Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 113 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 ... LastLast

Thread: Trusts     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Seems Karaha uses barspells on occasion if you get hit with elemental damage, he cast baraera after I got hit with molting plumage and barfira after flare from a velkk. However, he didn't cast barwatera after rending deluge or barstonra after embalming earth, he might have been preoccupied with rebuffing or erasing so that might have stopped the bars on those.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Been trying to use Ajido-Marujido in WKR and on multiple occasions he doesn't nuke. He just stands there and does nothing. When I'm low on HP he will Cure IV me and other Trusts but he doesn't seem to nuke anymore like he used to months ago...

Was his AI changed?

I think it's related to how their AI works that they only cast spells when an enemy has a weakness? It was a dev note awhile ago about some JP using Shantotto on Byakko and she did nothing. Pretty sure they said something like "don't use her, try different strategies lol", so I can see the WKR not working on roots, unless you were fighting monsters?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Pretty sure tojil has a weakness or two.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Pretty sure tojil has a weakness or two.
    what is a weakness for you? triggers dont mean automaticly that it is weak to that said element.

none of the magical elemental does increased dmg on it compared to others, only the resist rate might be lower.

weakness is when something takes increased dmg from a source compared to other sources, like umbrils takeing enhanced amount of fire dmg.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Garuda doesnt take extra ice damage, but its definately her weakness.

So it doesnt have to mean "bonus damage". In the case of magic, it mostly refers to resist rates (with certain adoulin exceptions a-la umbril and acuex).

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Barring very few NM's, almost no standard mob in the game before adoulin takes "bonus damage" from any element. Skeletons take bonus damage from Banish spells(but not from Holy or other light spells).

Tojil is weak to water, he resists it the least, being the firebranded nakuaal. Wyverns which use breaths based on the weakness of the mob will use hydro breath and blm automatons which have a target marker nuke with water.

MY bad, I was thinking normal reives, not WKR for some reason. That's strange then. Spaghetti code I guess.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Have not seen Karaha use Fenrir at all. Under what circumstances does he summon him--maybe only with Star Sibyl?

He seems like a pretty MP conscious WHM trust. Has 1500+ MP, has Auto-Refresh II, mostly casts Cure IV when necessary, casts Cure V when super low, compared to Ferreous Coffin who casts Cure VI when your HP is at 75% >.>. He does Spirit Taker to replenish MP although his acc sucks.

-Edit-

I see now, he uses Fenrir's Blood Pacts as a Weapon Skill when he has TP, but you don't actually see Fenrir, instead he throws his staff like Retribution and you see a Howling Moon animation. Does pretty sweet damage, like 4k+ but it's AoE ><

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

He'll also use Lunar Bay which he will favor over howling moon if he can SC with it.

Also, Koru-moru has 0 native auto refresh. I've seen him completely run out of MP on multiple occasions (don't ask me how he managed it) and he'll sit on 0 MP if refresh II and convert are down till you idle and let trusts get MP/HP back normally. Or re-summon, which is faster obviously. If he gets auto-refresh it's from some trust combo I don't use.

Campaign
    BG Level

I think I reported autorefresh for Koru-moru. I normally use him with Kupipi and Ulmia.

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    I think I reported autorefresh for Koru-moru. I normally use him with Kupipi and Ulmia.
    Chaining away with him, I don't see him recovering MP at all if you stay in fights beyond Refresh II and his usual Converts. If you fight constantly, he'll be so busy lobbing debuffs and buffing everyone else that eventually, he'll burn out completely (and at very low MP will even resort to tossing the last few with a Dia or something).

If you're using him with Ulmia, are you sure she's not just Pianissimo/Ballading Koru-Moru instead? She'll single-target buff alter egos at low MP.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Wish I could get her to do that more often. I ended up stopping using Koru because she'd just regular ballad after the first few spells

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Confirming no auto refresh with kupipi and Koru-moru. Just regular 6 tic from refresh II. And yeah if you use Ulmia she'll double ballad you with him lol.

Campaign
    BG Level

Yeah that's my problem. I was bloody sure Refresh II was 5mp/tic, so by seeing 6mp/tic I assumed 1mp/tic of autorefresh.

As for Ulmia, Iv'e been using that setup for infinite+1 amounts of hours, and she's just random in my experience.
    Or rather she likely is not random but I cannot grasp her logic.
    Sometimes she uses double ballad when Koru-moru is at 90% MP, some other times I still have a steady and reliable doublemarch with Koru under 40% mp. Some other times she splits her song with one march and one ballad.
    I seriously don't get it, but it's not double ballad all of the times.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Some of it might have to do with remaining song duration. Like if you've every gone out of range while she has casted she wont bother to recast songs until it's almost worn off of her

Just curious- does anyone have a list of where you can and cannot tow in your Trusts? I mean, I can charge in with the gang vs. Promathia at the end of CoP, but it refused to let me summon during Apocalypse Nigh. Is there any logic to it, certain BCNM-style fights it's A-OK for and others it's not?

Cause there's plenty of stuff I'd be happy to be a sociopathic little THF and just call in the hired help for instead of shouting for people/bugging the LS.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

The mission BC's you can take trusts to have been added slowly over time. Very slowly as of late. As far as I can remember, the last missions they let you take Trusts too was half way through ToAU, might be all of it now. Other than that I think it's just ZM and CoP but not AN or bahamut etc. Can't use trusts on WotG yet for sure. And you can use them in all Adoulin Missions so far. Outside of Missions they can be used in all Skirmish, HKC BC's but not any other seals, Campaign battles, Reives, and any normal fields and dungeons.

No: dynamis, limbus, einherjar, besieged, assaults/ Nyzul, certain Campaign Ops, ENMs, Delve, Legion, Meebles, Voidwatch, MMM, and uh I'm sure there's a bunch of other events I'm forgetting.

I'm not sure about Garrison, never tired it with trusts. Not sure about ANNM either.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

For quest battles that occur in regular areas not dedicated to battlefields (e.g. DRG quest, Bahamut, last 2 Windurst [S] quests), you have to summon them before you enter. It might be an oversight, TBH.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Why isn't there a 4th Sandoria trust? Is it because you get 2 of them in the past (Rainemard and Excenmille (S))? Would be nice to have Pieuje.