BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 112 of 113 FirstFirst ... 62 102 110 111 112 113 LastLast

Thread: Trusts     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Joachim can't ballad at all. You're mistaking him for Ulmia, who does ballad at low mp.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Joachim definitely can sing ballads. Whether he does it alone or not I don't know but I have absolutely seen him sing ballads with Ulmia

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    Joachim can't ballad at all. You're mistaking him for Ulmia, who does ballad at low mp.
    Yes clearly I'm thinking about Ulmia when talking about a trust that spends their own mp load fast and then ballads....

Like I said at the beginning brd AIs are finicky and seem to work different for different people. I also know people who swear he double marchs or double mads if necessary while I've yet to see him ever do 2 of the same type of buff ever. While I know people who say Ulmia wont double but always does for me

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Joachim definitely can sing ballads. Whether he does it alone or not I don't know but I have absolutely seen him sing ballads with Ulmia
    You might be on to something back when I last used Joachim much it would always be with Ulmia because he wouldn't double march me... and trying it now without her he wouldn't do it but with her he definitely casting it before she does

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Just had him use it as the only BRD in the party when Yoran went below 15% MP.

As an aside I really wish people would stop using Yoran and pushing him to 1st place, dude sucks.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

I prefer Arciela I over II because she does more useful WS like the AOE buff/heal and enfeebles.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Like I said at the beginning brd AIs are finicky and seem to work different for different people. I also know people who swear he double marchs or double mads if necessary while I've yet to see him ever do 2 of the same type of buff ever. While I know people who say Ulmia wont double but always does for me
    My joachim loves to do double madrigal when I have capped acc and he is the only one that could possibly benefit.

Brd trusts do act a lot differently with both of them out compared to solo thou. Easier to get double march with ulmia alone than with both for example.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    I prefer Arciela I over II because she does more useful WS like the AOE buff/heal and enfeebles.
    I don't think they're WS, they're just JAs with a cooldowns?
    Arciela II is more offensive and casts different buffs on different people (with low priority, highest prio are yourself and her). She also has huge fast cast and magic bursts. Also she has a decent enhancing magic duration bonus.
    Arciela I has some unique buffs on cooldowns, a ja to heal master (long cooldown) but she only casts stuff on herself and master. The good part about Arciela I is that she's the only RDM trust that will overwrite Haste1 with a Haste2. All other RDM trusts won't do that if they see a Haste1 active. Granted that Arciela does this with a very low priority (basically when she has nothing else to do), but it happens.

They both perform debuffs as well but I don't remember who-does-what.
    Koru-Moru and King of Hearts are better in that regard anyway, if I recall.

As a personal preference I normally use ArcielaI for the Haste2 overwrite thing. If that's not an issue I normally prefer other RDMs.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan View Post
    My joachim loves to do double madrigal when I have capped acc and he is the only one that could possibly benefit.

Brd trusts do act a lot differently with both of them out compared to solo thou. Easier to get double march with ulmia alone than with both for example.
    There's something broken about that.
    Normally they check for party average accuracy, or maybe the party member with the lowest accuracy, and if they can benefit from acc, then they will madrigal.
    Makes sense in theory, but then I see them using Madrigal regularly even if I'm fighting low level stuff on which even the worst trust would be way above acc cap, soooo either something broke up over the last months, or there's something else at work here.
    It's really hard to see Minuets up for me. Only situation where I consistently see them is at WKRs or Domain Invasion where they basically either do Minuet or they have no other song to cast xD

Thanks for the rundown dasva.

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

I found a really great combination of Trusts if you are soloing Capacity points and you are a tank job. If this has already been talked about in this thread I'm sorry. I don't feel like skimming over half the thread. Iroha II, Arciela II, Teodor, Qultada, Apururu (or the Unity healer of your choice) Use a WS that opens Light. Iroha will WS with you everytime. Iroha will MB with Flare II, Teodor will cast a -ja spell, Arciela will also cast. Mob melts. Sometimes you don't even have to do anything. Iroha uses her 4 step SC very often and the others will MB off it. I tested this on RUN using Dimidiation in Reisenjima on Raaz's.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

If you can, use shantotto 2 over teodor, she uses single target and her spells do far more dmg.

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

Yeah you were right. I tried her and it was faster kills. I forgot she will cast twice after a MB. However, I don't think her MAB is necessarily higher than Teodor's though. After a Skillchain her nukes do 7-8k dmg and his do the same. I've seen his go over 10k if it's the element the mob is weak too.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    Yeah you were right. I tried her and it was faster kills. I forgot she will cast twice after a MB. However, I don't think her MAB is necessarily higher than Teodor's though. After a Skillchain her nukes do 7-8k dmg and his do the same. I've seen his go over 10k if it's the element the mob is weak too.
    Well she's also casting T1 vs his jas. I'd wager there is some mab difference or maybe more MBB but probably just crazy increases in base dmg. dmg comparison might depend on target a tad though. I notice most trusts tend to drop off rather quickly as mobs get harder but shantotoo's stays high for awhile. iirc think I was getting up to like 15k on T1 zitah nms for example

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Does anyone know if the trusts that have magical auto-attacks (like Arciela) give 100~ TP per hit to the enemy like a magical attack would? (I guess their AGI and possible subtle blow could lower it a bit) Since they have 100% accuracy I feel it may be wise to not use them when soloing high level NMs since they'll just feed TP but I'm not sure. Also which trusts besides Arciela have magical auto-attacks? I don't remember the full list

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I think Shantotto II has magical auto-attacks.

August cycles between light elemental magic (H2H or bow), slashing (axe + dagger), and blunt (sword + shield).

Despite the animation, I think Ajido and Mildaurion have blunt attacks.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Balamor, Rosulatia, and Sehl'teus have magical auto-attacks.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Doesnt Teodore also have some kind of magical attacks?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

For teodor think it depends on which autoattack he does, like august. I think some are physical, some dark.

Sehl'teus I'm pretty sure is always physical.

Arciela I remember testing multiple times with rayke and she always seemed to do light damage (regardless of what color her hands were glowing), but I had her summoned against dazzling dolores (absorbs earth?) the other day and she was healing it 100% of the time in log. Not sure if it was just a tachi jinpu type chatlog bug since it was actually dying faster than when I had a different rdm trust out, or something finicky like it chooses the lowest resisted element like an sc.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I've seen Arciela's attacks heal an NM that absorbs water damage, so it's possible it works like skillchains and chooses the lowest resist element (which is usually the one they absorb)