small space like besieged.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    I don't understand the lag argument. 1-2
    1-2 x 40 people around you