Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

DRG may be an exception since SE designed the job to work synergistically with /mage subs(healing and status remove breath activating when spells or WS). Even our AF2+1 back at 75 cap had some +MP on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercer_Keel View Post
    Going off the past time lines of Alter Ego Extravaganza do you think we will have to wait tell the new year for a new event to come out?
    New Years alter ego extravaganza is confirmed with the latest freshly picked this morning. they showed Kukki chebukki, Margret, and Gilgamesh. Probably safe to assume those are the 3 we're getting. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJd45OZ6LQw (Skip to 01:16:15)
    Gilgamesh is a Sam, used sekkanoki, hasso, and third eye has 1-2 special ws that made light and kasha.
    Margret is a Rng, used refulgent arrow.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    DRG may be an exception since SE designed the job to work synergistically with /mage subs(healing and status remove breath activating when spells or WS). Even our AF2+1 back at 75 cap had some +MP on it.
    Does he Haste + Refresh DRG w/ mage subs, or just Refresh?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

iirc Kukki was a blm/rdm. In the vid he used only thunder nukes but he casts more often than some other blms so that's nice but no meleeing.. Reflugent was doing 4-5k but she wouldn't melee despite the melee stance and having a dagger out and being in range but she shot at a ok speed. Gil double attacked a bit so I'd assume /war or good hassozanshin.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by The Assman View Post
    Does he Haste + Refresh DRG w/ mage subs
    Yes.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

That special ws he did looks awesome

Campaign
    BG Level

Reminds me of Blade: Shun.
    Very cool indeed.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

thanks for letting me know.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I just reactivated my account, I quit a year and a half ago, what trusts should I focus on getting?

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Unfortunately you can only get two to three good ones. The rest of the them are locked behind login campaigns and seasonal campaigns unfortunately which sucks. Kupipi for sure and Ulmia to start.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I have my rajas ring and have completed CoP, yet am unable to get ulmia or prishe.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy's View Post
    I have my rajas ring and have completed CoP, yet am unable to get ulmia or prishe.
    Check other wiki. There are some things that can block those 2

Picked up General Rughadjeen from the login campaign today. Impressions from initial testing so far: underwhelming.

According to his icon, he is a tank class. He casts Flash and occasionally Holys for around 1.5 damage on crap mobs in Ceizak. His attack power is average at best, dealing around 150-200 damage per hit, but he is sloooooooow. Without some form of haste, he was taking almost 5 seconds between attacks. He uses basic great sword weapon skills like Sickle Moon and Ground Strike, for around 1.5k damage. He also has his unique weapon skill Victory Beacon, which is a conal AoE that did about the same amount of damage.

That's just him without any related trusts. Next I tried dismissing my other two and summoning Mihli and Zazarg, both of which had unique dialogue with him in the party. I did not notice anything special happening to Mihli and Zazarg, but I noticed Rughadjeen was now using Sentinel, and his melee attacks were dealing additional light damage.

Compared to other tanks, he's useless if the only way he can get hate is by casting Flash. The only interesting thing about him is his synergy with the other generals. I didn't bother testing with the other two, but maybe he gets different bonuses depending on who he's with.

Campaign
    BG Level

Yesterday I tried Karuha Baruha for the first time, was funny to see how thanks to his WS damage he was outdamaging both Mumor and Ferreous Coffin, despite Mumor having 2x Minuet/2x Marches compared to Karaha having only 2x Marches/2x Ballads
    Lolz.
    Noticed that Karaha has a similar AI to Koru Moru, he doesn't seem to be hasting backline jobs, whereas Ferreous Coffin does. I was on BRD and Ferreous was always hasting me.

Does Karaha use -na too? In my case Ferreous' AI was always faster. His AI is kinda almost instant in removing debuffs, pretty awesome, but this has been said several times in this thread.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Yesterday I tried Karuha Baruha for the first time, was funny to see how thanks to his WS damage he was outdamaging both Mumor and Ferreous Coffin, despite Mumor having 2x Minuet/2x Marches compared to Karaha having only 2x Marches/2x Ballads
    Lolz.
    Noticed that Karaha has a similar AI to Koru Moru, he doesn't seem to be hasting backline jobs, whereas Ferreous Coffin does. I was on BRD and Ferreous was always hasting me.

Does Karaha use -na too? In my case Ferreous' AI was always faster. His AI is kinda almost instant in removing debuffs, pretty awesome, but this has been said several times in this thread.
    Karua does a lot, except he AoEs, which is why I don't use him. He protectra/shellra/haste/-na and has a crap ton of MP. He also WS for a good amount, like you mentioned.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah I like his ws dmg... except when he choses to use sunburst for shit dmg. Also since he tends to wait till I ws and I tend to try to close skillchains I end up with him getting 3000 semi often

Karaha's AoE means he isn't perfect, but only in situations where you really don't want him touching anything besides the thing you're fighting. And even then, I've noticed he uses Lunar Bay far more often than Howling Moon. If you're farming crap mobs for an RoE objective, or taking down a rieve where the fight's only going to last a few minutes at most, things like that, then he excels. I guess the same is technically true for all AoE users, but it's more inconvenient when you have say, Mihli using Scouring Bubbles every other time and only doing 500 damage, meanwhile everything around you is now attacking her.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Anyone happen to know if the relic weapon using npcs can help with doing the relic weapon kill shot trials im assuming no, if noone knows ill try it myself in few days.

Even if doing it that way did count (and I don't see why it would if you aren't the one getting the kill) the trusts are more likely to use a different weapon skill than the relic one.