Page 56 of 113 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 106 ... LastLast

Thread: Trusts     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    edit: nvm i googled.

what are the common fave for top DDs ?
    I like Prishe and Noillurie for SCing. Karaha does respectable damage with his WS and is a WHM. Mumor isn't bad and isn't a terrible support.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireon View Post
    Surprise, surprise. Abenzio and Babban are crap. Their DoT is nothing special compared to better melee trusts, and their TP moves are the standard goobbue/mandragora set, meaning half of the time they don't do anything useful.
    Really? When I was using Babban, all she would do is spam her TP reset move.
    Did she not do that for you??

Her damage sucks, but then at 99 they all suck for DD (for the most part).
    I did not use Abenzio at the time, so it definitely wasn't a bonus from using them together.

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    what are the common fave for top DDs ?
    I can only speak for myself, but I use Elivira, Mumor, and Karaha. Elivira's ranged attack damage is great, and her weapon skills are above average, while Mumor provides haste samba, TP move stunning, and big damage Skullbreakers. And Karaha just because he is amazing melee healer.

I'm sure there are probably slightly better DDs, but those often have inconvenient AoE moves so I shy away from them. And yes, I know Karaha uses Howling Moon, but he doesn't use it as often as Lunar Bay, and I think it's worth what he brings to the table.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

A couple other notable DDs:

Rainemard does surprisingly solid damage-wise with his enspells and self-buffs, plus he'll help enfeeble with Distract and such. I think of him less as a mage who won't Haste II you, and more as an enfeebling DD.
    Zeid does OK damage and since his AI updates can stun a lot of TP moves.

I really need to go parse some DDs against each other and compare them more.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I like ayame if you can skillchain with her

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    I like ayame if you can skillchain with her
    Ayame is best for unlocking WS and doing those points in general. I approve.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Is there a guide or anything for the annoying event with the mandy just want to make sure im not missing anything im only able to get about 20-30ish shards in bastok markets before i have to turn in.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

you just gotta keep doing it until you accumulate enough

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Nem0 View Post
    Is there a guide or anything for the annoying event with the mandy just want to make sure im not missing anything im only able to get about 20-30ish shards in bastok markets before i have to turn in.
    With base gear, the most you can get per shining spot is 5 shards, and that's if you're the first person to check it. It decreases by one every person that gets shards from it. My best run was about 50 shards because a bunch popped near me at once.

Once you get the +1 gear, wearing one piece doubles your shards from the shining spots, and both pieces quadruples your shards. Once you have both pieces, you can hit the 200 seed grab bag every couple of runs.

It also depends on where the event drops you. South Sandy can drop you at chocobo stables, or east or west end of zone. Stables is the worst because you don't have time to run to an end and back, but starting from either end lets you have enough time to run through the stables and still turn in your shards.

Mappy is also helpful to show you when her friends are coming around a corner, as you can mark them as Hunts, as well as the shining spots, to make your path more efficient.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by bungiefan View Post
    Mappy is also helpful to show you when her friends are coming around a corner, as you can mark them as Hunts, as well as the shining spots, to make your path more efficient.
    When did Mappy get fixed? Got a link to the updated version? Loved Mappy, but it broke a number of months ago and never couldn't find a fix for it, just converted to FFXIDB, but really miss the Hunts feature.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

you could also fillmode for seein them mobs around corners. I think i tried mappy once a few months back and it did absolutely nothing but maybe I am jsut dumb and dont know what i am doin with it (maybe i needed more files ect)

Minor note from the update: They'll be giving a "team-up" bonus to the Serpent General Trusts when you summon them together.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Kyreth View Post
    Minor note from the update: They'll be giving a "team-up" bonus to the Serpent General Trusts when you summon them together.
    I'd like to see more of this concept added (such as a prishe/ulmia pairing for one example). Of course, you'll have to make the bonuses worthwhile to justify doing it over a patchwork matchup.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Going off the past time lines of Alter Ego Extravaganza do you think we will have to wait tell the new year for a new event to come out?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Karaha casts Stona. Not sure if that's new or was just misreported earlier.

Campaign
    BG Level

Noticed yesterday Koru Moru wasn't casting Haste2 on me on BRD yesterday, he was casting it on Mumor only.
    He was casting Phalanx II and other buffs on me no problem, healing me as well.
    Has this always been the case? I dunno, maybe I forgot, haven't exped on BRD in a couple of months maybe.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Noticed yesterday Koru Moru wasn't casting Haste2 on me on BRD yesterday, he was casting it on Mumor only.
    Has this always been the case? I dunno, maybe I forgot, haven't exped on BRD in a couple of months maybe.
    Yeah he will cast refresh 2 on backline jobs regardless of their mp and haste 2 on front line jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    I have had the same issue on "mage" jobs with Haste 2 when I was unlocking some WS. I would get Phalanx II, Refresh but never Haste 2.

Campaign
    BG Level

I remember that happening on mages, but I didn't remember that happening on BRD as well. Altough yeah, technically BRD is not a DD >.>
    He wasn't refreshing me either. That racist taru!!

Maybe BRD not having native MP is throwing him off? Doesn't take much to confuse Taru's.